Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

1 hour ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

Is something happening with Hits Different?

rumor has it that it's coming soon (next week or the week after)

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

8 hours ago, Michael196 said:

First album by anyone to spend the first 14 weeks in the top 2 of the bb200 since 1989 (15).

only the second album by a woman (Sour) to generate 100M+ spotify streams in the first 14 weeks

Week 10: 107.2M

Week 11: 114.5M (+7%)

Week 12: 113.3M (-1%)

Week 13: 107.5M (-5%)

Week 14: 107.2M (-0.2%)

+

Week 14v15:

Friday- 16.16v17.46 (+8%)

Saturday- 15.09v15.39 (+2%)

for anyone who thinks about questioning the stability again... :sistrens:

So people were actively trying to trash Midnights' longevity on streaming when it has been performing on par with SOUR so far? :redface:

And it looks like it should get at least a 15th week above 100M. 

I wonder if the tour boost will be enough for the album to rebound above 100M after it inevitably fall below 100M between next week and the tour start. 

8 hours ago, Michael196 said:

First album by anyone to spend the first 14 weeks in the top 2 of the bb200 since 1989 (15).

only the second album by a woman (Sour) to generate 100M+ spotify streams in the first 14 weeks

Week 10: 107.2M

Week 11: 114.5M (+7%)

Week 12: 113.3M (-1%)

Week 13: 107.5M (-5%)

Week 14: 107.2M (-0.2%)

+

Week 14v15:

Friday- 16.16v17.46 (+8%)

Saturday- 15.09v15.39 (+2%)

for anyone who thinks about questioning the stability again... :sistrens:

And each day we are closer to the Tour. Just 40 more days of fighting alone.

Someone on Twitter posted SOUR’s streams after day 100:

FnsLe1waIAAV_HZ?format=jpg&name=large

I mean, Midnights is extremely stable and doesn’t seem to want to budge from doing 15M+ daily. With the tour and any possible promotions coming up, I actually think it’ll pull bigger numbers starting in a couple weeks (compared to SOUR at the same point). And that is… absolutely nuts. No amount of “but Midnights has more tracks” or whatever excuses can change how insane this is :jonny: she’s 17 years into her career and on her 10th album and that album is doing on par with the biggest female streaming album of all time, which was released by a newer Gen Z act. Mind you, Midnights has only one proper smash and the second single is… not doing much. It’s almost unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, MardinBeksloy said:

rumor has it that it's coming soon (next week or the week after)

Oh cool. Where’d that rumour  start? 

46 minutes ago, Klein said:

So people were actively trying to trash Midnights' longevity on streaming when it has been performing on par with SOUR so far? :redface:

And it looks like it should get at least a 15th week above 100M. 

I wonder if the tour boost will be enough for the album to rebound above 100M after it inevitably fall below 100M between next week and the tour start. 

Well "over 100M" could mean anything. Idk where SOUR was in week 14. Think I read it was over 100M for 22 weeks, but cant find it right now

13 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I mean, Midnights is extremely stable and doesn’t seem to want to budge from doing 15M+ daily. With the tour and any possible promotions coming up, I actually think it’ll pull bigger numbers starting in a couple weeks (compared to SOUR at the same point). And that is… absolutely nuts. No amount of “but Midnights has more tracks” or whatever excuses can change how insane this is :jonny: she’s 17 years into her career and on her 10th album and that album is doing on par with the biggest female streaming album of all time, which was released by a newer Gen Z act. Mind you, Midnights has only one proper smash and the second single is… not doing much. It’s almost unbelievable. 

I'd be really happy if it's doing 13.8M in its 140 day just like Sour. 

16 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Oh thanks. Hadnt seen anything from SOUR in forever.

So SOUR is doing ~2M more right now, but yeah Midnights shouldnt drop as much in the coming weeks. Hopefully

Thats exciting :celestial5:

6 minutes ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

Oh cool. Where’d that rumour  start? 

Well I saw it in the OTH base, but I think they got it from...

:hoetenks:

It's also really impressive how she is closing in on Bad Bunny even on Saturday. They only had a 0.8M difference this week. It was 3.1M last week and 4.4M the week before (obviously this week was boosted by the release of LH MV). 

Edited by Klein

1 hour ago, Klein said:

It's also really impressive how she is closing in on Bad Bunny even on Saturday. They only had a 0.8M difference this week. It was 3.1M last week and 4.4M the week before (obviously this week was boosted by the release of LH MV). 

It's a very good sign but it's due to Bad Bunny's decrease more than anything.

Bad Bunny on this month's Saturdays:

Jan. 7: 54.2M

Jan. 14: 50.9M

Jan. 21: 51.5M

Jan. 28: 49.6M

Taylor:

Jan. 7: 48.8M

Jan. 14: 46.5M

Jan. 21: 48.4M

Jan. 28: 48.8M

12 minutes ago, Taylor Sniffs said:

Threadworthy holy **** :jonny5:

18 minutes ago, By the Water said:

:clap3:

INSANE longevity. I hope it manages 20 weeks in the top 10. That would be awesome

3 hours ago, Taylor Sniffs said:

Wow, this is massive. Considering the biggest names in the industry right now (Bad Bunny, Drake, The Weeknd...) are almost entirely focused on streaming and the other great pure seller, Adele, is not doing amazing, I wonder how many time will take until someone does this again. Maybe Harry or Olivia with a massive era.

2 hours ago, Bonicap said:

Wow, this is massive. Considering the biggest names in the industry right now (Bad Bunny, Drake, The Weeknd...) are almost entirely focused on streaming and the other great pure seller, Adele, is not doing amazing, I wonder how many time will take until someone does this again. Maybe Harry or Olivia with a massive era.

I don’t think Harry or Olivia have anywhere close to this pull, although Harry is undoubtedly the second biggest vinyl seller of today behind Taylor. I feel very confident Taylor will do this again with TS11 (assuming it has a similar proper release to Midnights), and no one else. At least for a long time.

Morgan Wallen is releasing an album with 36 songs in March :rip: Goodbye YEC #1 :'( 

3 hours ago, IBeMe said:

INSANE longevity. I hope it manages 20 weeks in the top 10. That would be awesome

I don't think so with the album BOMB coming from that country guy, but she did what she had to do. Anti-Hero the smash that you are. :jonny6:

3AM physicals better be coming next month now that Maga Wallen is threatening, or shes never coming back to #1

k7Mwwax.gif

13 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

3AM physicals better be coming next month now that Maga Wallen is threatening, or shes never coming back to #1

k7Mwwax.gif

My god 2 top 10 spots will be PERMANENTLY occupied by his 2 albums :rip:
k7Mwwax.gif

Edited by TaylenaStan

3rd March perfect date for Speak Now TV cancelled

k7Mwwax.gif

huh? :lakitu: Isn't it too late to be in talks?

Edited by Gork