Lavigne v. Clarkson - No One Needs to Know (Shania Twain Cover)

Prince George

Pop-Rock Turned Country  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Better Cover

• Avril Lavigne’s ACM Tribute
    • Kelly Clarkson’s Kellyoke Cover

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCFan2014

• KKCuteCat

• Blankspace2010

• The Last of Us

Avril is a country singer at heart. Her version is better. Kelly did a good job but Avrils is >>> 

Edited by Blankspace2010

14 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Avril is a country singer at heart. Her version is better. Kelly did a good job but Avrils is >>> 

I couldn’t disagree more. Avril looked and sounded completely bored, whereas Kelly seemed more into it. Plus it’s no secret Kelly has better vocals than Avril :cm:

5 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

I couldn’t disagree more. Avril looked and sounded completely bored, whereas Kelly seemed more into it. Plus it’s no secret Kelly has better vocals than Avril :cm:

Avril did a better vocal on this specific song. Most people agree as per poll results. 

Avril sang it better but not by much. She sounds more natural as a country singer given her country roots before her debut. I like her soft/falsetto high notes at the end better than Kelly. Both are good singers in different ways in the end.

Kelly and not even close :rip:

The point of covering it is to make it your own. Avril is trying to sound just like Shania

Edited by KCFan2014

38 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Avril did a better vocal on this specific song. Most people agree as per poll results. 

She really didn’t, and those poll results don’t mean much. You realize most people are voting based on who they like more, and not for this one specific performance, right? Bias is a thing :cm: 

On a kind of unrelated note, I just want to say that I’ve always found Avril and Kelly to be interesting, for different reasons. They both have things that I like about them, but are also lacking in certain departments. Avril’s discography is excellent, with only a few songs that I would say are absolute trash, however her vocals aren’t amazing. Kelly has the opposite problem. Her vocals are excellent, but besides her hits, her song choices are questionable at best, making for an extremely uneven discography. For this reason, I’m fairly certain Kelly would always do a better job with a cover than Avril, simply because all Kelly needs is a good song and she’s set. Avril needs a different voice, which is much harder to get :coffee2:

Edited by smoore95GAGA

chosen by Shania herself, miss Lavigne :coffee2:

Avril. There's a reason on went one to becoming a global music icon and the other is a tv host for soccer moms

Edited by Sharapov

39 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

Avril. There's a reason on went one to becoming a global music icon and the other is a tv host for soccer moms

:bibliahh:

1 hour ago, Sharapov said:

One is an opening act for MGK

The other scored a top #12 hot 100 hit in 2020 and keeps on winning Emmys :cm:

3 hours ago, smoore95GAGA said:

:bibliahh:

??? You’re denying Avril is global music icon? She literally has three consecutive multi platinum albums across 6 continents :skull:  She’s the only western artist besides Mariah Carey that has three diamond albums in Japan. She’s toured in 6 continents. There’s literally nobody except for you that would deny that Avril is global. 

Anyway you spoke about bias earlier - you’re the one with most bias for your apparent hatred of Avril. 

Objectively both did great but Avril sings country better. Kelly is an overall better vocalist but Avril’s roots are in country and it shows here. 

Edited by Blankspace2010

47 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

??? You’re denying Avril is global music icon? She literally has three consecutive multi platinum albums across 6 continents :skull:  She’s the only western artist besides Mariah Carey that has three diamond albums in Japan. She’s toured in 6 continents. There’s literally nobody except for you that would deny that Avril is global. 

Anyway you spoke about bias earlier - you’re the one with most bias for your apparent hatred of Avril. 

Objectively both did great but Avril sings country better. Kelly is an overall better vocalist but Avril’s roots are in country and it shows here. 

This is a basic country song I love Shania but she Is a limited singer

You really think avril lavignes country roots run deeper then Kelly? :ahh::ahh::ahh:now u trolling 

I'm hollering :ahh:

6 hours ago, KCFan2014 said:

This is a basic country song I love Shania but she Is a limited singer

You really think avril lavignes country roots run deeper then Kelly? :ahh::ahh::ahh:now u trolling 

I'm hollering :ahh:

I love KC but that limited singer outsold your fav by just one album alone :rip: and she's literally one of the most successful artists of all time. 

10 hours ago, KCFan2014 said:

People need to stop with this them troll. It's getting boring already. 

22 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

I love KC but that limited singer outsold your fav by just one album alone :rip: and she's literally one of the most successful artists of all time. 

:ahh: I love Shania can you read? we are talking about vocals and Kelly can out sing her in her sleep. She's still a limited singer. As far as sales she debuted almost 10 years before Kelly a different time lmao move along clown this is about vocals

Failed attempt to drag I was in love with her as a kid

Kelly's also had more longevity 20 years and a bigger celebrity than ever. Not everybody has that :cm:

Edited by KCFan2014

14 minutes ago, legendlavigne said:

The one that more than tripled the other one's views in a matter of days :rip: 

This not Kelly's official account :ahh::ahh::ahh: its a re upload gawd yall are :rip:

Edited by KCFan2014

20 minutes ago, KCFan2014 said:

:ahh: I love Shania can you read? we are talking about vocals and Kelly can out sing her in her sleep. She's still a limited singer. As far as sales she debuted almost 10 years before Kelly a different time lmao move along clown this is about vocals

Failed attempt to drag I was in love with her as a kid

Kelly's also had more longevity 20 years and a bigger celebrity than ever. Not everybody has that :cm:

the one who can read is you. The vocal is just the matter of opinion. No it's your own opinion. Definitely the rest of the world disagrees 

Edited by KKCuteCat

10 hours ago, KCFan2014 said:

38 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

the one who can read is you. The vocal is just the matter of opinion. No it's your own opinion. Definitely the rest of the world disagrees 

You think the rest of the world disagrees? :ahh:

Kelly has always been compared to Mariah,Whitney, Celine and Aretha it's not an opinion it's a fact she is a better singer. Range, emotion, technique you name it 

Put that poll up sis let's see the results of what atrl thinks.

Again I love Shania i never said she couldn't sing but let's not get crazy 

No matter what the voices in your head tell you it's not a Kelly vs Shania thread. Give it up already 

Edited by KCFan2014

4 minutes ago, KCFan2014 said:

You think the rest of the world disagrees? :ahh:

Kelly has always been compared to Mariah,Whitney, Celine and Aretha it's not an opinion it's a fact she is a better singer. Range, emotion, technique you name it 

Put that poll up sis let's see the results of what atrl thinks.

Again I love Shania i never said she couldn't sing but let's not get crazy 

No matter what the voices in your head tell you it's not a Kelly vs Shania thread. Give it up already 

U the one who insulted Shania Twain first. Remember? Kelly might be compare to Mariah, etc but she's for sure not in the same league, not even close. While Shania is just right there in the elite group

4 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

U the one who insulted Shania Twain first. Remember? Kelly might be compare to Mariah, etc but she's for sure not in the same league, not even close. While Shania is just right there in the elite group

:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

Did you just say Shania was in the same league as Mariah vocally?  You are definitely trolling 

Log off sis you're drunk :deadbanana2:

Kelly is known as one of the greatest singer alive the other is not 

Edited by KCFan2014

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.