Rihanna’s new album is going to be biggest comeback of the century after 25. Agree?

Bey Admired

6 minutes ago, Queenyoncee said:

Go back to the Gaga base and listen to her music that has been flopping for years and stop being obsessed with Beyoncé who is a living legend and still relevant 

OT: probably not, but she will still smash 

This has nothing to do with Beyonce. This is about OP trying to shade Taylor using Rihanna

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey Admired

• zzmyth

• Squall

• Badgalbriel

I think she will do well but not enough to surpass Taylor or Adele. She will easily outdo 30 longevity-wise tho.

K bye for now, Sunshine. <3

People thinking she’ll debut with 1M :deadbanana4:

People thinking she’ll even come close to Taylor in any metric except singles success :deadbanana4:

She’ll do well, but don’t set her up girls

A steaming event maybe. I expect Bad Bunny level domination, if not better. But good luck getting that album out first. She’s had so many false starts that I don’t expect anything to come from this

why are swifties already in this thread already making it about their talentless fav. Like go away :rip: 

Just now, RihFenty20 said:

A steaming event maybe. I expect Bad Bunny level domination, if not better. But good luck getting that album out first. She’s had so many false starts that I don’t expect anything to come from this

why are swifties already in this thread already making it about their talentless fav. Like go away :rip: 

Maybe because Taylor was mentioned in the op? :juanny:

28 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

I understand people feeling like OP is a set up but realistically when Rihanna drops it’s going to be a massive pop culture event just based on her name alone. There’s no way she can lose unless the material is just absolute trash which has never been the case with Rih

A lot of the young adults-teens-kids today don’t know Rihanna the musician.  Rihanna also never had a dedicated fanbase. It doesn’t matter what she releases, people will say “it wasn’t worth the 7 year wait!.” Unfortunately, I do think she waited too long. Still the Queen of Pop rihgardless :weeps: 

1 minute ago, Rei said:

Maybe because Taylor was mentioned in the op? :juanny:

Responding everytime your fav is mentioned is dumb and stinks of insecurity. Move around. :giraffe:

1 hour ago, Paranoid Android said:

I thought 30 was going to be the biggest comeback of the century after 25

meh… any pop music fan could’ve predicted 30’s outcome back in 2019

59 minutes ago, est. in 90s said:

Also, Adele's numbers for 25 were rare and I don't think we will see that type of success replicated from an artist in a while, especially in this climate where sales are practically down for everyone across the board. 

I agree but honestly, I don't think we'll ever see 25 numbers ever again. I can't see there ever being an artist again with the same level of hype and broad appeal that Adele had post-21, and even if that type of artist does come along one day, the sales climate has changed so much that 25 numbers would be very difficult to match.

I think 1M first week is still possible for a really huge artist with a huge event release, but not 3.38M like 25, I think the days of that being possible are over.

Her releases are all more or less consistent commercially on first weeks.

A reminder in case a set up is happening here.

14 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

I expect Bad Bunny level domination, if not better.

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

If Adele and Kendrick’s comebacks proved something is that the album won’t smash just cause it’s been a long a time since the previous one, 30 and MM&TBS might’ve been acclaimed but they definitely didn’t connect with the GP that much and ended up underperforming 

if R9 is well received then yeah, it’ll be a ******* smash, probably +300k SEA, and with pure sales and TEA she would cross 400k, but like I said, it needs to be the right material 

Hate to say this …. But an album??

i simply lost hope she simply prefer to sell lipsticks & underwear &’of course Baby Fenty must be her priority 

maybe a Rocky collab I see that one happening is he preparing an album ?? 

15 minutes ago, Miichael said:

I agree but honestly, I don't think we'll ever see 25 numbers ever again. I can't see there ever being an artist again with the same level of hype and broad appeal that Adele had post-21, and even if that type of artist does come along one day, the sales climate has changed so much that 25 numbers would be very difficult to match.

I think 1M first week is still possible for a really huge artist with a huge event release, but not 3.38M like 25, I think the days of that being possible are over.

It’s a little off topic but Blackpink are poised to do 3M global sales this week with their new album. It’s sales mixed with streaming but they’re selling a lot in pure sales too. Not quite as “”impressive”” as 25 selling 3M+ pure in one week, but still pretty damn close, and pushing 3M Album units in one week any sort of way is a feat in and of itself.

but back on topic, Rih is not doing 1M

She will definitely come back swinging and smashing. The world is ready for queens return! :weeps:

are there any indications she’s actually returning soon though? Didn’t she just give birth? :huh:

Good luck booking that biggest comeback u speak of. 

Twitter Hype isn’t the same with GP hype.

But, whatever :cm:

it will do numbers but it won't touch adele or taylor even

i'd love to be wrong but rih's never been an album artist, i don't see that changing. the lead should be a massive hit though

1 hour ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

If she does months of Pre-orders and does the “four versions of the same vinyl” thing, I think she could cross 1M first week coupled with streams. Because her streams will be massive. Sales are up in the air, but there’s hella hype for her and I think people who otherwise don’t purchase albums anymore would for her. 

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not 

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

27 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

stinks of insecurity. Move around. 

You would know 

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

OT : I am sure she will do well but do some of you realize that her biggest debut is 238k?

Streaming can help her but expecting 500k or 1M is a big set up, not like we will know the truth in the next few years though 

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

The obvious set up...anyway, good luck with booking that album you speak of.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.