• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

1 hour ago, publikcitizen said:
  Hide contents

Yikes. Then what’s the point of it all? Lol

Spoiler

The story was more about the relationship between Joel and Ellie than anything else. The journey was more interesting / important than the destination. It’s also one of those endings where you have to decide how you feel about it. I personally like that she didn’t die, as I love their relationship together. 

I’m so glad I’ve been renewed for another season. 😅

In all seriousness though, I can’t wait for more of this journey. 

Kinda weird they didn't renew a a Season 2 & 3 together. There's no way Part II can be adapted in one season without really hindering the story. 

52 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Kinda weird they didn't renew a a Season 2 & 3 together. There's no way Part II can be adapted in one season without really hindering the story. 

It’s already been confirmed that if they were to adapt Part II it’d be more than one season, but they don’t need multiple season renewals right this second. 

Yeah since S2 could really tank in viewership if some story decisions taken in the game are rejected by the audience. So I guess they're cautious with that.

Curious who will they cast as Abby.

And also how they will translate the violent nature of Part II. They can take fights & gore and all that stuff easy with S1 cause it's not integral to the story - but the brutal violence of Part II makes it what it is. 

I think it would be interesting if S2 doesn’t go directly to Part II, instead covering the period between the end of Part I and the beginning of Part II. I think there’s the potential for a lot of interesting story there. Plus it would be new content for everyone, including people who have played the games.

The way this show has convinced me to get a PS5 and start playing the game 💀💀💀

I love it, it’s entertaining but it’s kinda predictable like without knowing the plot or games on 1x01 I thought yeah it’s going to turn out that the girl is immune and then on 1x02 I was like so I’m sure they’re taking that lady to the hospital or government because she’s the best doctor and then when the other lady disappeared while fighting at the museum I was like she’s gonna reveal that she got bitten.

But it’s ok, simple and entertaining with good quality.

Yawn at the concerns and complaints about Part 2 getting adapted.. hope they don't change anything at all to appease softies and crybabies. 

Let's go Abby

8 hours ago, geddymonster said:

I think it would be interesting if S2 doesn’t go directly to Part II, instead covering the period between the end of Part I and the beginning of Part II. I think there’s the potential for a lot of interesting story there. Plus it would be new content for everyone, including people who have played the games.

I would love this. I feel like even tho part 2 had more going on most of the ideas were only touched on like the Scars, the WLF, Rattlers so they could definitely expand on those but at its core its basically just a revenge mission that isn't particularly original and for those that have played the games and know the end result the journey needs to be worth it. So I'd love to see more inbetween those periods, I'd also love to see more of Maria and the Jackson community. It's a typical trope but from the original stuff they've already added to the show I don't think tropes are beneath them. So I always wondered if Jackson was ever attacked by bandits and how their community would deal with a major threat, there's plenty of potential.

12 hours ago, NicoleAMatty said:

we all knew this was coming, but :clap3:

Ofndbbsbs :duca:  :duca:  Part 2??? 

So happy it's renewed for S2

Edited by botnus

Some theories about episode 3

Spoiler

Neil said Bill's story will "stray" the furthest compare to the game (or something along those lines). So perhaps Bill dies before Ellie and Joel get to him. The stills we get for ep 3 don't have present Joel and/or Ellie together with Bill; and it seems that there will be a lot of flashbacks for this episode so that's how they might explain the coded songs. Episode 1 ends with the radio playing an 80s song so maybe that's Bill's distress signal that the infected reached his place; and that Frank is currently the one alive, instead of him (and he may unfortunately die, too)

Edited by FailSafe

2 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

Brie Larson is perfect to play Abby (and yes, I want to see the world burn too why you'd ask)

They should get the real one

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

3 hours ago, FailSafe said:

Reveal hidden contents

Neil said Bill's story will "stray" the furthest compare to the game (or something along those lines). So perhaps Bill dies before Ellie and Joel get to him. The stills we get for ep 3 don't have present Joel and/or Ellie together with Bill; and it seems that there will be a lot of flashbacks for this episode so that's how they might explain the coded songs. Episode 1 ends with the radio playing an 80s song so maybe that's Bill's distress signal that the infected reached his place; and that Frank is currently the one alive, instead of him (and he may unfortunately die, too)

I fear you’re right and I hate it. Ellie & Bill’s banter was a highlight of the first game for me.

Plus I want the scene of her reading the magazines in the car :toofunny3:

19 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

Brie Larson is perfect to play Abby (and yes, I want to see the world burn too why you'd ask)

Yeah, a 33 year old actress would be great playing a 20 year old. :rip:

18 hours ago, FailSafe said:

Reveal hidden contents

Shaking, crying and throwing up already! 

I'm gonna faint in 12 hours. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.