• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MusicIsMyMaster

• juancsantoyo

• BlackoutZone

• mystery

• ATRL Moderator

It's fine, but idk, it's missing flavor for me.  I only really connected with the Chanel Tres song.

Holding On seems to be turning into my favourite, it is basically the musical representation of desperately yearning for love even though it may be unhealthy. His vocals add to the song so much. The synths and the echoey are so soaring and stunning I just can't get over it. There is something so bittersweet in its sound. 

20 minutes ago, mystery said:

Holding On seems to be turning into my favourite, it is basically the musical representation of desperately yearning for love even though it may be unhealthy. His vocals add to the song so much. The synths and the echoey are so soaring and stunning I just can't get over it. There is something so bittersweet in its sound. 

yas mystery yas taste :clap3:

I read someone call Oh Laura a The 1975 song and I'm confused. I haven't listened one album by them, but clearly Oh Laura has some major 80s Prince vibes on it so I don't know how someone could claim this as the "The 1975 sound":giraffe:

I'm so obsessed with this quote from his recent interview

ED: You've amassed quite the LGBTQ+ following. What’s your relationship like with those communities?

SG: It's honestly one of the most rewarding and incredible things about releasing music for me. The energy and attention to detail that the gay community gives the music… they know who the songwriters and the producers are, and they get all the references. They care about music in the way that I do. I just feel really lucky to get to share spaces and help create spaces for that community to enjoy music.

This is so true and it's so cool to be appreciated for it, we are always seeking everything that's behind the music and its process :allears:

He is also very vocal about wanting to work with Charli soon

been listening all day! and shared with all my friends ofc, they all seem to like it :gaycat5:

It’s not bad, but dance-type he was going for on the first album was something I enjoy more. 
Oh Laura is a highlight. :heart2:

It feels so good to listen to a good pop album with personality and charm after Ava's new album. He's a genius. 

Wow. Lemme listen to this. I loved his song "Warm" back then, didnt know he had a loyal following around here!

This album is IT,  every song's a winner :jamming:

this album is nice! it kinda wore me out towards the end cause it started to feel like one long song but honestly if it bops it bops :-*  Fever Dreamer, Infatuation and Call On Me the trinity :-*

His debut was better imo, but enjoying this one!

This is fun. AudioLust > HigherLove for me.

My top three atm:

- Lifetime.

- Holding On.
- Missing You.

So I finally got around to listening to this. 

Times. was a stellar album for me, i have it on vinyl.

This one was kinda like a prequel for me to that. Wasnt as big of a fan. I think its because some of the high points are to high and the lows are too far low.

"HOLDING ON"

is absolute perfection! 

On 1/29/2023 at 12:21 PM, ONOPKA said:

i am loving the entire album

another life sounds JUST like i remember by deadmau5 tho:psyduck:

I literally thought "strobe" by deadmau5 was starting

On 1/28/2023 at 4:42 AM, The Next Day said:

I read someone call Oh Laura a The 1975 song and I'm confused. I haven't listened one album by them, but clearly Oh Laura has some major 80s Prince vibes on it so I don't know how someone could claim this as the "The 1975 sound":giraffe:

I thought Oh Laura sounded EXACTLY like Lauv. I had to double check that he wasn’t the vocalist. But my roommate also said it sounds like The 1975 (and I stan them but I can’t hear the comparison honestly)

On 1/28/2023 at 7:33 PM, ATWK said:

This is the one :jonny:

Best song of the year :jonny: 

Missing You, Another Life and Fever Dreamer are the ones for me. He snapped though, a massive improvement on times imo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.