Which Disney girl had the best debut single?

Scars

Which 2000s Disney girl had the best debut single?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is your favorite?

• Hilary Duff - So Yesterday (2003)
    • Vanessa Hudgens - Come Back to Me (2006)
    • Ashley Tisdale - Be Good To Me (2006)
    • Miley Cyrus - See You Again (2007)
    • Demi Lovato - Get Back (2008)
    • Selena Gomez & The Scene - Falling Down (2009)

All of these former teen stars made it big on Disney Channel and were an important part of the childhood and teenagehood of many fans around the world during the 2000s, but which one of them made the best first impression with their first single?

Hilary Duff - So Yesterday (2003)

Vanessa Hudgens - Come Back to Me (2006)

Ashley Tisdale - Be Good To Me (2006)

Miley Cyrus - See You Again (2007)

Demi Lovato - Get Back (2008)

Selena Gomez & The Scene - Falling Down (2009)

Singles released before their debut studio albums were not considered for this poll.

So Yesterday > See You Again > Get Back > Be Good to Me > Come Back to Me > Falling Down

They had good first singles but most of the second singles were better

The fact that See You Again and Be Good To Me don't have official MVs despite being literally their debut single :deadbanana4:

they were so painfully mismanaged. :deadbanana4:

Voted for my fave but all of these songs are classics! :heart2:

Edited by Scars

Miley washed. Hilary’s debut was cute though. 

The So Into Voguing Actress demolishes the competition, only Ashley  can compete but she failed in the debut single department.

Hilary. So Yesterday was absolutely massive and no one knew if her music career would be successful. My fave paved the way for so many others :heart2:

Hands down, See You Again by Miley. The chorus for Come Back To Me got stuck on my brain in such a weird way tho. It’s one of those songs I’ll randomly sing even tho I’ve never voluntarily listened to it or even heard it in YEARS. 

22 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Miley STOMPS. Followed by Hilary and Vanessa. 

This

The rest were pretty banal tbh 

See You Again, but Get Back is a VERY close second! both have such euphoric choruses, Miley and Demi really stomped from the get-go :clap3:

Bridgit Mendler - Ready or Not, but from this list, Miley. I used to have SYA on my sister's Walkman, and I was obsessed with it.

1 minute ago, Freakshowvato said:
For me personally:

So Yesterday > Get Back > Come Back To Me > Falling Down > Be Good To Me  > See You Again

But just to be clear I think the best songs artistically are Get Back and See You Again way above the others, I just ranked htem based on enjoyability. But some of these are very generic BOPS and don't feel like the singers had much input (still doesn't change their perfection), unlike Demi and Miley's imo.

Really strong songs all around, I remember bopping to every single one of these!

They way no debut album is my fave from these girls :deadbanana4:

Second or further albums were miles better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.