H100: As It Was 14x #1, Super Freaky Girl #3, I Like You #5, You Proof #6

Renan90

I think next week is going to Harry, close race but it should be around 213 vs 208. The weakest points for a #1 I've ever seen during the streaming era.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• pride4jc1222

• Green

• Renan90

Boring but I'm glad post and Doja might go top 3 and hopefully Bad habit can eek a #1 in there.

AIW is really racking weeks by basically proxy at this point...6 different songs knocked it from the top spot

this is unprecedented and it's not like he's out here performing it. He's only performed it once at a festival, lol

5 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

At least Lil Nas X is going to release on Friday, so AIW won’t go past 15 weeks at #1.

unless his song is extremaly good, he won't be even in top 10

4 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

TWIW debuted in the Top 10, and peaked at #8 or #9 several months later, right? And that’s after Montero (his last lead) debuted at #1 and followed up with IB at #1.

I’m assuming LNX will roll out his next lead on Friday. I’ll be shocked if it debuts outside the Top 40, especially considering how weak the charts are right now.

the song is no lead, it's for some sport game

i would like to see Post & Doja hitting number #1 or Lil Nas X’s new single…

AIW is a good song, althought It doesn’t feel like a 14th week number #1 song…

i don't like aiw, but it was still at 7 mil+ us spotify streams last week (one of 3 songs), so it's still a thing

Damn, even hot 100 looks almost dead. BB is gonna be an irrelevant chart in the future. Stans will only care about Spotify and AM charts

1 hour ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

AIW does not feel like a 14 week #1 :deadvision: it honestly feels like a 7 week #1 at most

Agreed, the charts were so much more competitive last year. Stay (a 7-week #1) was consistently putting up 350-360 point weeks: 

As It Was would have been behind Kiss Me More, the #8 song at this time last year.

1 hour ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Agreed, the charts were so much more competitive last year. Stay (a 7-week #1) was consistently putting up 350-360 point weeks: 

As It Was would have been behind Kiss Me More, the #8 song at this time last year.

That's assuming its points this year (when less people are consuming/paying attention to popular music) would match its overall performance if it had been just as successful a year ago.

At this point, sales are even worse than the bad levels they were at last year, radio is lower, and streaming is even more focused on catalogs than current releases. That's not the fault of "As It Was" or Harry Styles, whose single performed extremely well at release. It's the music industry's fault for stagnating and pop musicians' fault (as a collective) for releasing bad music that nobody cares about anymore and no other songs having the metrics to overtake a song that has more or less run its course.

7 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

That's assuming its points this year (when less people are consuming/paying attention to popular music) would match its overall performance if it had been just as successful a year ago.

At this point, sales are even worse than the bad levels they were at last year, radio is lower, and streaming is even more focused on catalogs than current releases. That's not the fault of "As It Was" or Harry Styles, whose single performed extremely well at release. It's the music industry's fault for stagnating and pop musicians' fault (as a collective) for releasing bad music that nobody cares about anymore and no other songs having the metrics to overtake a song that has more or less run its course.

AIW may have performed well at release, but it only spent 3 out of its first 7 weeks at #1 (getting blocked by Wait For U and First Class for a 3-week stretch in Weeks 5-7) at its peak. It has only spent 2 weeks at #1 on streaming and one week at #1 on sales, and none after the album release week. AIW has benefitted from radio having way too much weight. Otherwise, its run at #1 would have come to an end when RUTH was dominating streaming and sales, and Bad Habit would have several weeks at #1 by now. The fact that RUTH and Bad Habit, arguably the biggest streaming hits post-WDTAB, haven't reached #1 yet on the Hot 100 shows just how flawed the formula is.

9 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

In that case every other song would have as well. This has less to do about AIW and more to do with the performance of the overall music industry.

Also I don’t know why y’all mad AIW is one of the best long running number ones in a while. 

I tried playing as it was a few months ago at work and everyone started complaining. I never listened to it again after that. :toofunny3:

4 minutes ago, dussymob said:

In that case every other song would have as well. This has less to do about AIW and more to do with the performance of the overall music industry.

Also I don’t know why y’all mad AIW is one of the best long running number ones in a while. 

It's not all the music industry's fault. Billboard's Hot 100 formula has been weighed inaccuately and heavily towards radio over the last 5 years, especially moreso after UGC was removed in January 2020. Mood being ranked ahead of Perfect and Sunflower on Billboard's all-time list highlights that fact. (In what world, well maybe outside of radio, was Mood a bigger hit than Perfect and Sunflower?)

Outside of radio, AIW hasn't felt like the biggest song in the country in over 3 months. RUTH felt like the biggest hit in the country from early June to mid-July, followed by a couple weeks of ADT and BMS, and SFG and Bad Habit felt like the biggest hits of the last 5 weeks.

49 minutes ago, CrimsonX said:

I tried playing as it was a few months ago at work and everyone started complaining. I never listened to it again after that. :toofunny3:

Lol

It's not all the music industry's fault. Billboard's Hot 100 formula has been weighed inaccuately and heavily towards radio over the last 5 years, especially moreso after UGC was removed in January 2020. Mood being ranked ahead of Perfect and Sunflower on Billboard's all-time list highlights that fact. (In what world, well maybe outside of radio, was Mood a bigger hit than Perfect and Sunflower?)

Outside of radio, AIW hasn't felt like the biggest song in the country in over 3 months. RUTH felt like the biggest hit in the country from early June to mid-July, followed by a couple weeks of ADT and BMS, and SFG and Bad Habit felt like the biggest hits of the last 5 weeks.

It... is the industry's fault though? Streaming and sales have gotten immensely weaker since the beginning of COVID and have only trended downward since. The way you're still not getting it. :dies: 

Bad Habit just isn't that strong of a hit to overtake As It Was. That's all there is to it. Its sales are poor, and its not streaming THAT MUCH more than As It Was to justify the constant whining about how the radio deficit doesn't justify As It Was being ranked higher. People are acting like AIW is out of the Top 50 when it's very clearly not.

2 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

AIW may have performed well at release, but it only spent 3 out of its first 7 weeks at #1 (getting blocked by Wait For U and First Class for a 3-week stretch in Weeks 5-7) at its peak. It has only spent 2 weeks at #1 on streaming and one week at #1 on sales, and none after the album release week. AIW has benefitted from radio having way too much weight. Otherwise, its run at #1 would have come to an end when RUTH was dominating streaming and sales, and Bad Habit would have several weeks at #1 by now. The fact that RUTH and Bad Habit, arguably the biggest streaming hits post-WDTAB, haven't reached #1 yet on the Hot 100 shows just how flawed the formula is.

And it has vastly outlived all those songs that dethroned it for one week. You act like As It Was was extremely frontloaded like a Gaga single that fell out of the top ten after week 1 when that just is not the case. :rofl: 

40 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

It... is the industry's fault though? Streaming and sales have gotten immensely weaker since the beginning of COVID and have only trended downward since. The way you're still not getting it. :dies: 

Bad Habit just isn't that strong of a hit to overtake As It Was. That's all there is to it. Its sales are poor, and its not streaming THAT MUCH more than As It Was to justify the constant whining about how the radio deficit doesn't justify As It Was being ranked higher. People are acting like AIW is out of the Top 50 when it's very clearly not.

And it has vastly outlived all those songs that dethroned it for one week. You act like As It Was was extremely frontloaded like a Gaga single that fell out of the top ten after week 1 when that just is not the case. :rofl: 

Exactly. It's not Harry's fault that the others contenders have been weaker in other chart metrics.

I mean Lizzo was #1 on Radio for 9 weeks but Harry had stronger streams those weeks so he was #1 on the Hot 100 instead

We don't talk about Bruno could snatch the #1 from EOM for 5 weeks with almost 0 airplay. Bad Habit is #9 on radio, if it can't reach #1 is because the streams are not big enough and they are not that far from As It Was a song that was released almost 6 months ago :deadbanana:

11. Me Porto Bonito (+1)

12. Running Up The Hill (A Deal With God) (-3)

15. Vegas (+5) *New peak* 

16. Wasted on You (+1)

17. Heat Waves (+1)

18. She Had Me at Heads Carolina (+1) *New peak* 

20. Jimmy Cooks (+1) 

21. BREAK MY SOUL (-6)

22. Thank God (HOT SHOT DEBUT)

23. STAY (-1)

25. Something in the Orange (+7) *New peak* 

26. Hold Me Closer (-3) 

30. Betty (Get Money) (+1) *New peak* 

31. I'm Good (Blue) (+15) *New peak* 

32. In a Minute (+3)

40. Unstoppable (+5) *New peak* 

45. Romantic Homicide (+32) *New peak* 

47. Bones (+1) *New peak* 

49. Die for You (+3) 

50. Victoria's Secret (=)

51. So Good (+7) *New peak* 

52. Free Mind (+4) *New peak* 

62. golden hour (+3) *New peak* 

65. DESPECHÁ (-2)

67. 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) (+11) *New peak* 

69. Until I Found You (+6) *New peak* 

85. CUFF IT (RE-ENTRY)

94. Static (+4) *New peak* 

Shivers and Numb Little Bug went recurrent. In addition, Puffin on Zootiez falls off without recording a 20th week.

RUTH (at 36 weeks) is the only song on the charts in between Wasted On You (44 weeks) and AIW (24 weeks). Do not expect that many post-Christmas re-entries. Whatever old songs fall off will probably do so in October and November.

Shivers and Numb Little Bug went recurrent. In addition, Puffin on Zootiez falls off without recording a 20th week.

RUTH (at 36 weeks) is the only song on the charts in between Wasted On You (44 weeks) and AIW (24 weeks). Do not expect that many post-Christmas re-entries. Whatever old songs fall off will probably do so in October and November.

Hopefully Taylor sends Stay and Heat Waves to recurrent when she releases her album next month.

Billboard is inconsistent with their recurrent rule for old songs that never charted now.

Chris Brown couldn't chart till this week but that old The Weeknd song was charting below Top 50 for weeks

Now Steve Lacy magically debuts at #1 on Bubbling Under this week for Dark Red even though it's been getting streams for weeks

Just let them chart?

On 9/19/2022 at 3:03 AM, skyandground said:

Country? Not that shocking when we have seen the success of Garth Brooks, Shania Twain and Taylor Swift etc:celestial5:

A Spanish album dominating on Billboard 200 is much more unexpected:coffee2:

Country has had a hard time transitioning in the streaming era - so yes it’s unexpected. 

On 9/19/2022 at 4:17 PM, Ivan_brit said:

It feels weird that I Like You (A Happier Song) outpeak Need To Know #8 & Woman #7

It feels weird a collab with Post outpeaked solo female rap songs? :matty:

Edited by Mattyboy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.