Rihanna’s new album is going to be biggest comeback of the century after 25. Agree?

Bey Admired

I feel like Rihanna’s comeback is about to be the biggest musical event of the century, only coming second to 25. 

She’s about to smash all streaming records and get by far the highest debut of her career.

People are waiting with great anticipation for this album and she’s going to decimate about a million records. Taylor’s streaming numbers will pale in comparison to a true global icon. 

The girls should be scared. 

Agree? 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey Admired

• zzmyth

• Squall

• Badgalbriel

1 minute ago, Bey Admired said:

ITaylor’s streaming numbers will pale in comparison to a truly global icon. 

No, Taylor's numbers will not pale compared to anyone. 

Edited by Badgalbriel

i agree. it will probably do 100M streams on spotify first day

5 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

Why not?

Because Taylor's numbers will not pale in comparison to anyone. Rihanna can double her numbers, Taylor's will still not pale just because someone is bigger than her. 

Edited by Badgalbriel

If she does months of Pre-orders and does the “four versions of the same vinyl” thing, I think she could cross 1M first week coupled with streams. Because her streams will be massive. Sales are up in the air, but there’s hella hype for her and I think people who otherwise don’t purchase albums anymore would for her. 

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

Because Taylor's numbers will not pale in comparison to anyone. Rihanna can have double her numbers, Taylor's will still not pale just because someone is bigger than her. 

Well if Rihanna doubles her numbers, then Taylor’s numbers will technically pale in comparison. That’s a statement of fact :rip:

3 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

Well if Rihanna doubles her numbers, then Taylor’s numbers will technically pale in comparison. That’s a statement of fact :rip:

No they will not. Adele has been bigger than Taylor for the entire past decade. Taylor's numbers never paled in comparison to her. You cannot "pale" when you are one of the 2 biggest females in music. 

Edited by Badgalbriel

Honest I sense some sarcasm from the OP, because some of it is exaggerated…but I really do think now at this point it will heavily depend on the material. 3 years ago I’d say she can get by on her name alone, and serve whatever, but at this point now, people will be a bit more critical since they’ve been waiting so long.

i don’t ever doubt her tho because that’s my second fave so let’s SEEEEEEE :msmarvel:

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

No they will not. Adele has been bigger than Taylor for the entire past decade. Taylor's numbers never paled in comparison to her. You cannot "pale" when you are one of the 2 biggest females in music. 

I don’t think you understand the meaning of the words you are typing. 

Rihanna can probably break records she hasn't broken before thanks to Streaming. It would be cool to see her open with like 500-600k units but she's never been a massive Album seller or have a frontloaded Era. So who knows. 

1 minute ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Honest I sense some sarcasm from the OP, because some of it is exaggerated…but I really do think now at this point it will heavily depend on the material. 3 years ago I’d say she can get by on her name alone, and serve whatever, but at this point now, people will be a bit more critical since they’ve been waiting so long.

i don’t ever doubt her tho because that’s my second fave so let’s SEEEEEEE :msmarvel:

I’m actually not exaggerating. It is truly what I think is going to happen :cm:

Sounds like a set up

15 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

Taylor’s streaming numbers will pale in comparison to a true global icon. 

Good luck with that :sistrens:

I don't agree tbh, i feel like the hype has died down quite a bit. 

It will certainly eclipse Renaissance, I have no doubt.

Just now, ImsoLOUD said:

Not like it would be hard to do. 

She's got a super dedicated fanbase and, generally speaking, the GP seems to eat up her radio singles. I don't think it'll be the biggest comeback of the century, though, that's a bit of a reach. Sometimes, such a long break can do more harm than good as people move on, find new artists, etc. I'm pretty confident she'll smash tho! 

2 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Let me just agree with this again so it gets carried over to the second page. 

I would say arguably

but it is very possible because -streaming is really strong atm (keeps growing too)

-she is a streaming juggernaut

-lots of hype for her

-she Still top20 most streamed with no own music since 2016

She may break huge records

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.