• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

Wow this was beautiful :'( at first I wasn’t sure about the fact that Bill is gonna be dead by the time Ellie and Joel get to his town because I really wanted to see them bicker but this is so much better for TV. I’m glad they gave them an amazing backstory. Btw for anyone thinking this is sad if you think about it they had a better ending and life than 99% of tlou characters. Not sure if this makes people feel worse or better :toofunny3:

This episode broke me :cries:

I fully agree with the choice to change it from the game. Bill is such a depressing character in the game, yeah his banter with Ellie is fun but his life is so sad. You can tell Neil wanted to give this character a better story. I don't think you can even call it "bury your gays" because they were old and died on their own terms rather than simply dying to service the arcs of straight characters or to give some allegorical lesson about homophobia. 

Plus really Bill's function in the plot is 1: the battery and 2: to force Joel to think about Tess's death. The show still managed to achieve that. This is the dealing with loss part of the story, Joel and Ellie still went through that in the show. 

1 hour ago, emailmyhearts said:

Wow this was beautiful :'( at first I wasn’t sure about the fact that Bill is gonna be dead by the time Ellie and Joel get to his town because I really wanted to see them bicker but this is so much better for TV. I’m glad they gave them an amazing backstory. Btw for anyone thinking this is sad if you think about it they had a better ending and life than 99% of tlou characters. Not sure if this makes people feel worse or better :toofunny3:

Yes, they lived like 15-20 years together alone with all the amenities and entire town for themselves :bibliahh: 

plus they didn’t have a painful death, they died in peace at home :giraffe::heart2:

this was heartbreakingly brillant, i haven't sobbed like that at anything (literally anything) in such a long time.

the critics were right :clap3:

4 hours ago, bjorn said:

IMDB

Ep 1 - 9.2

Ep 2 - 9.3

Ep 3 - 8.4

Really?? I mean this is just trolling at this point

Actual homophobia at work bc this was the best episode by far

I don’t think a single episode of TV has effected me as much since Black Mirrors San Junipero. I spent the entire episode sobbing.

Exceptional television. I’m truly floored. 

5 hours ago, Tropical said:

That was one of the most unexpected, beautiful and moving episodes of television I've seen in a very long time. Probably since one of those absolutely legendary mid-series episodes of Game of Thrones when those long built up and developed moments were paid off.

Game of Thrones never once pulled off level of emotion or quality for me. 

I’m gonna say this was the best episode of television since the Six Feet Under finale almost 20 years ago. 

The greatest piece of television I think :weeps: The way I was moved to tears 

3 minutes ago, Desire said:

The greatest piece of television I think :weeps: The way I was moved to tears 

I’m sorry but :bibliahh:

1 minute ago, Walk_Away21 said:

I’m sorry but :bibliahh:

Name a story that was wrapped up in just an hour that not only showed beginning to end but also made people emotional for characters they just met. I'll wait :cm: 

And the condescending response to my comment isn't cute when everyone else is also stanning this episode and basically saying the same thing I am :biblio: it's giving tryhard 

It was an ok episode. Very different from the game's version of events. A little bit boring and cliche. 

And people calling it "the greatest piece of TV show" clearly haven't watched too many shows. Just stop. :deadbanana:

2 hours ago, Joyride said:

why is Murray Bartlett always SO good

Brilliant performance from him. This episode is definitely gonna get nominations. 

people calling this episode a filler don't understand that side characters and a subplot can progress themes from the main plot. bill's letter to joel is literally the catalyst that leads to joel's character arc.

80764815_ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).thumb.gi

Excellent excellent episode, I truly loved it

it was also quite refreshing to have a bit of a different arc to the games but that does lead to the same purpose. I kept being afraid we were gonna see them break up :chick3:

The 1/10 reviews are now shown 

Spoiler

“Political propaganda”

”Love story and had nothing to do with the game” 

“I’m so disappointed I feel physically sick”

“Political correctness propaganda”

“Disgusting sexual scenes”

”pushing non related ideas down our throat”

the way the homophobes LOST 

Just incredible. This was simply extraordinary and one of the best episodes of television ever. 

My poor heart... 

I'm straight but damn the whole episode is sad, heartbreaking and beautiful

trisha-crying.gif

2 hours ago, Dystopian said:

people calling this episode a filler don't understand that side characters and a subplot can progress themes from the main plot. bill's letter to joel is literally the catalyst that leads to joel's character arc.

80764815_ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).thumb.gi

Louder, please :clap3:

45 minutes ago, bjorn said:

The 1/10 reviews are now shown 

Hide contents

“Political propaganda”

”Love story and had nothing to do with the game” 

“I’m so disappointed I feel physically sick”

“Political correctness propaganda”

“Disgusting sexual scenes”

”pushing non related ideas down our throat”

the way the homophobes LOST 

Fume more, losers! :laugh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.