Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

29 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

In the vinyl factory getting pressed right now

she can take her time as long as vinyl color matches the album, 2/6 great so far… this one better be purple!!

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

Speaking of Speak Now TV, I'm less and less convinced of a March release. I really don't see her releasing alongside Morgan, especially since they are on the same label (and it's also really risky because I really see him getting a HUGE first week). I also don't think she would release the same week as Miley and especially Lana. And finally, I feel like she would have already announce the release to rack up pre-orders and ensure a strong debut (unless she is really gunning for a surprise release with a "Drop everything now").

Plus obviously Midnights is still smashing like crazy, still being #3 on BB200, and should be back to #2 next week (?). Releasing something else so soon could impair its stability. 

32 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I'm talking about the fact she's going to make a Song about Taylor called "Heroes had fallen" or whatever :bird:

oops :gaycat7: they kinda had a point tho, miss Olive’s 2nd album doesnt have a single narrative to hold on to

i think speak now would have a fall release (or winter) like REDTV, midnights is still smashing, and it would have time to breathe before sntv. :coffee2:

It is universally agreed upon that the bottom songs on Lover are Me!, The Man, IFTYE, London Boy and YNTCD, and in that order too. Any other opinion is simply tasteless trolling :giraffe:.

I'm convinced Me! And YNTCD took the places of Need and All of the girls on the tracklist since Afterglow has the same airy, euphoric sound as them. Poor Afterglow, it would've been such a heavenly ascension if it was put between those two rapturous songs instead of the two fugly abominations that are Me! and YNTCD :chick3:. I was robbed :biblio:.

Some of y'all expecting her to get a boost from the Grammys :deadbanana4: why? 

And trying to ignite some feud between a 19 yo and a 33 yo is weird af

7 minutes ago, FancyStars said:

You should add Paper Rings as well.

Nope. The GP darling Paper Rings doesn't belong on that list.

9 minutes ago, FancyStars said:

paper rings is literally one of the best songs on lover, considering the album is full of filler :dies:

19 minutes ago, FancyStars said:

I never really liked it :chick3:, but lemme go listen to it again since I haven't listened to that song in ages, maybe it will finally click with me.

False God >>>>

TASTE :jonny5:

59 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

It is universally agreed upon that the bottom songs on Lover are Me!, The Man, IFTYE, London Boy and YNTCD, and in that order too. Any other opinion is simply tasteless trolling :giraffe:.

I'm convinced Me! And YNTCD took the places of Need and All of the girls on the tracklist since Afterglow has the same airy, euphoric sound as them. Poor Afterglow, it would've been such a heavenly ascension if it was put between those two rapturous songs instead of the two fugly abominations that are Me! and YNTCD :chick3:. I was robbed :biblio:.

Me! and YNTCD were probably among the first songs recorded for Lover. We know that Taylor flew to New Zealand at the end of the Rep Tour to start recording Lover in late November 2018 (where Joel Little was), and considering only the makings of Me!, YNTCD, and The Man feature in Miss Americana (which chronicles events from October/November 2018), it only makes sense that these songs were all recorded the earliest. 

All of The Girls was also produced by Joel Little, so that means it was probably one of the earliest Lover era songs too. I am kind of glad it was removed, it reminds a little bit of Meghan Trainor lyrically.

Need funnily enough was produced by Louis Bell and Frank Dukes, the same guys who did IFTYE, Afterglow, and INTHAF. It seems likely that Taylor decided to go with either IFTYE or Afterglow for the album over Need since they all share a similar soundscape.

58 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Some of y'all expecting her to get a boost from the Grammys :deadbanana4: why? 

It's apparently only me :celestial5:

And I said why. She was on TV

And there were tiny bumps here and there. ATW10 up 30%.

But yeah overall +8.3% vs +9.2% last Monday. Guess because the streaming patterns were slightly different yesterday

Paper Rings has always been my favorite song on Lover :alexz3:

Just so much fun

58 minutes ago, FancyStars said:

1 hour ago, Cleanromantic said:

the **** :clownny:y'all must hate pop perfection 

My favourite songs off of Lover are False God (which seems to be a fan favourite) and MA&THP. I don't think I've ever seen anyone commenting something on this one, either good or bad. :priceless:

9 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

It's apparently only me :celestial5:

And I said why. She was on TV

And there were tiny bumps here and there. ATW10 up 30%.

But yeah overall +8.3% vs +9.2% last Monday. Guess because the streaming patterns were slightly different yesterday

Midnights' 700K drop is a bit nasty, ngl. I guess there was still some Lavender Haze boost last Monday.

People do too much on Lover, yes, it has 18 songs so there is a lot of filler. But, the amount of near flawless songs on that album is outstanding. With streaming, you can just skip the filler, so I don't really see the problem. 

Cruel Summer

The Archer

Paper Rings

Cornelia Street

Death By a Thousand Cuts

London Boy

Afterglow

Daylight

Perfect EP right there 

23 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Me! and YNTCD were probably among the first songs recorded for Lover. We know that Taylor flew to New Zealand at the end of the Rep Tour to start recording Lover in late November 2018 (where Joel Little was), and considering only the makings of Me!, YNTCD, and The Man feature in Miss Americana (which chronicles events from October/November 2018), it only makes sense that these songs were all recorded the earliest. 

All of The Girls was also produced by Joel Little, so that means it was probably one of the earliest Lover era songs too. I am kind of glad it was removed, it reminds a little bit of Meghan Trainor lyrically.

Need funnily enough was produced by Louis Bell and Frank Dukes, the same guys who did IFTYE, Afterglow, and INTHAF. It seems likely that Taylor decided to go with either IFTYE or Afterglow for the album over Need since they all share a similar soundscape.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that cause :biblio:... 

33 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that cause :biblio:... 

The way you call me baby,

treat me like a lady,

all that I can say is…
All of the girls you loved before
(Wooooh hooo hoooo hooo)

The baby/lady rhyme is so basic it's like it came straight out of a Meghan Trainor co-write from 2015.

The way they were probably going to announce the other legs while she's touring NA, but she's going to cancel the EU/LATAM/Asia-Pacific dates because she's over the tour because of too many dates in the US :redface:

19 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

The baby/lady rhyme is so basic it's like it came straight out of a Meghan Trainor co-write from 2015.

Taylor is a great songwriter because she knows how to use songwriting tropes and formulas to her advantage. Those lyrics may sound basic on paper, but coupled with the melody and her rhythmic cadence they manage to serve their purpose well, which is to build up the tension before the release of the chorus. The meat lyrically is in the first verse (and the other verses and choruses that we didn't get to hear probably).

34 minutes ago, Teneo said:

what do you guys mean by European leg

Touring European cities.
Leg is like sections of the tour, for example:

Leg 1: North America
Leg 2: Europe
Leg 3: South America (one can dream, right?)
Leg 4: Asia + Oceania
Leg 5: North America again

Her face/make-up was flawless at the Grammys. I do wish she’d have let her long hair down and I think she could have been a bit more experimental with her outfit but she looked gorgeous. She literally looked 20.