Rihanna’s new album is going to be biggest comeback of the century after 25. Agree?

Bey Admired

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey Admired

• zzmyth

• Squall

• Badgalbriel

3 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

This is funny but I’m genuinely not trying to set her up. Like Adele and Beyoncé, Rihanna has nothing left to prove. She can flop into oblivion and it really won’t mean a thing in the grand scheme of things. No one can take away what Rihanna has done and achieved thus far. Anything else at this point is a bonus and the cherry on top. 

So genuinely, this is just a fun prediction thread. Maybe I’ll end up being right, but maybe I’ll be wrong. Either way, it’s not that serious. 

I mean I'm a Rih stan but I can readily admit that Rih has never been a big first week seller like Taylor, Adele, Bey, Gaga and Britney. She's just never had huge first week numbers like the other girls and has sold more in the long-run than she does those first weeks. She may do well, nothing is guaranteed and I agree with those that point out that Twitter hype doesn't necessarily translate to sales. We know next to nothing about the album and so we really can't say what angle she'll go with to even make predictions. But comparisons to Taylor and Adele make no sense and it's low-key delusional to think Rih will be doing their first week numbers if she ever does drop.

9 hours ago, est. in 90s said:

Taylor/Drake numbers are not the norm even for successful artists.

what

what are they then :rip:

bringing Taylor doesnt make sense because unlike Adele and Rihanna, she never had a comeback album after a long hiatus, well technically there's reputation but that isnt a 4 to 5 year wait.

It's going to be her most successful debut by a lot; if not, it will still be successful methinks. There's really hype around her music, and I feel like a lot of people are aware and conscious that she has not released in a long while (people did not just forget about her).

Edited by Ethereaaal

4 hours ago, sasashite said:

You can multiply Rihanna's biggest opening week by 4 and she still wouldn't cross the 1 million mark. :deadbanana4:

:redface:

On serious note, I don't expect Rih to break streaming records, she's kind of artist that slays in longevity not bombastic huge first week :gaycat:

OP needs therapy real bad, wish a speedy recovery :heart:

55 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

First single will be huge if its good and album will be huge as well but will probably be extremely front loaded 

Rihanna has never been frontloaded.

All of her albums have at least done 16x their first week's numbers in the end.

MOTS (9x pure) (16x with streams)

AGLM (12x pure) (21x with streams)

GGGB (19x pure) (42x with streams)

RR (7x pure) (16x with streams)

Loud (10x pure) (20x with streams)

TTT (7x pure) (18x with streams)

Una (6x pure) (16x with streams)

Anti (47x pure) (280x with streams)

4 hours ago, sasashite said:

You can multiply Rihanna's biggest opening week by 4 and she still wouldn't cross the 1 million mark. :deadbanana4:

Yet all of her albums but her first one (1.7M) have moved over 2.500.000 units....

She has moved 11-12M units WW on average....

Rih is a nostalgia act from the 00s. Do you really think that teenagers are waiting for her comeback with bated breath when she has been replaced by girls like Dua and Ariana?:deadbanana2: Only old gays on ATRL think that the GP cares about Rihanna's comeback.   

3 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

isnt she pushing 40? I doubt it.

She is 34.... I mean WTF?

4 minutes ago, zzmyth said:

She is 34.... I mean WTF?

oops. Shes been around since I was in kindergarten I thought she was older. :cm: 

1 hour ago, Rev8 said:

what

what are they then :rip:

If Taylor/Drake numbers were the norm for successful artists, then every successful artist would be pulling those numbers, but they're not.

23 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Rih is a nostalgia act from the 00s. Do you really think that teenagers are waiting for her comeback with bated breath when she has been replaced by girls like Dua and Ariana?:deadbanana2: Only old gays on ATRL think that the GP cares about Rihanna's comeback.   

The way you managed to pack like 6 lies into 2 sentences :deadbanana4: imagine being this dumb 

1 hour ago, americanshameless said:

Lmaooo wtf :deadbanana4: Rih please come back and end these liddo swifties for good 

Maybe go back to that Nicki Minaj hole you've been hiding into? 

2 hours ago, americanshameless said:

Lmaooo wtf :deadbanana4: Rih please come back and end these liddo swifties for good 

She wasn’t even selling many albums when she was hot, not sure how she is going to « end » anyone just because of a 6+ years hiatus :rip: 

TBH it all depends on how she plays the comeback.

If the music is good... if she promotes... if she takes the time between singles...

I mean if she does a 'rennaissance' or a '30' where she comes back with nice music but pays dust to videos and promo... then... she wont do much, she will do just in the name of her being Rihanna.

But if she does her usual rollout, first, second single before the album, let her music into TikTok... interviews and magazines, performances... Push like 4-5 singles in the album... then... she could really do amazing numbers I reckon

1 minute ago, Squall said:

She wasn’t even selling many albums when she was hot, not sure how she is going to « end » anyone just because of a 6+ years hiatus :rip: 

I mean... you do realize that Anti is still charting in the BB200 after almost 7 years right? 4.4M units moved in the US (+1.4M from Samsung deal) (and over 10M WW)

Let's not be delusional here.... Taylor and Adele may do bigger numbers... but let's not act like she sold 100K from each album.

Just now, zzmyth said:

I mean... you do realize that Anti is still charting in the BB200 after almost 7 years right? 4.4M units moved in the US (+1.4M from Samsung deal) (and over 10M WW)

Let's not be delusional here.... Taylor and Adele may do bigger numbers... but let's not act like she sold 100K from each album.

So you agree that Taylor's numbers are not going to pale in comparison to her comeback right

beyonce stans hiding behind rihanna to bash taylor.... tragic

i agree that it will do much better than renaessence tho

Edited by Sharapov

5 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

So you agree that Taylor's numbers are not going to pale in comparison to her comeback right

who said that?¿?

not me.

jdasflkaslk 8 pages of OTHs being petty jealous of Taylor :ahh: 

5 hours ago, lcylcy said:

Rihanna has never had a gigantic era to begin with

even if she repeak, it would still only look like a one of the boys sized era

Ha 

- GGGB? 
- Anti? 
and Loud? That was an impressive 1 year album run that was cut short by another album

14 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

beyonce stans hiding behind rihanna to bash taylor.... tragic

i agree that it will do much better than renaessence tho

they hide behind taylor as well to bash adele lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.