• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• Alfred

• Nefertiti0

• OmegaRidley

10 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

She said “This era isn’t about chart success.” https://readdork.com/features/kim-petras-interview-nov-22/

361k isn't so bad. she doesn’t have streaming power. she only has 3 solo songs that get more than 30k daily.

She was begging for pre-saves for a month and a half. Whatever you say Kim

the fact that she got ilya and MAX MARTIN on board and this is what they came up with…ijbol!

spacer.png

37 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

The thing is that she could have that easily without Luke, both Max and Ilya are amazing producers using synths really well, I'm really not sure what happened here with this tepid song

The thing is Max Martin, as far as pop girls he’a been working with in the last 5 years, delivered probably only with Katy on Witness.

i honestly like this but in no way it was a single/lead material especially when you have a WW smash :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Are you a Barb by any chance :gaycat3:

No I’m french 

do we know if  there’s  even a music video coming? 

5 hours ago, InventedGays said:

Playing on the image of Jesus does not make Christianity the theme of the song :rip:

Kim is an ex Christian isn't she.. not to mention this is supposed to be a "personal song," whatever it means..

1 hour ago, HereForTheChaos said:

do we know if  there’s  even a music video coming? 

I don't think so... unless the song starts happening

fFXDF71.gif

2 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

She said “This era isn’t about chart success.” https://readdork.com/features/kim-petras-interview-nov-22/

361k isn't so bad. she doesn’t have streaming power. she only has 3 solo songs that get more than 30k daily.

I hope Republic is aware of that too

fFXDF71.gif

This goes nowhere :deadbanana2: What were they thinking?

Also, she literally sounds like Camila on the chorus :rip:

4 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

The thing is Max Martin, as far as pop girls he’a been working with in the last 5 years, delivered probably only with Katy on Witness.

Please, Ariana and Weeknd are right there. Does this fanbase have the worst taste of all time or something? :rip: 

What's the point of name-dropping Jesus if she's not going to make some controversial references from the bible?

7 minutes ago, collin said:

Please, Ariana and Weeknd are right there. Does this fanbase have the worst taste of all time or something? :rip: 

The Weeknd is like the only exception, Max Martin fell off so hard for some reason. His new work is lazy trash (ie. Halsey and P!nk)

1 hour ago, collin said:

Last time I checked, The Weeknd was a boy, not a pop girl.

I find it funny that she is talking about this song being in a "new direction" and personal as if it isn't just even more bland radio pop Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus under 3 minute safest of the safe redundant Post Malone-lite fodder

Max Martin is like 50 and has been writing songs for 30 years. After a certain point your mind just runs out of good ideas and you stop being able to catch the zeitgeist. His idea of a hit song is outdated at this point. 

1 hour ago, GardenPanty said:

The Weeknd is like the only exception, Max Martin fell off so hard for some reason. His new work is lazy trash (ie. Halsey and P!nk)

He’s barely released music this year. He had the best album production wise this year with dawn fm only renaissance comes close in production. He’s released an amazing song with lizzo with 2 be loved. Pink music has been lazy generic trash for like a decade. He’s  had had great production with Ariana in the last 3 years.

He’s now way more selective with who he works with so he releases less. He had bad productions in the early 2000s and 2010s he just released so much music people forgot the bad one. He releases less now so if he releases a bad song you notice it more. 

every two years people say he’s over and he’s lost his touch then are back on his nuts. Same thing happened in 2020 after when he released after hours after the Charlie’s angels soundtrack. Same happened in January when he released dawn fm. Same happened in 2018 with TUN after beautiful trama

11 hours ago, ryoncé said:

UM heart to break, I don’t want it at all, Icy are some of the best pop songs of the last decade …

and those are the highlights. what about the 20 other songs from those albums? as a random standalone single and not the ‘lead’ for some non existent album rollout the song is fine 

• ATRL Moderator

it's like pleasant and fine.... but boring

19 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

every two years people say he’s over and he’s lost his touch then are back on his nuts. Same thing happened in 2020 after when he released after hours after the Charlie’s angels soundtrack. Same happened in January when he released dawn fm. Same happened in 2018 with TUN after beautiful trama

i dont think pop fans have had as much love for max since 1989 or dangerous woman. if it weren’t for the Weeknd he WOULD be in a low point for his career. most of his later records are done by his team and he just oversees it or makes small tweaks.

Manifesting that this song is a grower or something... pretty underwhelming on the first and second listens, especially knowing the team behind it. Kim with Max and co. on paper sounds like a teenage dream, but the end product feels very album track'd at best.

I honestly preferred most of the scrapped Problématique album...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.