Missing (2023) | Sequel to 'Searching' | On Digital March 7

genetic fail

Searching Sequel, Missing, Gets First Trailer | Flipboard

Sony’s follow-up to the “Screenlife” thriller Searching, which is titled Missing, has received a date. It’ll be released by Sony on February 24, 2023.

Storm Reid and Nia Long star in Missing, with the cast also including Joaquim de Almeida, Ken Leung, Amy Landecker, Daniel Henney, Megan Suri and Tim Griffin.

Source

Trailer:

Edited by genetic fail

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone seen this yet? I kept seeing the “Have you seen my mother?” memes on Twitter :lmao:

• 1 month later...

On digital March 7 :duca:

MadonnasBoyfriend

I skipped this. Trailer looked dumb just looking up things on the internet then going to that location.. Didn't care enough to see it even for free

31 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Quietly outgrossed Searching domestically. Very impressive performance. 

because it was released in 1200 theatres while this was released in 3000 :rip:

1 hour ago, FunCoric said:

because it was released in 1200 theatres while this was released in 3000 :rip:

Ok and what's your point? You know it got expanded to over 2000 theatres the next weekend right? And even then, a 1200 nationwide theatre release is more than enough to do bigger business. 

You're acting like I'm shading Searching or something when all I'm doing is appreciating the fact that small budget films are having sequels that increase in box office. Especially in this post pandemic moviegoing climate where this is very much the kind of movie you would just stream from home. 

I swear every time I post box office numbers on ATRL there's gotta be someone that replies with just weird energy for no reason. So irritating.

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

Ok and what's your point? You know it got expanded to over 2000 theatres the next weekend right? And even then, a 1200 nationwide theatre release is more than enough to do bigger business. 

You're acting like I'm shading Searching or something when all I'm doing is appreciating the fact that small budget films are having sequels that increase in box office. Especially in this post pandemic moviegoing climate where this is very much the kind of movie you would just stream from home. 

I swear every time I post box office numbers on ATRL there's gotta be someone that replies with just weird energy for no reason. So irritating.

because you're always biased. now lets post the international numbers shall we? :sistrens:

13 minutes ago, FunCoric said:

because you're always biased. now lets post the international numbers shall we? :sistrens:

I'm not even comparing them oh my god.. are you okay? 

You seem slighted for some reason because I find it impressive that domestically, this has done better when there was very little enthusiasm behind presales and tracking. Like, go away with your Stan attitude. I'm not talking about international performance and I'm not shading the first one which was a surprise hit of its own. 

Edited by BNF91

13 minutes ago, FunCoric said:

If there's even one post of yours across ATRL that isn't irritating, I haven't found it yet. :rip:

Saw this and thought it was pretty good. They kinda went overboard with the twists though and the final act didn’t feel like screenlife. I love the use of reenactments in true crime series though!

yas it was pretty great I enjoyed it

not great like Searching but still enjoyable and will get you hooked with the twist

On 3/8/2023 at 11:34 AM, Smarticle said:

The random fighting in here :rip:

this like either watch the movie or don't lol but it's never that deep

Searching was superior. Missing was far fetched, unrealistic and dragged on a bit. The girl was annoying and a poor actress.

Come On Please GIF by WWE

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.