Rihanna’s new album is going to be biggest comeback of the century after 25. Agree?

Bey Admired

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey Admired

• zzmyth

• Squall

• Badgalbriel

Is really someone talking about 500K first week?

I mean... Rih's best first week is 240K...

She is not a frontloaded artist.

And with this kind of hiatus she took... depends on the music she releases.

If she goes of a huge hit after all these years... the hype will be off the roof...

But if she does a Beyonce kinda release with no interest and no visuals and no real push... then.... it will be just another release

At this point... the Navy wants new music, no matter the charts

Maybe through streaming seems she is a streaming supernova without even having new music out, so its a maybe. 

On 9/18/2022 at 10:37 PM, Bey Admired said:

I feel like Rihanna’s comeback is about to be the biggest musical event of the century, only coming second to 25. 

She’s about to smash all streaming records and get by far the highest debut of her career.

People are waiting with great anticipation for this album and she’s going to decimate about a million records. Taylor’s streaming numbers will pale in comparison to a true global icon. 

The girls should be scared. 

Agree? 

Not you setting up this woman like this :dies:

I think everyone has at least 30 copies of 25 I do

Worst Christmas gift ever the fact I I pawed them

Edited by Shaner69

On 9/21/2022 at 10:00 AM, Homebrand said:

The lies.. Rih has moved similar album units to supposed album sellers like Gaga and Beyonce.. she's just never been front loaded like they are :cm: 

…because streaming made everyone sell albums

3 minutes ago, Squall said:

…because streaming made everyone sell albums

...I was referring to pure album sales but alright

Just now, Homebrand said:

...I was referring to pure album sales but alright

She had 7 albums out :rip: 

Just now, Homebrand said:

And people were buying them? :rip:  

No, she wasn’t a big album seller and you all need to stop lying like that. She only had GGGB and Loud. Rated R had yet to top 3M at the end of 2010 while TTT and Unapologetic had to yet to top 3.5M at the end of the next years following their respective releases. You compare to Beyoncé but for instant, her ST album did similar/a bit better… while having no big hit to support it; Rihanna had huge hits every era and it didn’t make her sell a lot of albums.

It will be massive, but without pure sales (which were never Rihanna's strength) it's not going to do massive first week numbers. It'll have insane longevity.

4 minutes ago, Squall said:

No, she wasn’t a big album seller and you all need to stop lying like that. She only had GGGB and Loud. Rated R had yet to top 3M at the end of 2010 while TTT and Unapologetic had to yet to top 3.5M at the end of the next years following their respective releases. You compare to Beyoncé but for instant, her ST album did similar/a bit better… while having no big hit to support it; Rihanna had huge hits every era and it didn’t make her sell a lot of albums.

I never said she was a 'big' album seller, all I said was she moved similar albums to Beyonce and Gaga who are deemed 'album' artists here on ATRL so don't put words in my mouth :rip: 'big hits' are not necessary to sell albums, so im not sure where you've drawn that narrative (sure it helps, but its not mutually exclusive..) Beyonce had what 14 videos to promote her album, so why shouldn't it have been successful? (not dragging Bey here because im  a fan, but your point makes no sense)

All I said was Rihanna despite being deemed a 'singles' artist was able to sell SIMILAR amounts to Gaga and Bey who aren't deemed single artists, sure you can grasp at straws continually throw excuses, but the point still stands so perhaps you should stop lying :rip: 

1 minute ago, Homebrand said:

I never said she was a 'big' album seller, all I said was she moved similar albums to Beyonce and Gaga who are deemed 'album' artists here on ATRL so don't put words in my mouth :rip: 'big hits' are not necessary to sell albums, so im not sure where you've drawn that narrative (sure it helps, but its not mutually exclusive..) Beyonce had what 14 videos to promote her album, so why shouldn't it have been successful? (not dragging Bey here because im  a fan, but your point makes no sense)

All I said was Rihanna despite being deemed a 'singles' artist was able to sell SIMILAR amounts to Gaga and Bey who aren't deemed single artists, sure you can grasp at straws continually throw excuses, but the point still stands so perhaps you should stop lying :rip: 

Do you even understand the concept of a « single »…? Singles are meant to sell an album so of course a big hit is expected to make the album sell :rip: Not sure what « having 14 videos » has to do with this and how it is comparable to a song being promoted on radio and performed on TV :skull: 

She moved « similar units » as you said (I won’t check)… with a bigger amount of albums and while having bigger hits to support her projects.

On 9/18/2022 at 11:56 PM, ninasayers said:

I don't agree tbh, i feel like the hype has died down quite a bit. 

She's constantly among the top 10 most streamed girls on Spotify despite being inactive :michael:

I feel like as long as her catalogue is being heavily streamed, it'll always indicate that people will be checking for any new material.

Do you even understand the concept of a « single »…? Singles are meant to sell an album so of course a big hit is expected to make the album sell :rip: Not sure what « having 14 videos » has to do with this and how it is comparable to a song being promoted on radio and performed on TV :skull: 

She moved « similar units » as you said (I won’t check)… with a bigger amount of albums and while having bigger hits to support her projects.

Reading is comprehension...

Again, I never said singles aren't meant to sell albums (i literally said it helps, its not just mutually exclusive) if you don't think Beyonce making a video for all 14 songs wasn't intended to help sell her ALBUM, then perhaps you're more dense than i thought :rip: performing your singles and radio are not the only forms of promotion. 

Also there are literally so many albums that were successful that did not have ''big hits'', especially in genres outside of pop, I think you need to educate yourself. 

5 minutes ago, Homebrand said:

Reading is comprehension...

Again, I never said singles aren't meant to sell albums (i literally said it helps, its not just mutually exclusive) if you don't think Beyonce making a video for all 14 songs wasn't intended to help sell her ALBUM, then perhaps you're more dense than i thought :rip: performing your singles and radio are not the only forms of promotion. 

Also there are literally so many albums that were successful that did not have ''big hits'', especially in genres outside of pop, I think you need to educate yourself. 

If someone needs to educate themself, it’s clearly you and at the end of the day, it’s quite sad being so uneducated about sales and charts when you are on a forum like ATRL :rip: 

Releasing visuals sure is a form of promotion but it’s not a long-term promotion like radios or TV. Even TV channels airing music videos wouldn’t play videos for non-single. Some artists like Adele with 21 or Gaga with TFM were able to sell both albums and singles, some others could only sell albums (Susan Boyle’s first album is a good example) and some could only sell singles (Flo Rida, Pitbull). Rihanna wasn’t only selling singles but yet, her album sales weren’t impressive either. Beyoncé and Gaga (at a time) didn’t need huge hits to sell their albums. It wasn’t Rihanna’s case and Rated R was a good example of that with Russian Roulette.

Here we go again :laugh: This myth that Rihanna's album sale are an anomaly is completely false.

What you're completely ignoring, is that Rihanna's strenght was CONSISTENCY. She wasn't selling 15 million copies per album, but every album was still selling well. 

Let's take Gaga vs Rihanna as an example :

Gaga

The Fame/The Fame Monster :  15 million pure (two albums)

Born This Way : 6 million pure

Artpop: 2.1 million pure

Joanne: 1.3 million pure

Big sales during the first stages of her career, and then she fell off

Rihanna

GGGB: 9 million pure

Rated R: 3.3 million pure

Loud: 6.6 million pure

Talk That Talk: 3.8 million pure

Unapologetic: 3.7 million pure

Album sales globally spread out throughout her career. And yet you'd consider Gaga more of an album seller? Make it make sense. :lmao:

Plus, your logic that a big hit is expected to make the album sell is also another lie. Why aren't all these faceless singers on the radio bagging hits with DJs and other known producers making a brand for themselves? :gaycat6:

Argue with the voices in your head

5 minutes ago, Squall said:

If someone needs to educate themself, it’s clearly you and at the end of the day, it’s quite sad being so uneducated about sales and charts when you are on a forum like ATRL :rip: 

Releasing visuals sure is a form of promotion but it’s not a long-term promotion like radios or TV. Even TV channels airing music videos wouldn’t play videos for non-single. Some artists like Adele with 21 or Gaga with TFM were able to sell both albums and singles, some others could only sell albums (Susan Boyle’s first album is a good example) and some could only sell singles (Flo Rida, Pitbull). Rihanna wasn’t only selling singles but yet, her album sales weren’t impressive either. Beyoncé and Gaga (at a time) didn’t need huge hits to sell their albums. It wasn’t Rihanna’s case and Rated R was a good example of that with Russian Roulette.

And yet my point still stands yet you don't wanna address, since you know everything about charts and sales on atrl give me the breakdown how many album units all 3 ladies have sold? and Rihanna was able to do it whilst selling much more singles too :cm: 

46 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

Here we go again :laugh: This myth that Rihanna's album sale are an anomaly is completely false.

What you're completely ignoring, is that Rihanna's strenght was CONSISTENCY. She wasn't selling 15 million copies per album, but every album was still selling well. 

Let's take Gaga vs Rihanna as an example :

Gaga

The Fame/The Fame Monster :  15 million pure (two albums)

Born This Way : 6 million pure

Artpop: 2.1 million pure

Joanne: 1.3 million pure

Big sales during the first stages of her career, and then she fell off

Rihanna

GGGB: 9 million pure

Rated R: 3.3 million pure

Loud: 6.6 million pure

Talk That Talk: 3.8 million pure

Unapologetic: 3.7 million pure

Album sales globally spread out throughout her career. And yet you'd consider Gaga more of an album seller? Make it make sense. :lmao:

Plus, your logic that a big hit is expected to make the album sell is also another lie. Why aren't all these faceless singers on the radio bagging hits with DJs and other known producers making a brand for themselves? :gaycat6:

Argue with the voices in your head

What does being an album seller have to do with... falling off? :dies: Never said Gaga maintained her level and I even specified "at a time" in one of my post :dies: Her falling off or not doesn't change the fact Rihanna was more of a single seller than an album seller :rip: 

As for the bold part: I guess that's why artists, especially new artists, sometimes struggle to release an album because their label wants them to release a big hit before letting them release an album :rip: :rip: :rip:  

i’m not sure. her singles will definitely get a lot of hype and are near guaranteed a #1 if they’re listenable. i’m not sure how the album would do.

I think it will be massive. her celebrity status has maintained huge throughout period 2017-2022, we can only hope this stays this way until she releases.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.