Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story | Cooper Koch & Nicholas Alexander Chavez

genetic fail

this is really disturbingly well made, to the point you feel like you're trapped with him all the time.

well done i guess, but do i wanna continue after episode 2?

thinking about it.

(spoiler: i will)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Gossip_Boy

• James_Dean

• Leptine

Wait Niecy Nash is in this??? I might give it a watch now :jonny:

21 hours ago, God_Donna said:

I- watched it all in one day and omfg so so so good. Loved it. Drug me, rape me and dismember king. 

:biblio:

Anyway. It’s good. First ep was the best so far. 

Ep. 2 was so hard to watch.

Evan peters is such an amazing actor though

My two-star review getting dragged on Letterboxd :monkey:

The second half is kinda redeeming this series though.

im surprised it took that long (ep. 2) for Ryan to have Evan naked :deadbanana2:

9 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

Was Dean a real victim? Because on Jeff's wiki page, there is no Dean under his list of victims. 

That's what I was wondering too. He wasn't at the end of episode 10 either (when they showed real pictures of the victims) 

50 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Richard Jenkins and Niecy Nash deserve so much praise for their performances too:jonny:

Totally agree, Ryan Murphy did an amazing job. I think people complaining wanted killing after killing. 

On 9/24/2022 at 5:01 AM, publikcitizen said:

Was Dean a real victim? Because on Jeff's wiki page, there is no Dean under his list of victims. 

15 hours ago, Touch Pass said:

That's what I was wondering too. He wasn't at the end of episode 10 either (when they showed real pictures of the victims) 

Here’s what I found online:

The notion that Dahmer confessed to all his murders is false. On the record, Jeffrey Dahmer’s official murder count was seventeen. That was what the Milwaukee police want everyone to believe. The real count will never be known.

Dean was drugged, strangled, and sodomized. He was found on his bed with his pants pulled down to his ankles, an MO that fit Dahmer to a tee. Everyone in the building became a suspect because police were sure it had to be someone within the forty-nine units of the (Dahmer) Oxford building. Milwaukee police never wanted to make the connection to Dahmer. In FRUSTRATED WITNESS! I explain why.

Source

MadonnasBoyfriend

Just finished this was beautifully shot and acted and done with heart ♥ new found respect for everyone involved. 

How big of a role does Queen Niecy have in this? 

MadonnasBoyfriend
15 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

How big of a role does Queen Niecy have in this? 

Huge. Bigger than any role I have ever seen her in. Bet she was number 2 or 3 on the call sheet 

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

Just finished and I’m not going to be able to sleep :rip:

But seriously, this has to be one of the best miniseries I’ve ever seen. Stunningly acted, so emotionally complex (like… I’m exhausted), completely engrossing… I’m going to be thinking about this for awhile. 

On 9/23/2022 at 10:47 PM, Nebur said:

I'm starting episode 3 and I must say that all this could be avoided if the police were not homophobic and lazy:biblio:

I think the sad other side to this story (not just Dahmer himself) is the underlying homophobia and corruption in that era. It's great to be brought to light, but also quite confronting and sad to watch. 

22 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:

My problem with the show is that serial killers are NOT actually such caricatures like that. They would not behave like a “serial killer”. Get what I’m saying? Jeffrey wouldn’t be able to lure his victims looking, speaking, and acting like that lol. Most of them are pretty normal. Some are even charming, articulate, and good looking that’s why they were so successful. Portraying them as this weird unstable psycho all the time is just not really what they are. Some serial killers are maybe but most aren’t weirdos in their everyday life and only show psychosis after getting caught/jailed/being interviewed or whatever. But here’s the thing, so do the most people. They are not really their true selves due to the circumstances. Most crime shows love to portray the bad guy as weird. It’s almost like an assumption on their personality after we see them getting caught with such crimes. It’s not a very believable portrayal of them before getting caught. 

Tbh, it’s a more of problem with most true crime shows. It’s still a great show, but they always do that. This makes me appreciate something like “Get Out” more, even though that’s totally fiction lol. It’s more accurate in its portrayal of serial killers.

I think this was a style of choice, because they didnt want to humanize adult jeff out of respect for the victims and families, some serial killers movies/series got bad reaction for this reason but yeah not much people would be willing to go with him behaving like this 

This was really good. This tops American Horror Story: Cult as Evan's creepiest performance ever. He was great though I wouldn't be surprised if he only got a Golden Globe nomination for it. The score definitely added to the creepiness so well done there too. This could have served as an American Crime Story season to be honest. 

Neicy Nash served and I'm glad she got a good backstory as she was definitely an unsung heroine in this. 

Those two idiotic cops that got reinstated after they did nothing to save the 14 year old boy :mazen:

Tony's story was the saddest story to me and I wish he had been able to escape. 

The way I gasped at seeing Molly Ringwald as the stepmother :eek: Dyllon Burnside's character's arc was really good too.

Edited by Hector

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.