Lavigne v. Clarkson - No One Needs to Know (Shania Twain Cover)

Prince George

Pop-Rock Turned Country  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Better Cover

• Avril Lavigne’s ACM Tribute
    • Kelly Clarkson’s Kellyoke Cover

54 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Your faves music career is washed up that’s why she’s on day time TV with all the other washed up actors and musicians selling themselves to unemployed soccer moms that drink wine at noon. Avril is sell globally across the world. Love Sux went top 10 in all major music markets and I’m assuming the 15,000 people going to each of her arena tours across the world and the 100k who just saw her at one show in Brazil talk about her. 

The opening for MGK thing would be funny if they weren’t best friends and Avril didn’t just have a sold out North American tour in 2019 and didn’t just do a 15 date sold out arena tour across Canada a month prior to it :skull: Choosing to tour with your friends and label mates vs. resorting to day time TV cause your career is dead are two different things. 

Lol Kelly is washed up and Avril isn’t ? Atleast Kelly had the right opportunities to pivot into another career and stay relevant whereas Avril peaked with her first album. 

Also Kelly has

- more awards

- more industry recognition in music and tv

- more relevance

Avril is a has been since 2007

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCFan2014

• KKCuteCat

• Blankspace2010

• The Last of Us

4 minutes ago, Rv1709 said:

Lol Kelly is washed up and Avril isn’t ? Atleast Kelly had the right opportunities to pivot into another career and stay relevant whereas Avril peaked with her first album. 

Also Kelly has

- more awards

- more industry recognition in music and tv

- more relevance

Avril is a has been since 2007

Avril has more WW relevance. 
Avril has more album sales. 
Avril has more industry records broken. 
Avril has a career outside North America. 
Avril has better touring stats. 
Avril has more impact on todays generation of artitests. 

It’s funny that Kelly’s accomplishments are based on awards that be be bought where as Avrils accomplishment are hard evident success. 

Kelly is a country singer at heart. Her version is better. Avril did a good job but Kellys is >>> 

31 minutes ago, KCFan2014 said:

Choosing to tour wirh your friends that's what opening acts are called now I see :ahh::ahh::ahh:

If she's so relevant why did both her singles only make it to the bubbling under charts? :rip: you can stop using rock in Rio it was festival with Coldplay,  Megan the stallion and many more lmao.  

My fav washed up? Lmao  if #1 female talk show 5 emmys in 3 seasons a #12 hot 100 hit in 2020 (not everybody (avril) has that) is washed up sign me up. She's also the singer with the most emmys.

Washed up lmao I cant.... that's why her last album went #2 with 79k while Avril debuted at #10 with 30k.. soooo who's really washed up. Singles flopped too 

Love So Soft made it to #47, both Avril singles couldn't even crack the top 100 not even with a feature :ahh: you lost move along. Sweet dreams pumpkin 

30k in US girl … the album opened with 100k+ WW. That’s what happens when you’ve success outside of one country xxx  Too bad Avril will easily outsell all of Kelly’s eras due to her WW relevance and you’ll never be in a thread stating Kelly has outsold Avril. The drawbacks of only being SLIGHTLY and it’s very slightly relevant in NA. 

You keep clinging to that soccer mom TV show. 

And y’all quoting the MGK “opening act” thing doesn’t both us Avril stans cause she’s Arena dates in South America, Canada, Europe and Asia all sold out. Kelly wishes she could be in arenas again :lmao: We know Avrils relationship with MGK and why she toured with him and honestly quoting it is meaningless. If she wasn’t selling out arenas WW - then maybe you’d have a point but you’ve nothing except a few daytime Emmys :bibliahh: Kelly stans should be on the soccer mom forums instead of ATRL she has no place here any longer. Maybe go to the US Weekly forums where y’all can chat about what strain of coffee wakes you up better in the morning and what Kelly’s opinion is on that xoxo 

1 hour ago, KCFan2014 said:

SUBG is way more iconic then any Avril song.

Imagine thinking SUBG is more iconic than Complicated, Sk8er Boi or I’m With You.

Take off those stan glasses hun! :heart2:

7 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

30k in US girl … the album opened with 100k+ WW. That’s what happens when you’ve success outside of one country xxx  Too bad Avril will easily outsell all of Kelly’s eras due to her WW relevance and you’ll never be in a thread stating Kelly has outsold Avril. The drawbacks of only being SLIGHTLY and it’s very slightly relevant in NA. 

You keep clinging to that soccer mom TV show. 

And y’all quoting the MGK “opening act” thing doesn’t both us Avril stans cause she’s Arena dates in South America, Canada, Europe and Asia all sold out. Kelly wishes she could be in arenas again :lmao: We know Avrils relationship with MGK and why she toured with him and honestly quoting it is meaningless. If she wasn’t selling out arenas WW - then maybe you’d have a point but you’ve nothing except a few daytime Emmys :bibliahh: Kelly stans should be on the soccer mom forums instead of ATRL she has no place here any longer. Maybe go to the US Weekly forums where y’all can chat about what strain of coffee wakes you up better in the morning and what Kelly’s opinion is on that xoxo 

Kelly’s last arena tour (solo main act) was sold out and her most successful tour. What are you talking about? She didn’t need to tag onto MGK to fill seats. Sit down.

Your fav couldn’t even win a Grammy much less get a nomination outside of her debut where she got annihilated by Norah Jones lmao 

12 minutes ago, Salmon Dean said:

Imagine thinking SUBG is more iconic than Complicated, Sk8er Boi or I’m With You.

Take off those stan glasses hun! :heart2:

Even Girlfriend is more iconic 

Kelly’s last arena tour (solo main act) was sold out and her most successful tour. What are you talking about? She didn’t need to tag onto MGK to fill seats. Sit down.

Your fav couldn’t even win a Grammy much less get a nomination outside of her debut where she got annihilated by Norah Jones lmao 

Her red wine tour? This was mostly theatres :skull:

Unless you’re talking about a few tours ago then you can take a seat as Avrils Bonez Tour was arenas and stadiums and 164 dates spanning across 2 years. Kelly will never have a tour like that. 

Edited by Blankspace2010

Why are you acting as if Grammys = success? Avril has sold more albums than Kelly Clarkson ever will. Her first 2 albums alone almost eclipse Kelly’s entire discography. 

Esperanza Spalding has a ******* Grammy and does anybody even know who that is? Her most recent albums don’t even chart. But because she has a Grammy, I guess that means she’s more successful than Avril, right? :rip:

4 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Even Girlfriend is more iconic 

To be fair, I could have listed 5+ songs but I wanted to let the Kelly stans breathe a bit!

43 minutes ago, Rv1709 said:

Compare a  Canadian  to  American  when it comes to Grammy is always fair.  And Avril had a sold out arena this year too. The troll is dumb.  

39 minutes ago, Salmon Dean said:

Why are you acting as if Grammys = success? Avril has sold more albums than Kelly Clarkson ever will. Her first 2 albums alone almost eclipse Kelly’s entire discography. 

Esperanza Spalding has a ******* Grammy and does anybody even know who that is? Her most recent albums don’t even chart. But because she has a Grammy, I guess that means she’s more successful than Avril, right? :rip:

Grammy  is the only **** they can throw at us since Avril shits on Kelly in every other aspects  :eli: 

Avril went for a different path in her career, but her first love was county music & it really suits her vocals.

In this specific song, performance and vocal-wise, I have to give it to Avril. She may not have the typical country tone but she did great on a song outside her genre.

Kelly’s vocals definitely align with country music so it’s a sure thing that she’ll slay, but for some reason I prefer Avril’s take here, it’s refreshing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.