Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

1 minute ago, Michael196 said:

lol no

that's the number of copies not the price...

the lakes vinyl had only 10k copies ww, while this one will have 115k

I know, that's not what I meant

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

1 minute ago, Squall said:

I know, that's not what I meant

yeah sorry I only read your first post and thought you meant that...

and you're right but I'm not complaining...

saw a splatter one and not sure if it's real...

I was so excited to come to the site then I read this thread....damn some people are really never satisfied. She's 17 years in, had a 1 million+ selling album, occupied the entire top 10, etc. Yet some act like she's some flop? I don't get it. It's like if she's not #1 forever then she's tanking.

And how is it a bad thing that she released the long pond thing? It fits the record store day theme better than the 3am version, which will have it's time when it comes.

1 hour ago, Candyboy said:

I was so excited to come to the site then I read this thread....damn some people are really never satisfied. She's 17 years in, had a 1 million+ selling album, occupied the entire top 10, etc. Yet some act like she's some flop? I don't get it. It's like if she's not #1 forever then she's tanking.

And how is it a bad thing that she released the long pond thing? It fits the record store day theme better than the 3am version, which will have it's time when it comes.

I'm so confused that multiple people are upset about what was said. There was nothing that bad :deadbanana4: Certainly nothing close to saying she's flopping

I love discussing numbers and I just said that this week is the worst from Midnights, based on what I thought would happen going into that week. It's still an absolutely incredible week. Going back 4 months I would have laughed in your face if you told me its would be at 3.8M in the US at this point and still doing 57k units and 92 million streams on global Spotify. That's completely insane.

Just really wasnt expecting a sudden 8% weekly drop, when it looked a bit closer to stable.

But maybe you werent talking about me. Just dont know who else said anything remotely negative.

A bit of discussion about Anti-Hero was there, yeah. But again who would have ever thought we would be discussing a not completely insane chance of having a Hot 100 year end #1 :deadbanana4: in 2023 :deadbanana4:

It's all relative and when you are absolutely killing it for 15 straight weeks the baselines change a bit

I know a lot of people like his productions, but I hope she never works with Greg Kurstin. There's something so sterile and unnecessarily glossy with every song he produces, it just turns me off them.

2 hours ago, PerfectSacrifice said:

The way her team puts 0 effort in that tour merch design:rip:

mostly the same design over and over and over.

...anyway, tour's in a month; where is speak now TV, miss swift?

On 2/16/2023 at 11:09 PM, simmnfierzig said:

Nobody had a meltdown and nobody said she is flopping :rip:

Numbers are super fun :coffee:

I wasn't talking about you. I enjoy reading your analysis.

10 hours ago, Squall said:

Midnights is back inside the top 10 in Germany this week: #10 (+1), despite 6 new entries charting above it, the album is smashing so hard there :jonny5:

Can they stop having 739482 new debuts every week so it can return to the top 5 :biblio:

8 hours ago, Candyboy said:

And how is it a bad thing that she released the long pond thing? It fits the record store day theme better than the 3am version, which will have its time when it comes.

Swifties are terminally unsatisfied. Once the hype subsides and her completely unsustainable, earth-shattering numbers turn into more normal numbers, they suddenly get antsy. It’s crazy, because her numbers after 4 months are still bigger than anyone else could pull. Even on Spotify, I could name maybe 5 albums which smashed out of the gate (if that) that were doing more streams after 4 months. I mean, for example, Midnights just surpassed previous record-holder Certified Lover Boy’s 1.5-year streams in 4 months. Yet there are daily meltdowns saying the album is frontloaded and bombing because it’s down to “only” 13 million streams.

And mind you, tour is yet to even start! It’s madness, and very embarrassing for us as a whole fanbase :deadbanana: 

Edited by Holiest Dreams

7 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

I'm so confused that multiple people are upset about what was said. There was nothing that bad :deadbanana4: Certainly nothing close to saying she's flopping

I love discussing numbers and I just said that this week is the worst from Midnights, based on what I thought would happen going into that week. It's still an absolutely incredible week. Going back 4 months I would have laughed in your face if you told me its would be at 3.8M in the US at this point and still doing 57k units and 92 million streams on global Spotify. That's completely insane.

Just really wasnt expecting a sudden 8% weekly drop, when it looked a bit closer to stable.

But maybe you werent talking about me. Just dont know who else said anything remotely negative.

A bit of discussion about Anti-Hero was there, yeah. But again who would have ever thought we would be discussing a not completely insane chance of having a Hot 100 year end #1 :deadbanana4: in 2023 :deadbanana4:

It's all relative and when you are absolutely killing it for 15 straight weeks the baselines change a bit

Idk if they were referring to you but I for one appreciate your posts and chart analysis :giraffe:

And it’s true, there’s a difference between having meltdowns, which I think have subsided in here recently a bit, and just discussing numbers. Twitter fans are another level of insufferable though. This is why it’s kinda almost annoying whenever she smashes so hard bc it sets expectations up a bit too high when they’re obviously unsustainable, but relatively the numbers she’s pulling are still huge. Especially on a global scale. Imagine telling us a year ago that a Taylor Swift album was parked inside the top 3 in most of her major markets + top 10 in most of Europe after FOUR months :deadbanana: 

I feel it's partially because we never see her, we never hear from her so there's not much to discuss besides the numbers. Hopefully she'll start posting some tour stuff now that it's only a month away, but who knows. She's also programmed the Swifties in a way to always expect the next thing and not just be happy with the current thing.

Yeah that she still hasnt even performed Anti-Hero anywhere is crazy

6 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Yeah that she still hasnt even performed Anti-Hero anywhere is crazy

:sistrens:

1 hour ago, Michael196 said:

:sistrens:

still a bit mad she performed Me! everywhere but her only performance of her best lead single in ages is at a random 1975 concert.

12 hours ago, Candyboy said:

:clap3:

I am SO excited for this tour, I haven't experienced a tour of hers as a fan since Red Tour, and I know this is gonna be next level considering it's a career-defining tour and she's performing her best albums (folklore, midnights) :jonny6:

1 hour ago, ariananext said:

I am SO excited for this tour, I haven't experienced a tour of hers as a fan since Red Tour, and I know this is gonna be next level considering it's a career-defining tour and she's performing her best albums (folklore, midnights) :jonny6:

Same here. I can't wait to see what she does production-wise. The Reputation Stadium Tour's production was already so massive I wonder if she'll do even bigger for The Eras Tour. 

But what I am obsessing over is the setlist. I am REALLY excited to see how she'll manage 4 new albums + 2 re-recordings + the old albums all in one concert. I just hope she goes more for the successful deep cuts/fan favourite (Enchanted, Don't Blame Me, august, Cruel Summer etc...) than for the hits only. I can live without IKYWT (unless it's another slay like the 1989 World Tour) and SIO for example. 

And I pray to god that Long Live is the closer. :jonny5:

Edited by Klein

1 hour ago, Klein said:

Same here. I can't wait to see what she does production-wise. The Reputation Stadium Tour's production was already so massive I wonder if she'll do even bigger for The Eras Tour

But what I am obsessing over is the setlist. I am REALLY excited to see how she'll manage 4 new albums + 2 re-recordings + the old albums all in one concert. I just hope she goes more for the successful deep cuts/fan favourite (Enchanted, Don't Blame Me, august, Cruel Summer etc...) than for the hits only. I can live without IKYWT (unless it's another slay like the 1989 World Tour) and SIO for example. 

I hope she will, this is gonna be the highest grossing female tour ever when all is said and done so i hope it's gonna be a massive spectacle. Especially since it's a Greatest Hits tour.

Edited by Enrique523

9 minutes ago, Klein said:

Same here. I can't wait to see what she does production-wise. The Reputation Stadium Tour's production was already so massive I wonder if she'll do even bigger for The Eras Tour. 

Agreed! I'm mostly a fan of folklore and midnights while I don't really care about the vault tracks (excluding ATW 10 MV) so I hope she pays them dust in favour of older album cuts. 

1 hour ago, Squall said:

Did Midnights cross 2M pure sales this week?

Seen multiple tweets about that, so I guess so. It's at least very, very close

1 hour ago, wehavetostan said:

Look at this https://store.taylorswift.com/collections/taylor-swift-the-eras-tour-shop/products/taylor-swift-the-eras-tour-beige-t-shirt

does anyone else think this confirms that the tracklist will change for each city, and each city will get its own album?

Absolutely not

1 hour ago, wehavetostan said:

Look at this https://store.taylorswift.com/collections/taylor-swift-the-eras-tour-shop/products/taylor-swift-the-eras-tour-beige-t-shirt

does anyone else think this confirms that the tracklist will change for each city, and each city will get its own album?

No, it's just listing the cities and the albums. 

they put it on some bigger playlists, but :rip: