Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

I wonder who her date is going to be - Joe, Jack, Dylan, Sadie or Tree. Typically for an award show like The Grammys is would be Joe or Jack, but knowing Taylor she'll want to take the whole ATW team with her.

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

17 minutes ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

I wonder who her date is going to be - Joe, Jack, Dylan, Sadie or Tree. Typically for an award show like The Grammys is would be Joe or Jack, but knowing Taylor she'll want to take the whole ATW team with her.

I think it might be Liz Rose, since she's gunning for the songwriter award

5 hours ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

I think most would agree that Taylor and her team handled 'Anti-Hero' quite well, but 'Lavender Haze' has been a disaster. I'm also not quite sure radio has accepted her back, even with 'Anti-Hero' doing very well and going #1 overall, they were quick to drop it and didn't even spend that long on power rotation.

Sis, the song spent 43 days at #1 in overall radio and like 10 weeks in HAC. That is NOT "quick to drop". That would be LYYMMD that started getting -500 spins updates the day after hitting #1 in POP

Edited by taylor__fan

The fact Midnights is going to surpass folklore in April at the very latest (March being much more likely) :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, taylor__fan said:

Sis, the song spent 43 days at #1 in overall radio and like 10 weeks in HAC. That is NOT "quick to drop". That would be LYYMMD that started getting -500 spins updates the day after hitting #1 in POP

Yeah, i don't get why people think Anti-Hero was that neglected by radio, it did pretty well actually.

13 minutes ago, Klein said:

The fact Midnights is going to surpass folklore in April at the very latest (March being much more likely) :deadbanana4:

Also going to pass it on Spotify in April

24 minutes ago, taylor__fan said:

Yea I don't understand some people on here but I stopped trying to tbh

it's always delusions :rip:

6 hours ago, By the Water said:

reputation's BB200 chart run during the tour:

23 - 18* - 14 - 18 - 22 - 29 - 36** - 33** - 30** - 15 - 9 - 21 - 21 - 14 - 25 - 26 - 31 - 29 - 38 - 30 - 26*** - 45 - 57 - 62 - 65 - 68 - 77 - 86 - 90 - 81 - 87 - 99

* first US show

** UK leg

*** last US show

Midnights gonna have her residency in the top 10, even top 5 :jonny5: 

oh she IS attending :jonny5: 

I am truly hoping she not only attends but PERFORMS. Give us a Anti-Hero & Lavender Haze medley :'( 

(though realistically, if she does perform she'll prob do ATW10MV). 

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

I am truly hoping she not only attends but PERFORMS. Give us a Anti-Hero & Lavender Haze medley :'( 

(though realistically, if she does perform she'll prob do ATW10MV). 

She will reserve a midnights medley for next year tbh

I kind of do wish for ATW10 because it would be cute to see the glow up from the last time she performed ATW there (though maybe that would invite controversy over why she's even being considered again)

Edited by youreyesgocold

So why are two “insiders” saying to look out for midnight tonight lol, not sure how credible they are but they seem like piggy backs 

Edited by Jenlisa

Album overall has really grown on me. The only tracks I still can't get into are Vigilante ****, Karma, and Sweet Nothing, but everything else I officially love.

1 hour ago, MardinBeksloy said:

oh she IS attending :jonny5: 

43 minutes ago, Jenlisa said:

So why are two “insiders” saying to look out for midnight tonight lol, not sure how credible they are but they seem like piggy backs 

11:59 pm: DROP EVERYTHING NOW

:clown:

1 hour ago, Black Jesus said:

I think she will win for best MV if she is attending.

1 minute ago, Aiya said:

I think she will win for best MV if she is attending.

Let's see

10 hours ago, Ithinkforme13 said:

I think most would agree that Taylor and her team handled 'Anti-Hero' quite well, but 'Lavender Haze' has been a disaster. I'm also not quite sure radio has accepted her back, even with 'Anti-Hero' doing very well and going #1 overall, they were quick to drop it and didn't even spend that long on power rotation.

Personally I don’t know why everyone thought she was fully ‘back’ on radio. I mean, she’s proven she can still get a big radio hit which was all we needed to see. But still, radio just simply couldn’t ignore Anti-Hero with how big it has been. I always knew it would drop pretty quickly on Pop and then be help up for a while (probably in the top 10 which is great) by mostly HAC/AC.

I believe even Delicate dropped sort of quickly on Pop compared to her radio smashes in Red/1989 and it just had gigantic staying power on HAC/AC. If that happens again for Anti-Hero it’d be satisfied. Although I already am, because it’s been a massive radio hit and it’s not like it’s pulling a LWYMMD on Pop, it’s just not sticking around as much as something like AIW which no one should have never expected. As for LH, if radio doesn’t fully drop it perhaps it could have a second wind with the tour coming. 

12 hours ago, IBeMe said:

what tweet she sent which was vague?! :jonny2: 

This one! “Out of the three that have been released” sounds… interestingly cryptic. She is always careful and intentional with her wording, and I don’t see any other way this can be interpreted besides that there’s more than three. Or that she’s planning more maybe, at the very least. But perhaps she didn’t mean that. We’ll have to wait and see.

Edited by Holiest Dreams

13 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

Let's see

We’ll see but they are never right.

I think it would be so sweet if she brought Liz as her date, considering the life the song has had. 

Also, I’ve said since the nominations were released I think she’s got Best MV, but that’s not the award any of us (including Taylor herself) care about. I don’t want to get my hopes up, but what if there’s a good chance she wins SOTY… :duca:

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Personally I don’t know why everyone thought she was fully ‘back’ on radio. I mean, she’s proven she can still get a big radio hit which was all we needed to see. But still, radio just simply couldn’t ignore Anti-Hero with how big it has been. I always knew it would drop pretty quickly on Pop and then be help up for a while (probably in the top 10 which is great) by mostly HAC/AC.

I believe even Delicate dropped sort of quickly on Pop compared to her radio smashes in Red/1989 and it just had gigantic staying power on HAC/AC. If that happens again for Anti-Hero it’d be satisfied. Although I already am, because it’s been a massive radio hit and it’s not like it’s pulling a LWYMMD on Pop, it’s just not sticking around as much as something like AIW which no one should have never expected. As for LH, if radio doesn’t fully drop it perhaps it could have a second wind with the tour coming. 

This one! “Out of the three that have been released” sounds… interestingly cryptic. She is always careful and intentional with her wording, and I don’t see any other way this can be interpreted besides that there’s more than three. Or that she’s planning more maybe, at the very least. But perhaps she didn’t mean that. We’ll have to wait and see.

she could always do one of those non-videos like the best day or christmas tree farm

Best MV is a non-televised award, mostly. If they don't announce the best MV on the pre-show awards, then maybe that's the only award she's getting.

I hope she wins SOTY. ATW10 deserves it.

If she doesn't win, at least let her present the AOTY award. A Beyonce/Adele/Harry and Taylor moment would be amazing to see.

Edited by dussel_06

21 minutes ago, FancyStars said:

Was this the insider?

OMG, lol, the swifties are getting them in the quotes.

Yes it was this one and the midnightsleaks. I hate all the insiders fake or not lol, especially TSThinker13