Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story | Cooper Koch & Nicholas Alexander Chavez

genetic fail

watched the first ep before bed last night. :smitten: whew that was intense and a CHOICE from me….. :emofish:

in all seriousness, it’s just what i expected so far and i am definitely curious about how they started the season the way they did! 

Edited by Yawn

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Gossip_Boy

• James_Dean

• Leptine

Watched the first 3 episodes and while it’s good I’m not really interested in Continue watching :rip: 

why is ryan murphy so OBSESSED with young muscular men? its so creepy at this point

episode 6

:cries:, the deaf boy and his family were so great, for a moment i thought they'd become boyfriends but just killed him as soon as he was leaving :mazen:

5 hours ago, Sharapov said:

why is ryan murphy so OBSESSED with young muscular men? its so creepy at this point

Hide contents

episode 6

:cries:, the deaf boy and his family were so great, for a moment i thought they'd become boyfriends but just killed him as soon as he was leaving :mazen:

He's our new Bryan Singer. 

First episode was ok, it has its moment of tension that got my attention but I wasn't blown away tho, we'll see with the next episodes.

• ATRL Moderator

I'm seeing this getting absolutely lashed on Twitter recently, is Netflix's true crime era over?  

I- watched it all in one day and omfg so so so good. Loved it. Drug me, rape me and dismember king. 

8 hours ago, khalyan said:

I'm seeing this getting absolutely lashed on Twitter recently, is Netflix's true crime era over?  

13 minutes ago, Phonography said:

Murphy netlifx finally snapped, too bad it's getting cancelled on twitter :skull:

Critics have had their daggers out for Murphy on streaming.

47 on Metacritic right now. Others:

Ratched 50

Halston 50

American Horror Stories 54

Politician 2-season average 55

Hollywood 56

52 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Please get help :rip:

I was joking omg 

Ok I really like episode 6. We finally get a backstory for one of his victims and it’s heartbreaking. I hope the rest of the season is this good.

how is it doing worldwide?

and... which other movies/series based on this one or documentaries about it do you guys recommend?

This is (surprisingly) very good. Ryan Murphy projects are usually hit and miss but this worked. It helps when they keep the single story focus and not go off in tangents like a lot of the latter American Horror Story. 

Personally I didn't find it exploitative and it didn't try to humanise Dahmer. We do see glimpses of the man behind the monster, but he's never shown as a victim. He's a monster from start to finish.

Even Peters was excellent as per usual. Episode 6 was extremely hard to watch on the emotional side.

6 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Critics have had their daggers out for Murphy on streaming.

47 on Metacritic right now. Others:

Ratched 50

Halston 50

American Horror Stories 54

Politician 2-season average 55

Hollywood 56

Look the imdb and the RT scores, the gp is stanning

I'm starting episode 3 and I must say that all this could be avoided if the police were not homophobic and lazy:biblio:

Edited by Nebur

currently watching episode 6 and it upsets me a lot watching it because i am deaf like tony was. i am so scared that i will be in his position because someone will try to take advantage of me due to my hearing loss. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.