Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

3 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Cardigan had terrible callouts, I’ve doubts with August doing something on radio.

I think august is a lot more radio friendly. For one thing it doesn’t change the words of every single chorus lol. So it’s got melody and lyrics that can get stuck in your head! I don’t think it would become a #1 for her or anything but I’d just love a way to revitalize folklore years down the line and with this trend of releasing old songs as singles, folklore is her album that deserved a full eras worth. (Cardigan summer into fall - exile (fall into winter) - the 1 (winter into spring) - august (spring into summer)) have been amazing)

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

LAST CHANCE TO VOTE!!!

On 1/20/2023 at 12:33 AM, Michael196 said:

TOP 3

2. Maroon

5. You're On Your Own, Kid

14. The Great War

TS10TH & FINAL ROUND

RANK THE FINAL THREE

+10

+8

+5

6 hours ago, Klein said:

Yes. 

Does this Artist 100 chart count towards points towards the Billboard awards/Year end charts for Top Artist? 

10 hours ago, PopA911 said:

the way this forum needs to cling on to something when Taylor loses because she NEVER does, so her not being nominated for an Oscar is a reason to make that shameful thread :deadbanana4:

OT: midnight rain is the best song on Midnights :gaycat2:

That thread is such a disappointment because the OP used to be cool with Taylor (and even some Swifties I felt like), but for some reason for the past few months they’ve been hardcore serving OTH and being just plain nasty. 

27 minutes ago, Rican said:

Does this Artist 100 chart count towards points towards the Billboard awards/Year end charts for Top Artist? 

No, for year-end charts they count Hot100, Billboard200 and Touring data. You never know who could smash this year, but it looks promising for Taylor with the Eras Tour and her catalog's performance.

littlebodybigheart

i wouldn’t mind a pop album entirely produced by aaron. would’ve, could’ve, should’ve and the great war are amazing!

7 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

WVCVSV who?! 

WAIT THE WAY YOU JUST SENT MY INNER DEMONS TO WAR WITH EACH OTHER I- :deadvision:

I was gonna say “why not both??” and then I found this tiktok and realized they sound TERRIBLE on top of each other. why is the good sis going off so hard??? :skull:

Edited by youreyesgocold

Not Dear John slander in this thread :deadbanana2:

It’s in my top 5 Taylor songs ever :deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, 1989 said:

That thread is such a disappointment because the OP used to be cool with Taylor (and even some Swifties I felt like), but for some reason for the past few months they’ve been hardcore serving OTH and being just plain nasty. 

ATRL as a whole has turned on her again since Midnights (outside of just OTHs) because she’s absolutely demolishing on a level no one else can. All they can do is mass organize for forum polls, since nothing will stop her from being the biggest artist in the world  :dies:

And on that note, she’s thankfully still more beloved than ever in the real world and by the GP. Just see Facebook and TikTok comments; they post clips of her vocals there and they always go viral (sometimes millions of likes) and everyone acts like she’s the second coming of Whitney - among lots of other things. But obviously it’s very noticeable that the people who loudly hate her are coming back out of the woodworks since her success as of late is on a threatening level again. So really it just means Midnights has brought her back to being untouchable without any shadow of a doubt :gaycat4:

tldr Midnights AOTD :clap3: 

Dear John is forced into the same category as Last Kiss and All Too Well but it’s definitely the ugly sister. Too whiny, vocals too nasal, it drags for too long, etc. last kiss shits on it easily 

3 hours ago, Bonicap said:

No, for year-end charts they count Hot100, Billboard200 and Touring data. You never know who could smash this year, but it looks promising for Taylor with the Eras Tour and her catalog's performance.

Do you (or anyone else) know if the Artist 100 counts touring data? I couldn’t find something or someone to tell me a concrete answer. I want to assume so, but I noticed she only ruled for 1 week in 2018 despite the massive tour. Obviously, back then Drake and some others were smashing hard and the tour alone may not have been able to push her past 1 week, but it made me question it…

Honestly wonder how many weeks she can get to by the end of 2023. If tour counts, she releases two more re-recordings, and Midnights obviously continues smashing - I could quite honestly see her reaching 100 weeks. She’s already past 60 now and it seems like she’s kind of parked on top of the Artist 100 even when other acts are smashing because her catalogue is unmatched. 

5 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

ATRL as a whole has turned on her again since Midnights (outside of just OTHs) because she’s absolutely demolishing on a level no one else can. All they can do is mass organize for forum polls, since nothing will stop her from being the biggest artist in the world  :dies:

And on that note, she’s thankfully still more beloved than ever in the real world and by the GP. Just see Facebook and TikTok comments; they post clips of her vocals there and they always go viral (sometimes millions of likes) and everyone acts like she’s the second coming of Whitney - among lots of other things. But obviously it’s very noticeable that the people who loudly hate her are coming back out of the woodworks since her success as of late is on a threatening level again. So really it just means Midnights has brought her back to being untouchable without any shadow of a doubt :gaycat4:

tldr Midnights AOTD :clap3: 

Oh of course, I fully agree with everything you said. Taylor is quite literally operating on a level that previously only Madonna has occupied and that bothers some, especially since for the longest time it was said that no other female artist could ever reach Madonna’s level. Now that Taylor has, it’s definitely got some fuming. :gaycat2:

11 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Do you (or anyone else) know if the Artist 100 counts touring data?

No, it doesn't. The rank is based in "album and track sales, radio airplay audience impressions and streaming activity data from online sources, all compiled by Luminate".

1 hour ago, 1989 said:

Oh of course, I fully agree with everything you said. Taylor is quite literally operating on a level that previously only Madonna has occupied and that bothers some, especially since for the longest time it was said that no other female artist could ever reach Madonna’s level. Now that Taylor has, it’s definitely got some fuming. :gaycat2:

I will always maintain the belief that it bothers people so much that Taylor is on that level because she’s doing it despite being quite ’normal’ in comparison to Madonna, or some of the divas of that era. She’s got the massive star power but is also very personable and relatable at times, so she has both. It’s kind of crazy to see someone without a huge diva / mysterious / provocative persona be on the level of some of the biggest stars ever. ATRL and Twitter will stay on her neck about how she’s not iconic enough or is basic, or she’s not enough of a diva so she’s boring. But in the real world that’s just why she’s so successful. She makes music that is good and actually worthwhile and people can also identify with it, all without having some kind of odd persona that turns people off. Truly amazing :jonny5: 

(And I love a good larger than life star like Madonna, but it’s just really interesting to see someone who’s very much the polar opposite succeeding in the same way)

1 hour ago, Bonicap said:

No, it doesn't. The rank is based in "album and track sales, radio airplay audience impressions and streaming activity data from online sources, all compiled by Luminate".

Thank you!

That’s unfortunate, she’d basically have every week this Spring and Summer locked if it did count. Either way though, I suspect the boost to her catalogue and Midnights (plus more TVs) will be enough for her to still get a bunch of weeks. I remember how she spent 36(?) weeks at #1 during the 1989 era and then barely went to #1 for the following few years, so it’s crazy for her to be dominating the summit again and making sure her reign is untouchable.

The disdain with which she says Taylor's name :gaycat7:.

"Are you a fan senator Blackburn?"

"Absolutely" :deadbanana4: she was literally seething :bibliahh:.

I wonder what the "take something to capital hill" lady thinks about this:gaycat3:.

Edited by Cleanromantic

27 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I will always maintain the belief that it bothers people so much that Taylor is on that level because she’s doing it despite being quite ’normal’ in comparison to Madonna, or some of the divas of that era. She’s got the massive star power but is also very personable and relatable at times, so she has both. It’s kind of crazy to see someone without a huge diva / mysterious / provocative persona be on the level of some of the biggest stars ever. ATRL and Twitter will stay on her neck about how she’s not iconic enough or is basic, or she’s not enough of a diva so she’s boring. But in the real world that’s just why she’s so successful. She makes music that is good and actually worthwhile and people can also identify with it, all without having some kind of odd persona that turns people off. Truly amazing :jonny5: 

(And I love a good larger than life star like Madonna, but it’s just really interesting to see someone who’s very much the polar opposite succeeding in the same way)

All of this. :clap3:

I also think it’s funny when ATRL hits back at Swifties for making the (valid) comparison of Taylor’s career heights and impact to those of Madonna’s by trying to discredit them and saying that because Taylor hasn’t followed Madonna’s blueprint, she can’t reach that level. :rip: Taylor doesn’t need to be a carbon copy of artists of that stature to compete on the same level. Actually, the fact that Taylor has carved out her own lane only helps the argument that she’s as big (or will soon be) as the all time greats. The Beatles and Madonna didn’t get to where they are by copying; how many Madonna wannabes have we seen come and go? :cupid: Taylor’s on that level because she’s managed to get there by doing her own thing, and as you said, being quite relatable to a lot of people. 

Not even sure if I worded this correctly, but I feel like people will understand my point. 

Edited by 1989

Taylor is definitely on a completely different level from her peers. An ATRL poll won't change that.

She really went from barely being in the top 10 most streamed female artists to going head to head with Bad Bunny the absolute King of Spotify :deadbanana4: 17 years into her career mind you

Pink just announced 21 tour dates in Europe from June-July 2023. :jonny3: 
Taylor when, queen?

4 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Pink just announced 21 tour dates in Europe from June-July 2023. :jonny3: 
Taylor when, queen?

now until this fall obviously :cupid:

Howl dawn, Midnight Rain lyric video has 20 million views, more than Lavender Haze by 4 mil. :jonnycat:

The GP has spoken!!!

Edited by mael

2 minutes ago, mael said:

Howl dawn, Midnight Rain lyric video has 20 million views, more than Lavender Haze by 4 mil. :jonnycat:

The GP has spoken!!!

Midnight Rain is the bigger song in the Philippines, which is one of the few countries that still listens to music on YT occasionally, that explains the difference.

EDIT: never mind.

Edited by Enrique523

9 hours ago, Bonicap said:

That makes very little sense that it wouldnt be the same :celestial5:

Have never looked into it, but always assumed it is.

Wasnt touring added pretty late to the year end artist.

Perhaps they added it to the weekly chart too and just never mentioned it

Edited by simmnfierzig