The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, renewed for S2

Hephaestus

Ok, I was gonna say how after the Ellie and Joel scenes in the beginning, I kind of stopped paying attention.

Glad I'm not the only one that that kind of felt like tonight's episode was slow.

I'll probably give it a rewatch though because I really don't have a clue what the second half was even about :deadbanana2:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

I feel like tonight's episode was perfectly paced after how emotional last week's was I dunno. I haven't played the first game in so long I didn't know who Sam and Henry were until I googled but if it sticks to the source material whew....

That was such a great episode. It reminded me so much of the games. One of my favourite things from the games was just seeing Joel and Ellie explore and talk together, so this was perfect. I was dying at the diarrhoea joke at the end and seeing Joel and Ellie both laughing at it. They’ve been nailing this show so far.

I can’t wait to see more from Sam and Henry as their part of the game was one of my favourites.

I hope that the UK airing is brought forward as I don’t want to have to wait until Monday to watch, if it’s being aired on Friday in America we should hopefully get it on Saturday morning. 🤞🏻  

I wish people would stop referring to episodes they personally find boring as ‘filler’ :rip:

How was this episode filler when it had a lot of character development between the two main characters?

- Joel opening up more to Ellie

- Joel giving Ellie her own gun 

- Ellie telling the audience that she’s killed before

- You found out why Tommy and Joel aren’t together anymore and the part Marlene played in it (which was only briefly mentioned in episode 1) 

- Sam and Henry have now been introduced 

- Ellie now has her book of puns, which was a pretty pivotal moment in the game as she’d tell Joel jokes to break up tension after big action sequences 

Considering The Last of Us has always been about human relationships, they did a great job this episode of showing Joel and Ellie beginning to bond. You have to remember that he wanted to shoot her in episode 2 and he’s now laughing at her dumb jokes. Character development is not filler.  

How the hell is this episode considered "filler"? I swear some of you just like to throw that word around.

" Episode 3 is a filler there's no character  development with the leads! "

And then we get that in episode 4 and then some important character introduction yet there's still a "filler" criticism. Make it make sense.

The Last Of Us, is first and foremost an intimate character-driven story. Joel and Ellie's relationship is specifically the soul of the story, always has been, just like with TLOU part two, and it's what made the game special. I'm happy that the show is handling that focal aspect of the game with serious care.

5 minutes ago, FailSafe said:

How the hell is this episode considered "filler"? I swear some of you just like to throw that word around.

And then we get that in episode 4 and then some important character introduction yet there's still a "filler" criticism. Make it make sense.

The Last Of Us, is first and foremost an intimate character-driven story. Joel and Ellie's relationship is specifically the soul of the story, always has been, just like with TLOU part two, and it's what made the game special. I'm happy that the show is handling that focal aspect of the game with serious care.

This could potentially be my favourite episode yet as it’s the one that reminded me the most of what I loved about the games, which is the relationship between Joel and Ellie. You can also tell it was a calm before the storm type of story and that things will get more intense next week, which is exactly how it felt during certain sections of the game.

I wasn’t sure if they were going to bring Ellie’s book of puns into the show, but I’m so glad that they did as it was one of the things that really made her personality shine in the first game and reminded you that she was still only young. 

1 hour ago, Wrecked said:

I wish people would stop referring to episodes they personally find boring as ‘filler’ :rip:

How was this episode filler when it had a lot of character development between the two main characters?

- You found out why Tommy and Joel aren’t together anymore and the part Marlene played in it (which was only briefly mentioned in episode 1) 

- Ellie now has her book of puns, which was a pretty pivotal moment in the game as she’d tell Joel jokes to break up tension after big action sequences 

Considering The Last of Us has always been about human relationships, they did a great job this episode of showing Joel and Ellie beginning to bond. You have to remember that he wanted to shoot her in episode 2 and he’s now laughing at her dumb jokes. Character development is not filler.  

18 minutes ago, FailSafe said:

This :clap3:

I think episode 3 set the bar too high, but this was a good episode. Plus I love Melanie, I hope her character sticks around for a bit, given how quickly everyone dies on the show lol 

My only question is, where are all the zombies? it seems like there's barely any of them left 

finally watched Episode 3 after being hesitant to have an emotional breakdown and the way I was WEEPING and SCOFFING.. I couldn't keep it together. it was perfect. the way I thought Billy died that night of the attack only for them to be old and wrinkly and die peacefully in each other's arms... and then the perfect acting from Nick and Murray; so tender, so emotional, so resonant. 

Episode 4 was good. I like the way Ellie & Joel's companionship keeps growing and Melanie Lynskey slayed her scenes :clap3: 

I'm happy Episode 5 will be released 2 days early, the wait won't feel nearly as long. 

4 hours ago, Wrecked said:

Yeah I was a bit worried in Episode 3 cause they still basically hated each other, I was worried if they'd be able to build up a relationship between Joel and Ellie by the end. But this episode was great for that character development 

rewatched ep 4 and I changed my mind saying it was a filler episode. You all are right. I enjoyed the moments between Joel and Ellie, especially the ending scene.

Another great episode. Love the bonding between them.

Not people expecting emotional rollercoaster/ action packed each episodes :rip:

Just now, Wrecked said:

Homophobes - OUT

Talent and acclaim - IN

spacer.png

STOMP STOMP STOMP

spacer.png

Oh wow! :clap3: I think it's going to do even better on episode 5 now that it'll be released 2 days earlier on Friday. :clap3: 

9 hours ago, Rainy Devil said:

Episode 4 was pretty good. Idk why some say it was filler. I honestly liked it. :rip:

If this is filler what is episode 3 that talks about 2 dead characters that add nothing to the main narrative? :deadbanana2:

edit: This reminded me so much of the games. Joel and Ellie getting closer was what we needed right now and it finally happened. You can tell they mixed up some scenes but it was always impossible to be faithful to the game 100%. It's also obvious this is is part 1 of a bigger arc. 

Episode 5 will have all the action apparently.

Edited by tiagol88

6 minutes ago, NicoleAMatty said:

STOMP STOMP STOMP

spacer.png

Somebody needs to thread it! 

spacer.png

This was a great breather of an ep :cm: It really did a lot of great work to deepen Joel and Ellie's relationship and the moments ripped straight from the game were great.

Feel like they're really setting up for an explosive ep5 i was kinda gagged by the preview

the bloaterrrrrrrrrr omg

I loved this episode and I think it was important and needed because as great as E3 was, it kind of took us away from Joel/Ellie, and their relationship is the heart and soul of this story afterall.

This was probably the first episode where their relationship felt like the main focus. In E1 they only just met, in E2 it's more about Tess and Joel's relationship and the sacrifice she has to make, and then E3 is only bookended with Joel/Ellie scenes. I thought it was risky to take a pause on developing the main characters and their relationship in only the 3rd episode, although it was definitely a risk that paid off.

3 hours ago, Wrecked said:

Homophobes - OUT

Talent and acclaim - IN

spacer.png

The gays brought the controversy :jonny:

homophobes want more gay sex scenes :clap3:

Ep 4 was def the weakest, but served it's purpose. That Kathleen character. :rip: 

I can't take her seriously with that naggy voice :bibliahh:, it's like seeing what happens to Karens during an apocalypse. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.