Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

Just an fyi she does not have to rerecord stuff to perform it. That was an empty legal threat back then that hinged on the fact that she wasn’t legally allowed to rerecord yet, so therefore the live performance counts as a rerecording. It wouldn’t have held up in court but still would’ve been an annoying hassle if they hadn’t let up. They can’t do anything now though.

I do think doing SB to finish the rerecordings era would be best though.

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

It doesn’t make sense for her to headline Superbowl 57 next year. She WILL try to headline SUPERBOWL 58 by 2024 tho cause duh, 5+8 =13

Just like how she won big last 58th Grammys.

12 minutes ago, Sprawl said:

When are we expecting the tour announcement :johnald:

The Reputation Stadium Tour’s dates came out three days after the album’s release iirc, I’m expecting a similar announcement for this one 

My perfect scenario is she attends the AMAs (Nov 20th) and announces it there when she wins Artist of the Year (likely unless BTS is nommed or Harry fans go way harder for him), with the presale coming at midnight that night. The general sale can happen around her birthday. But also might be good to have tour announced before the album.

Hmm i think it'd be ideal to do the Super Bowl when all TVs are out, which they probably wont until 2025 at this point... or maybe she has them  hoarded and cant release them cause of legal reasons OR simply didnt want to release them because of Midnights

But since it seems Midnights will be another 1-week era maybe we'll get Speak Now around March, 1989 in summer and then Mixtape + Rep in late 2023/early 2024 :redface:

Then all of her albums top 50 in Super Bowl week :jonny4:

OT: Cant wait for the next meltdowns in a day when we get another song title

11 minutes ago, lenchen. said:

???

They tweeted similar stuff about Ariana Grande and Harry Styles so that tweet does not mean anything lol 

30 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

My perfect scenario is she attends the AMAs (Nov 20th) and announces it there when she wins Artist of the Year (likely unless BTS is nommed or Harry fans go way harder for him), with the presale coming at midnight that night. The general sale can happen around her birthday. But also might be good to have tour announced before the album.

Announcing a pre-sale like that would be so chaotic though :biblionny: 

I think a great scenario would be initial dates out October 24th, pre-sale on October 28th, and the general sale on November 4th :gaycat3:

Also, the sooner the European tickets go on sale, the better :biblio:

2 minutes ago, memi stan said:

Is it a pop album? I can’t believe I’m just seeing this now!

Nobody knows yet :gaycat3: 

8 minutes ago, memi stan said:

Is it a pop album? I can’t believe I’m just seeing this now!

Lol, definitely not 

3 hours ago, Feetree said:

WELP Tree shutting it down immediately 

Huh??
Is this for sure?

or is it just "she May Not perform"??

I was looking forward to it tbh :noparty:

I feel like she'll be copying Red TV's release, & only promote it first week, then disappear again.

She might do the single 1 Week in advance, but i don't see her promoting this beyond October.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95248df0ee08961c76e78

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Just an fyi she does not have to rerecord stuff to perform it. That was an empty legal threat back then that hinged on the fact that she wasn’t legally allowed to rerecord yet, so therefore the live performance counts as a rerecording. It wouldn’t have held up in court but still would’ve been an annoying hassle if they hadn’t let up. They can’t do anything now though.

I do think doing SB to finish the rerecordings era would be best though.

It's more so because the SB does wonders for an artists' catalog and it'd be smart to use it to boost the TVs performance. Now that AM is the sponsor for the HTS I'd expect them give her albums a lot of exposure

4 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

I feel like she'll be copying Red TV's release, & only promote it first week, then disappear again.

She might do the single 1 Week in advance, but i don't see her promoting this beyond October.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95248df0ee08961c76e78

She has a stadium tour to sell so I doubt she’s just gonna stay quiet till it begins 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Feetree said:

WELP Tree shutting it down immediately 

Tree worked over time today coming through with tmz and nyp articles too :toofunny2: and now that she’s not in the mood, the iheart intern is going to regret this clownery until the day they die :toofunny2:

Whew to think that Apple Music really bought out Pepsi for the SB HT promo spot, and asked Taylor first. That's POWER.

Damn these lawsuits. If they didn’t hold up the rereleases, we could’ve already had them all by November AND then Taylor would totally perform. 

30 minutes ago, Sprawl said:

well there we have it 

spacer.png

The way i just said this exactly on the last page 
but i mean it makes sense and is obvious! Hopefully in 2024 but if not then in 2025 i fear

Imagine if all of her 10 albums (ignoring the 6 Scooter's versions) go top 20 top 50 in Super Bowl week and the Spotify charts are flooded by her songs :jonny4:

Edited by TaylenaStan

3 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

Speaking of Tree, does anyone remember Paula Erickson. I understand that Paula helped to manage the Red era backlash (which was very vocal online), but Tree had to get her through the Kimye incident, reputation, and Lover. Premium PR indeed :lakitu:

Everything since folklore has been perfect; Midnights will continue the trend :heart2:

What kind of backlash?

5 minutes ago, mercurial high said:

What kind of backlash?

Red era was a constant feed of **** shaming jokes, "Taylor's exes" jokes, just general disdain toward Tay, etc. Nothing that impacted her commercially or at all really, but it was a trying time for Swifties at every corner (what's new). 

• ATRL Moderator

Going through 140+ reports from the last few days and I've noticed the Swifties really dislike each other :psyduck: I've never seen so many reports between Taylor avatars about how much y'all can discuss Reputation