Rihanna’s new album is going to be biggest comeback of the century after 25. Agree?

Bey Admired

21 minutes ago, zzmyth said:

I mean... you do realize that Anti is still charting in the BB200 after almost 7 years right? 4.4M units moved in the US (+1.4M from Samsung deal) (and over 10M WW)

Let's not be delusional here.... Taylor and Adele may do bigger numbers... but let's not act like she sold 100K from each album.

She wasn’t known as an album artist before streaming happened though. GGGB and Loud did big numbers but that’s all.

Streaming turned everyone into album artist and that’s sad.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey Admired

• zzmyth

• Squall

• Badgalbriel

I think it will be massive. It'll be her first post tidal streaming debut and hopefully won't have the aweful rollout of Anti + built up hype + the goodwill anti conjured in being a mature evolved album versus her prior single collections

6 minutes ago, Squall said:

She wasn’t known as an album artist before streaming happened though. GGGB and Loud did big numbers but that’s all.

But she was. She just depended on longevity versus big debuts. Anti + a maturing audience should have changed that. Regardless of streaming R9 will likely be her biggest debut because of her status now.

Remember when the Rhi/Bey stans used to fight?? I'm pretty sure most Bey stans are now lowkey Navy since both artists + audiences evolved 

Also I think she can get away with a Surprise release. Ideally not a surprise but 1 weeks notice with no single. Just an announcement and pre-order. I don't see her being a big physical seller still but digital could do well.

1 hour ago, Brishka said:

Rih is a nostalgia act from the 00s. Do you really think that teenagers are waiting for her comeback with bated breath when she has been replaced by girls like Dua and Ariana?:deadbanana2: Only old gays on ATRL think that the GP cares about Rihanna's comeback.   

:deadbanana2:

You’re genuinely one of my favourite users here - the levels of delusion you spew are almost psychiatric-hospital worthy.

:heart2:

11 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

OP :deadbanana2:

again... NOT ME

22 minutes ago, Squall said:

ermmm.....

You do realize the difference between selling WorldWide and selling in the US right¿?

How can you say that someone that has sold almost 40.000.000 actual albums (not units, or equivalents) has not good album sales¿?

The delusion is unreal in here

I think so, yeah. 

Imo, Rihanna is currently the most universally loved celebrity figure in the world. She has won the GP, the critics, the media, the industry itself. 

And yes, I do believe her comeback in music will be a MASSIVE event. I'm really curious to see where she's heading, musically, though. 

2 hours ago, Brishka said:

Rih is a nostalgia act from the 00s. Do you really think that teenagers are waiting for her comeback with bated breath when she has been replaced by girls like Dua and Ariana?:deadbanana2: Only old gays on ATRL think that the GP cares about Rihanna's comeback.   

The absolute delusion :deadbanana2: there are literally children that Stan Rihanna today, where did you get your information?

Rihanna has peaked and she was never a big album seller. Her whole career is smoke and mirrors and fake stats.

She was smart to gracefully bow out. 

why is that Hive member trying to setup Rih like that? 

spacer.png

Edited by hausofdave

14 minutes ago, CrimsonX said:

Rihanna has peaked and she was never a big album seller. Her whole career is smoke and mirrors and fake stats.

:cm:

25 minutes ago, CrimsonX said:

“Fake stats”?

The biggest selling artist to debut post-2000 in pure record sales, and one of the top two biggest selling acts in general this century in album equivalents alongside Taylor Swift? 

Okay Beyonce stan. 

Take a seat.

:rip:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Just now, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Okay Beyonce stan. 

Take a seat Dear. 

I’m actually really offended. Even though I really enjoy Renaissance (her only good album) I am definitely navy. lol

I’m only talking crap because she abandoned us and I really feel like we’re never getting R9. :weeps:

2 hours ago, Rihbeyga said:

Ha 

- GGGB? 
- Anti? 
and Loud? That was an impressive 1 year album run that was cut short by another album

Even the flop era 4 is bigger than anti

and gggb has barely sold 10M

exactly a OFTB sized era

The set up :ahh:

She'll do great obviously but not as great as her fans are expecting tbh.

If she abandon the Pop crowd once again then her album will be as local as ANTI 

15 hours ago, ImsoLOUD said:

It will certainly eclipse Renaissance, I have no doubt.

That's not a big achievement.

17 minutes ago, Alexz said:

That's not a big achievement.

ANTI outsold Lemonade, I know it isn't.

it will do huge numbers. but i don't think she's coming anytime sooner than 2024 so this is a so far away question to think about right now. 

and i also think she won't do an era, she'll just release it. 

that can change a lot of things too 

Edited by Selegend

Nothing is guaranteed anymore.

She could flop completely 

I expect 200M+ streams and 200k total sales, probably zero physicals 

39 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

The set up :ahh:

She'll do great obviously but not as great as her fans are expecting tbh.

If she abandon the Pop crowd once again then her album will be as local as ANTI 

You do realize that Anti is officially certified in 13 countries right? And it's MASSIVELY undercertified. It's definitely eligible in Switzerland, Norway,  New Zealand, Brazil, Portugal, Ireland, China....

When you guys talk about being 'local' you should at least check your facts beforehand...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.