Rihanna’s new album is going to be biggest comeback of the century after 25. Agree?

Bey Admired

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

The OP is actually an Adele stan

Sis why are you acting like you don’t know I stan Bey? :bibliahh:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey Admired

• zzmyth

• Squall

• Badgalbriel

25 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

It’s a little off topic but Blackpink are poised to do 3M global sales this week with their new album. It’s sales mixed with streaming but they’re selling a lot in pure sales too. Not quite as “”impressive”” as 25 selling 3M+ pure in one week, but still pretty damn close, and pushing 3M Album units in one week any sort of way is a feat in and of itself.

but back on topic, Rih is not doing 1M

Sorry I should have clarified that I was talking about the US, but yeah Blackpink’s sales are very impressive

Lmao this is a set up.

She will probably open with like 250k sps, she won’t even pass Renaissance first week.

But she will destroy everyone in the long run. I can see her passing eras like 30 and Folklore in the long run.

The hype for her reminds me of JT's long break. And he did well among his initial comeback in 2013.

But until she gives birth I doubt we get a new album until at least 2023.  

7 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

The hype for her reminds me of JT's long break. And he did well among his initial comeback in 2013.

That baby is born :deadbanana2:sjfjsjfjd

2 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

Just to reinforce what @ImsoLOUD said, it will certainly eclipse Renaissance 

you're so pathetic :toofunny3:

OT: maybe if it was a couple years ago, but i feel like the hype has died down now, especially since she gave birth she's been more out of the limelight 

I don’t think so her hype has down died a lot for R9. She had a lot of hype for new music in 2017-2020. But since last year it’s gone down a bit. At this point I just be happy if she gets an album out with or without commercial success. 

1 hour ago, Devin said:

I’m stuck on 25 considered a comeback album? :deadbanana2:

whatever Rihanna does will make noise 

This.

25 was simply Adele’s third album; a casual release.

Since when was that era ever classified as a “comeback”?

:deadbanana4:

26 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

? Her baby is 4 months old :hoetenks:

no because she’s been going the urban vibe recently. unless she does old school r&b samples (which is the trend, sampling older material) or pop record then she will. 

11 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

This.

I thought a comeback album is when an artist comes off a commercial slump or drought. 19 and 21 were a success so 25 is just a third album lol.

2 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

Oh no honey. This has nothing to do with Beyonce. It's just a clapback at OP's dumb statement that Rihanna will eclipse Taylor's numbers. If anything, Beyonce's numbers will be the only ones that will pale. 

If he wants to shade other artists he needs to know that his fave can be shaded too. 

OP is an Adele stan, and a transphobe to boot, if that tells you anything about how much you should value their opinion :cm:

2 hours ago, RihFenty20 said:

A steaming event maybe. I expect Bad Bunny level domination, if not better. But good luck getting that album out first. She’s had so many false starts that I don’t expect anything to come from this

why are swifties already in this thread already making it about their talentless fav. Like go away :rip: 

Taylor is literally mentioned in the OP :rip:

2 hours ago, RihFenty20 said:

Responding everytime your fav is mentioned is dumb and stinks of insecurity. Move around. :giraffe:

Then why are you here? :giraffe:

Just now, Devin said:

I thought a comeback album is when an artist comes off a commercial slump or drought. 19 and 21 were a success so 25 is just a third album lol.

they meant comeback in terms of coming back from a hugely successful era and having to live up the huge hype/ anticiaption after staying out of the limelight between eras. kinda like reputation being taylor's "comeback" after 1989 where she was everywhere then spent a good year being away from the limelight and having to live up to huge expectations.

though i do agree that a better word is needed

She's already a chart monster we all know. Her singles are classic and have a marvelous success. And despite the haters always said that she didn't sell album, you all have access to her numbers and numbers don't lie. Not like Adele o Taylor but pretty good. The monsters hits despite you from her sales. 

Now it's time to enjoy. Are you really care about sales? It's Rihanna comeback, almost seven years that we don't have music. She usually made an album for year, always making remembered bops. This time we have to enjoy because she has a lot of priorities. 

10 minutes ago, Headlock said:

OP is an Adele stan, and a transphobe to boot, if that tells you anything about how much you should value their opinion :cm:

:cm:

25 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

This.

Dumb OP. 

OT: It will be a huge event for sure. It's Riri we are talking about. 

I do think she could break 100m+ if she just surprised dropped the album. The problem with announcing then releasing later or releasing a single ahead of time, is that hype is going to inevitably wear down (95% of the times) bc there will always be people who feel disappointed. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.