Rihanna’s new album is going to be biggest comeback of the century after 25. Agree?

Bey Admired

1 minute ago, Scott Borchetta said:

Not twitter hype... lmao.

I guess Normani's album is also coming for 600k.

There’s a difference because Rihanna is an established artist with many years under her belt, with a proven ability to sell and market herself effectively. 

Let’s not. 

spacer.png

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey Admired

• zzmyth

• Squall

• Badgalbriel

I feel like so much hype and time has passed shes at a very critical point where she needs to deliver and smash to the heavens or else the hype will quickly go down the drain a la Adele's 30.

Just now, MingYouToo said:

I feel like so much hype and time has passed shes at a very critical point where she needs to deliver and smash to the heavens or else the hype will quickly go down the drain a la Adele's 30.

By smash to the high heavens, do you mean a lead single that will be #1 for like, let’s say, 10 weeks? I think she can do that. 

No, it won't. I have no more hype for the 'album' in question. The Navy has been in drought so long that all that is left is a desert. Hopefully Riri drowns the desert in water with a release date, because the girls are withered.

200.gif

Rihanna is the cloud and the navy is the lizard. Sun dried to crisp and dead for dehydration.

Just now, Bey Admired said:

By smash to the high heavens, do you mean a lead single that will be #1 for like, let’s say, 10 weeks? I think she can do that. 

That's the point. She doesn't have that song. That's probably why it takes forever to release the album.

15 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

I can’t imagine she will debut with less than 600k. She’s going to smash streaming records. 

Now you’re trolling.

I don’t think anyone disagrees she’s going to smash but you’re setting expectations way too high, which would only make her comeback not as impressive if it doesn’t reach said goals.

And hype, let alone TWITTER hype? May I remind you of Lorde’s Solar Power?

Idk I love Rih to death and R9 is my most anticipated album ever but I feel like she waited too long. I hope I’m wrong though

55 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

I can’t imagine she will debut with less than 600k. She’s going to smash streaming records. 

Even smashing streaming records will only get her to 300-350k at the very most if she exceeds every single expectations (the female record is below 250k if I'm not mistaken). She has never done more than 238k pure sales, even in a MUCH better sales climate. Either you are delusional or you are clearly setting her up.

Rihanna has always been about longevity. When (/if) she releases R9, it will obviously be her biggest first week ever, but she's not getting 600k. I'd imagine a 400k debut and an ANTI-type chart run with excellent longevity. 

I recall OP saying 30 was gonna sell more in its first week than Lover, Folklore, and Evermore combined. I wouldn't take them too seriously.

Her streaming numbers will be monumental for sure. Will probably break records. Not Taylor or Adele level pure sales tho that's not her strength

39 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

I recall OP saying 30 was gonna sell more in its first week than Lover, Folklore, and Evermore combined. I wouldn't take them too seriously.

You just made that up. 

spacer.png

Just now, Bey Admired said:

You just made that up. 

spacer.png

Actually I did not. I still remember how even the other Adele stans thought you were setting her up and accused you of being a troll. 

1 minute ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Actually I did not. I still remember how even the other Adele stans thought you were setting her up and accused you of being a troll. 

I was actually the one telling people to temper their expectations with regards to 30. I actually predicted her streaming numbers very accurately and vividly recall arguing with anti-***** in the album thread about how he was highly overestimating her numbers in what is a very different time in the music industry. 

spacer.png

I was also quite accurate with my Renaissance predictions.

I don’t see why this should be any different. I am very good at gauging hype and predicting debut numbers. 

Don’t hate me because of that, please. That’s all I ask. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

I was actually the one telling people to temper their expectations with regards to 30. I actually predicted her streaming numbers very accurately and vividly recall arguing with anti-***** in the album thread about how he was highly overestimating her numbers in what is a very different time in the music industry. 

spacer.png

I was also quite accurate with my Renaissance predictions.

I don’t see why this should be any different. I am very good at gauging hype and predicting debut numbers. 

Don’t hate me because of that, please. That’s all I ask. 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

Def sounds like the OP

spacer.png

:gaycat3:

IF we ever get it ofcourse! 

All talk, no receipts. 

I really shook some of the gurls up with my predictions. 

Do I think Rihanna is going to outsell Adele or do her pure numbers globally? Not a chance. But I do think she has a very good chance of smashing Taylor’s streaming numbers, even in the US. 

Now, you can disagree with me on that all you want, but my opinions and predictions ain’t changing. 

spacer.png

First single will be huge if its good and album will be huge as well but will probably be extremely front loaded 

I was going to say you're setting my fave up, but you can't set up what won't be released so

f31e0df88e495129e66612409a916c9b8d519ce4

6 minutes ago, lonnie said:

I was going to say you're setting my fave up, but you can't set up what won't be released so

f31e0df88e495129e66612409a916c9b8d519ce4

This is funny but I’m genuinely not trying to set her up. Like Adele and Beyoncé, Rihanna has nothing left to prove. She can flop into oblivion and it really won’t mean a thing in the grand scheme of things. No one can take away what Rihanna has done and achieved thus far. Anything else at this point is a bonus and the cherry on top. 

So genuinely, this is just a fun prediction thread. Maybe I’ll end up being right, but maybe I’ll be wrong. Either way, it’s not that serious. 

9 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

No, Taylor's numbers will not pale compared to anyone. 

Because Taylor's numbers will not pale in comparison to anyone. Rihanna can double her numbers, Taylor's will still not pale just because someone is bigger than her. 

No they will not. Adele has been bigger than Taylor for the entire past decade. Taylor's numbers never paled in comparison to her. You cannot "pale" when you are one of the 2 biggest females in music. 

Lmaooo wtf :deadbanana4: Rih please come back and end these liddo swifties for good 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.