• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hey Dude

• airplane

• Komet

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Grand Theft Auto 6 may have leaked, after dozens of videos of what purports to be in-development footage appeared online.

A user going by teapotuberhacker posted a zip file to GTAForums, saying "Here are 90 footage/clips from GTA 6. Its possible i could leak more data soon, GTA 5 and 6 source code and assets, GTA 6 testing build. [sp]"

The clips subsequently made their way onto YouTube and Twitter, and show robberies, gunplay, fully voiced conversations, and more. What appear to be debug elements (closely resembling similar tools from Red Dead Redemption 2's development) also appear onscreen. If legitimate, the videos appear to confirm previous rumors about the game including male and female protagonists, and a Vice City setting.

The source of the videos is currently unconfirmed, but may well have been the result of a hack. Teapotuberhacker claims they were downloaded directly from Rockstar's internal Slack groups. We will not be linking to the videos in this article. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-6-gameplay-videos-reportedly-leak-grand-theft-auto

So, two protagonists - Jason and Lucia,  set in Vice City and it seems surrounding areas?, unfortunately looks like it's set in the modern day. The thread is still up on gtaforums, and the videos are everywhere - twitter, youtube, reddit.

This is huge and very bad for rockstar. Some could say karma's a *****, and I would agree.

DiktS2q.gif

ahhhhh i'm so hyped :jonny: these leaks better be real 

F*** this person. Cuz chances are Rockstar will now scrap the current version cuz of the leak 

We been waiting 84 years for this game for someone to mess it up and have Rockstar make us wait 84 more years....

Ugh, not Vice City. As much as it's going to look great on modern consoles, I was hoping they'd do a totally new location.

3 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

F*** this person. Cuz chances are Rockstar will now scrap the current version cuz of the leak 

We been waiting 84 years for this game for someone to mess it up and have Rockstar make us wait 84 more years....

Sis there's absolutely no way they're gonna scrap a game that has been years in the making!

Someone is definitely getting fired though. Let me watch those clips before they get removed :lakitu:

hopefully this is just some alpha build from years ago or sumn, cuz it's giving GTA V meets Watch Dogs 2

Edited by NicoleAMatty

4 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Sis there's absolutely no way they're gonna scrap a game that has been years in the making!

Someone is definitely getting fired though. Let me watch those clips before they get removed :lakitu:

It's been rumored the game has been restarted at least 5 times since they started development.  And it's not like they're releasing it next week. Don't be surprised sis.

The gameplay video from what I saw look pre alpha ( the things only fully rendered are the environments and the main characters and that looks alpha.) so don't be surprised if they start from scratch cuz of this.

How did this exactly leak? Was it a game dev or a QA who was testing and recorded it? 

Edit: if they have the source code, I'm assuming it was a game dev. I'd say the dumbest way to ruin your career permanently and get sued for hundreds of millions. Good luck! 

Edited by Sombre

Just now, Sombre said:

How did this exactly leak? Was it a game dev or a QA who was testing and recorded it? 

Rumours say the hacker got it from Slack

1 minute ago, Sombre said:

Edit: if they have the source code, I'm assuming it was a game dev. I'd say the dumbest way to ruin your career permanently and get sued for hundreds of millions. Good luck! 

It appears a hacker got into Slack and leaked everything they could find, they’re saying there’s more to come as well.

5 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

It's been rumored the game has been restarted at least 5 times since they started development.  And it's not like they're releasing it next week. Don't be surprised sis.

The gameplay video from what I saw look pre alpha ( the things only fully rendered are the environments and the main characters and that looks alpha.) so don't be surprised if they start from scratch cuz of this.

I don't know, this looks pretty forward in development to scrap it completely, it even has voice acting. In any case, this is bad for Rockstar :skull:

Now can someone hack Bethesda's Slack and leak something about TES VI? :psych:

This is the most anticipated game of all time and we’ve been waiting for it for eons I don’t think it would be a smart decision to scrap errything and start over just because of a leak.. business wise that would be a terrible move

kinda bummed this is how we found out about all this stuff, tbh :sadviolin:

luv me some cryptic little tease followed by a huge announcement + trailer

Wow, both protagonists are HOT!

LUV the strip club scenes

22 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

Rumours say the hacker got it from Slack

21 minutes ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

It appears a hacker got into Slack and leaked everything they could find, they’re saying there’s more to come as well.

Yikes. How could someone hack into an organization's Slack environment like that? :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.