Björk: sonic symbolism (podcast)

catsandlabneh

Jesus she’s doing everything right so far this era. It’s so exciting to watch :jonny5:

Queen of using Batabid as background music, like I did during college presentations

She looks great in the new pic too whew

she will have Jiafei make an appearance

Now this is what we need. This will be extremely entertaining and insightful. I'm super excited.

I‘ve been dreaming of this for years :jonny3: so many artists I want to do this, hopefully it‘s long as hell

I’m so excited, can’t come soon enough

I'm very excited for this, as excited as with the new album. 

I love when this legendary artists (Björk, Kate Bush...) get very retrospective with her own works. 

Did she hired the same guy that photoshops Madonnas instagram pictures?  :rip:

Edited by Raptus

First three episodes are out :jonny5:

Debut
Shy, beginner, humility, virgin, beige, silver, mohair, the messenger.

01 Sep 2022 · 50 minutes

Urban, greedy, promiscuity, euphoric, absorb, orange, pink, urban.

01 Sep 2022 · 48 minutes

Homogenic
Warrior, active, volcanic beats , confrontational, icelandic octet, beats, cosmopolitan/icelandic contrast, green, patriotic.

01 Sep 2022 · 46 minutes

https://pod.link/bjork

A certain song gets dragged in the Post episode we love to hear that :fan:

1 hour ago, BOAZ said:

I'm very curious. 

Time to play all the three episodes, excited! 

4 hours ago, BOAZ said:

Just heard the entire episode and didn't find what you mentioned. 

Mind elaborate, please? 

listening right now, barely understand her but i'm enjoying it so far!

5 minutes ago, Roger said:

Just heard the entire episode and didn't find what you mentioned. 

Mind elaborate, please? 

nah i was messing around it's just that she refers to It's oh So Quiet as a "joke" and "ridicolous song" and it made me giggle, they didn't even used a snippet from it in the background as all the other songs

:fan:

Just listened to the first episode. It’s magical hearing her speak about her life. :chick3:

I don't think she dragged it per se, since everytime IOSQ was released she would call it the "joke" song, because it was a internal joke between the members of the debut tour, they would sing it everyday before the show

I'm just about to hear the first episode, so excited!

1 hour ago, BOAZ said:

Hide contents

nah i was messing around it's just that she refers to It's oh So Quiet as a "joke" and "ridicolous song" and it made me giggle, they didn't even used a snippet from it in the background as all the other songs

:fan:

Oh I see haha really thought I would hear her actually dragging one of her songs. (I'm happy she didn't tho lol) 

48 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

I don't think she dragged it per se, since everytime IOSQ was released she would call it the "joke" song, because it was a internal joke between the members of the debut tour, they would sing it everyday before the show

I'm just about to hear the first episode, so excited!

Didn't know she would sing that with her crew back in during the debut era tour. 

14 minutes ago, Roger said:

Oh I see haha really thought I would hear her actually dragging one of her songs. (I'm happy she didn't tho lol) 

Didn't know she would sing that with her crew back in during the debut era tour. 

I think they would play a vinyl record called Jazz Divas or something like that, and IOSQ was their favorite track

1 hour ago, Von said:

Just listened to the first episode. It’s magical hearing her speak about her life. :chick3:

right?? this is much more of an autobiography narrated with music than I thought it would be! :heart2:

lowkey interested in how she will reminisce over Vespertine considering what had inspired it and the breakup. I think she's going chronological but imagine the emotional punch of a double Vespertine/Vulnicura episode !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.