Rihanna’s new album is going to be biggest comeback of the century after 25. Agree?

Bey Admired

Rihanna was never a frontloaded album artist, yes she had major hype but most of it died down and lots of people just don't care anymore.. so it's up to her and the lead single she decides on.. but in no way will she come close to Taylor's numbers, don't get why y'all always have to drag Taylor into this lmao

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey Admired

• zzmyth

• Squall

• Badgalbriel

This thread can be considered an IQ test... :ace: 

She will obviously going to have a typical Rihanna opening week for today's standards. The hype for her is dead and even if it was huge we all know Rihanna is a slow burner. If the album contains 10-12 songs (which it probably will), I can't see her doing some really huge numbers on streaming as well.

You can all keep making your consciously made up non realistic predictions so we can have an interesting release week with threads like "but *they told me she was going to annihilate Adele and Taylor".

Edited by Paola Bracho

She won't have the monsters sales of Adele or Taylor. We all know. In sales of album they are untouchables 

Even we also know that she always serves a successful Era. And this time where she was on hiatus, becoming a mogul, billionaire, and a monster on streaming. Probably she could achieve her best first week. 

If she keeps the wait, then she will decrease the momentum. 

For me it's what I said before. I will enjoy of the material for sure cause I miss her and listen to her is always amazing. Don't care about sales cause a release could be a miracle coming from miss fenty

Rih has never worked like that

She is a slow burner 

She will sell more than ever in her career but she will need the good singles to back it up

Absolutely. I still love work. 

Rihanna was hated during her reign, people began to love her AFTER ANTi, an entire generation that grew up hearing her as the main force on radio have yet to participate in a Rihanna album release. Her next album might not even be sold, she's a billionaire, a 200 million dollar deal for her album is probable.

It will change the way the uber rich artists release music.

Her drive for the art isn't there  anymore. The freshmen artist peak happens to all artists because it is then when  they are fighting hardest  to be seen and heard hence their "peak artistry" eras. Once they make  big money their craft deteriorates bc the drive isn't  there like before.  

12 minutes ago, IsidoraMarí said:

Rihanna was hated during her reign, people began to love her AFTER ANTi, an entire generation that grew up hearing her as the main force on radio have yet to participate in a Rihanna album release. Her next album might not even be sold, she's a billionaire, a 200 million dollar deal for her album is probable.

It will change the way the uber rich artists release music.

This is more of an opinion. She was always America's sweetheart outside  atrl stan wars. If by being liked more during ANTI, you mean the urban rnb community started paying more attn to her, then yes.  She was always more of a broad appeal pop star who dabbled in rnb and hip hop elements before anti. She was very mainstream.  

1 hour ago, manwhore said:

This is more of an opinion. She was always America's sweetheart outside  atrl stan wars. If by being liked more during ANTI, you mean the urban rnb community started paying more attn to her, then yes.  She was always more of a broad appeal pop star who dabbled in rnb and hip hop elements before anti. She was very mainstream.  

She never had a genuine fanbase a la the Hive or Monsters or even Christina A levels in her prime. As a black female and as she is a black female, the black female community hated her for a whole decade after the fall of Chris, she was to blame in the eyes of the black femme masses. Rated R barely sold anything compared to the GGGB era and she has yet to deliver the same height of popularity. Her music was successful because they were undeniable earworms in an era where most sold their celebrity and personas more than their sound. Now her celebrity and belovedness is at a level comparable to MJ-Madonna-Marilyn Monroe along with her talent to release radio hits is setting her next album up to be a potential new peak.

2 hours ago, AintNoOtherMe said:

She’s flop. Nobody is waiting for her new music and she was never a big album seller. 

The lies.. Rih has moved similar album units to supposed album sellers like Gaga and Beyonce.. she's just never been front loaded like they are :cm: 

She’s flop. Nobody is waiting for her new music and she was never a big album seller. 

The lies.. Rih has moved similar album units to supposed album sellers like Gaga and Beyonce.. she's just never been front loaded like they are :cm: 

The fact that I can name several albums artists that sell the same amount of albums but they don't even have 10% of her singles success! :toofunny2:

She will be lucky to cross the 200k mark first week

she is pulling a Fergie with her 10+ years hiatus 

18 minutes ago, BadMonster96 said:

She will be lucky to cross the 200k mark first week

she is pulling a Fergie with her 10+ years hiatus 

fergie was never big as riri

no, it'll flop and she's gonna sell 46 copies first week, the twitter/social media hype is always fake 

Tbh at this point I don't give a **** if she calls it quit and never release music again. She's not missed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.