Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

33 minutes ago, Aiya said:

She needs to drop SN now IF that country guy is really that big.

Any week except March 3rd will be fine, she'll have the #1 debut and we move on just like Red TV. Rerecordings are not new albums longevity wise.

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

4 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

Any week except March 3rd will be fine, she'll have the #1 debut and we move on just like Red TV. Rerecordings are not new albums longevity wise.

Yeah, but it seems like he is really strong so you never know.

And March 3rd was speculation by fans cause of 3/3/3 thing .

5 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

Seeing how she only snatched 1 real hit this era, do yall want the next Taylor era to be more spread out to give her more smash hits? Maybe lose out a bit on album sales to have 2-3 more smash hits whew!

I feel like while Midnights was an amazing era to watch unfold and to listen to (stream WCS!), I miss that larger than life feeling of having a lead and 2nd single right around album release date because it felt like there was so much more buildup to it.

Imagine if Lavender Haze was the album release single 5 weeks after Anti Hero whew :jonny5:

no we don't care, no one has mutiple smash hits from one album nowdays. LH is a really solid second hit (already near to 300M streams and still not promoted ww). Coming for not less than 600M streams in one year. That's ok when Midnight rain is already as solid single too. 

It's not 2010 anymore when pop girls could have multiple , very often forgettable #1s no one listen to anymore, just with sales. We are in a very different era where a top 10 with a second single would be already great. 

Edited by vale9001

The March 3rd theory started from the picture of her holding up 3+3 fingers, completely ignoring it was for her 33rd birthday.

42 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

no we don't care, no one has mutiple smash hits from one album nowdays. LH is a really solid second hit (already near to 300M streams and still not promoted ww). Coming for not less than 600M streams in one year. That's ok when Midnight rain is already as solid single too. 

It's not 2010 anymore when pop girls could have multiple , very often forgettable #1s no one listen to anymore, just with sales. We are in a very different era where a top 10 with a second single would be already great. 

This is true. Things have radically changed and people need to realize that she’s not gonna change the model she’s using anyway, because look at how well it’s been working. Rep/Lover (with multiple pre-releases) were ****-shows and very rocky. Folklore? Red TV? Midnights? Effortless smashes.

I would love maybe ONE pre-release single for the next album but I’m doubtful we will ever get one again, because she clearly likes to debut all her music at one time these days. And that works very well with the current climate and how things have changed, because album tracks were irrelevant just 10 years ago. But now, while artists tend to score less big hits and maybe just one big one, their whole albums get consumed (for the actually big artists at least). One huge hit and huge interest in your album tracks more than makes up for having less official hit singles. And anything can take off at any point with how unpredictable things are now, single or not…

Edited by Holiest Dreams

Anyway anti hero has been certified Gold in Italy

Also platinum in the Uk.

Seems like here people are posting news about everything expect the on topic great results of this album and songs :coffee2:

Edited by vale9001

52 minutes ago, Arrows said:

The March 3rd theory started from the picture of her holding up 3+3 fingers, completely ignoring it was for her 33rd birthday.

This too.

34 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

announcement of SN Tv is coming mid february and album in may. 

It’s fine for me but I wanted 1989 this summer. (I’m delusional, I know.)

2 minutes ago, Aiya said:

It’s fine for me but I wanted 1989 this summer. (I’m delusional, I know.)

If SN comes out in May, she teased too early.

I do truly think SNTV was going to come out some time in March or maybe even February but her plans have probably changed due to the insane success of Midnights, and well, perhaps other factors too. May-ish would be a good release time for it and give Midnights more time to breathe, with maaaybe one more single too. Perhaps it’s a good time to let Midnight Rain shine globally (we’ve seen the appeal) since Lavender Haze probably won’t as much, and on the flip side Midnight Rain probably won’t do much in the US. It’d be interesting to see a sort of double single push for US vs rest of the world, since that’s rare these days. 

I don’t think that’ll happen though but it wouldn’t be a bad idea to target the different tastes and demographics, given how huge the album is globally.

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I do truly think SNTV was going to come out some time in March or maybe even February but her plans have probably changed due to the insane success of Midnights, and well, perhaps other factors too. May-ish would be a good release time for it and give Midnights more time to breathe, with maaaybe one more single too. Perhaps it’s a good time to let Midnight Rain shine globally (we’ve seen the appeal) since Lavender Haze probably won’t as much, and on the flip side Midnight Rain probably won’t do much in the US. It’d be interesting to see a sort of double single push for US vs rest of the world, since that’s rare these days. 

I don’t think that’ll happen though but it wouldn’t be a bad idea to target the different tastes and demographics, given how huge the album is globally.

mhh i think she changed idea after Red success and when everything about pandemic have gone better and she got the news about a tour (so releasing the TVersions in more years during the tour). Probably speak now was planned at the time to come on first half of 2022.

I don't think she ever had the idea to release SN just 3 months after a new official studio album, that successfull or not, so no change in the plans. 

Edited by vale9001

10 hours ago, timothymincer said:

I already bought a sweater, tell us what you’re not telling us

There are merch to buy and it's not sold out. If you buy it she gets more money. Please do.

It’s kinda crazy that Midnight Rain is just barely behind Lavender Haze in streams. I’m not sure about it being a radio single but I really hope she gives it a video, it can be something really simple that conveys the mood. 

9 minutes ago, Teneo said:

There are merch to buy and it's not sold out. If you buy it she gets more money. Please do.

Don't! If you want to give her money buy several copies of Midnights. Only if you live in the US, otherwise we don't care.

What’s the gap between Bad Bunny and Taylor for January? She has been #1 for the last two days, she must stand a chance 

8 minutes ago, Squall said:

What’s the gap between Bad Bunny and Taylor for January? She has been #1 for the last two days, she must stand a chance 

He has ahead by like 20 million.

~10 million or so at the end of the month

Edited by simmnfierzig

6 minutes ago, Squall said:

Taylor will end up behind him with like 5M streams this month.

Nice update except Evermore and Fearless TV. Most female albums have gone down this week.

25 minutes ago, Squall said:

19.8M with two days remaining, so no chance this month.

3 hours ago, Arrows said:

lol no... it was obviously about her turning 33, but also we know how cryptic she is with the easter eggs and March 3rd is a friday which a good enough gap after Midnights and right before the tour, so it made total sense...

3 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

19.8M with two days remaining, so no chance this month.

I knew that the gap would be really small at the end, but still... damn...

on the bright the side, looking at the current trajectory of the last two weeks, she has a high chance of winning february and march too even if she doesn't release since the tour will give her a boost. All that IF he doesn't release anything.

1 minute ago, Michael196 said:

I knew that the gap would be really small at the end, but still... damn...

on the bright the side, looking at the current trajectory of the last two weeks, she has a high chance of winning february and march too even if she doesn't release since the tour will give her a boost. All that IF he doesn't release anything.

That country MAGA is releasing an album with 36 songs. He may dominate March.