Rihanna’s new album is going to be biggest comeback of the century after 25. Agree?

Bey Admired

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey Admired

• zzmyth

• Squall

• Badgalbriel

She’ll do well but truthfully the hype has died down for her to have the monstrously big numbers you and other users are mentioning. It’ll be one of those eras where if the music is good it’ll be big at first and then be extended by casual gp interest. 

It will be big, but I don't think it will out debut the likes of Adele, Drake, Taylor, etc. Sales have gone down tremendously since 2016. Even the biggest artists aren't cracking past 600k first week. Taylor/Drake numbers are not the norm even for successful artists.

Also, Adele's numbers for 25 were rare and I don't think we will see that type of success replicated from an artist in a while, especially in this climate where sales are practically down for everyone across the board. 

11 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Just to reinforce what @ImsoLOUD said, it will certainly eclipse Renaissance 

????you Stan for Taylor swift and I suppose Rihanna’s your second fave. So yeah an actual vocalist wouldn’t be your cup of tea. 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

????you Stan for Taylor swift and I suppose Rihanna’s your second fave. So yeah an actual vocalist wouldn’t be your cup of tea. 

Oh no honey. This has nothing to do with Beyonce. It's just a clapback at OP's dumb statement that Rihanna will eclipse Taylor's numbers. If anything, Beyonce's numbers will be the only ones that will pale. 

If he wants to shade other artists he needs to know that his fave can be shaded too. 

Edited by Badgalbriel

Anything less than 25'a first week numbers would be bad! :heart:

Albums success will depend on the reception on first lead single's success

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

:fan: oop 

32 minutes ago, Sex with Rih said:

She'll do well but you don't need to bring in Taylor into all of this.

+1 

I think Rih has a lot of hype, but her and Taylor don’t have anything in common besides the release of music. They can both succeed 

34 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

not the hive trying to set her up

The OP is actually an Adele stan

I agree. Streaming and singles were always her strengths and she usually releases a lot of singles, so she will definitely be one of the top girls again by the end of her next era. 

I understand people feeling like OP is a set up but realistically when Rihanna drops it’s going to be a massive pop culture event just based on her name alone. There’s no way she can lose unless the material is just absolute trash which has never been the case with Rih

I’m not sure.  She might have waited too long.  She was also never a frontloaded artist so I would not set her up like this.  

either way, I doubt we are getting an album. 

actually , as long as she’s waited …. if it’s anything less than a mind blowing , moment capturing album it could very well flop. people have been craving music for her for so long that if it’s anything less than perfect she will definitely be lashed

but if ANTI is any indication , she can deliver on making the wait worth it

Good luck with booking that album you speak of :gaycat6:

There have been multiple scrapped R9s at this point, I don't know why y'all expect this one to be any different

hmmm i think she can do massive streaming numbers but i don’t see the pure sales being as big. 

46 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Just to reinforce what @ImsoLOUD said, it will certainly eclipse Renaissance 

48 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Let me just agree with this again so it gets carried over to the second page. 

Go back to the Gaga base and listen to her music that has been flopping for years and stop being obsessed with Beyoncé who is a living legend and still relevant 

OT: probably not, but she will still smash 

Edited by Queenyoncee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.