The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, renewed for S2

Hephaestus

19 hours ago, boys said:

I'm new to the Last of Us so everything to me is new when I watch it in these episodes. Sarah and now Tess? I'm not happy :chick3:

19 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Um..just prepare yourself sis 

Yeah, these episodes are going to look like a Disney show for kids when you see what's to come.

KYtBoeg.gif

---

I'm in awe of the setting and how much attention to detail they put into the environments, it looks exactly like the games. The clickers/museum scene was really well done. Anna Torv was brilliant, but she probably wouldn't have shone so much if they kept her character/Tess for longer than they needed to.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

whew the full ep was great! Love the change in who attacks at the end,  ****'s death was a moment and the fungal connection to the other infected was really cool, this show is such an entire moment!:clap3:

I really love this show. They are doing the game justice. Episode 2 was even more interesting than episode 1. The cold openings and game differences are great decisions. I'm floored at how many sets are identical to the game levels. So excited for the next episode.

I wish I was enjoying Ellie more. I just don't know about her casting. My opinion isn't about her looks. It's her awkward delivery. Her expressionless face. Her lisp and quieter voice is so unlike game Ellie. I really want her to grow on me.

Edited by ks_dollar

Episode 1 was much better imo. I hope they cut the non-funny dad jokes. This episode was a snooze fest and highly predictable 

I love this show so much, HBO has been delivering lately with this and White Lotus. They better not **** it up with JLT S2.

I like Ellie's casting more than Joel's. Even though they're both fantastic, Bella is really giving me Ellie with her mannerisms. Pedro looks closer to his character than Bella, but his tone sounds like it's an octave higher than Joel and something feels a tiny bit off. It's nitpicky, but specifically that part in ep1 when he was lying on the couch and Ellie was asking what she should do to kill time. He sounds younger than how Joel's old ass should be. :rip: 

It's also obvious they're setting the tone for Part II so we don't get backlash for Season 2. :-*

Edited by Starshine

The only thing I don’t like so far is the mushroom vines replacing the spores. I get that it was probably easier to do for TV, but I find it much less convincing. It’s serving “The Host” by Stephanie Meyer.

I don't know how to feel about tendrils. Right now I would have just preferred spores but maybe in the future they'll do something exciting with them and I'll change my mind but the concept feels generic and I'm not sure about the zombies having these sci-fi like special abilities. I liked the idea of them just being predators, the extra fantasy stuff actually make them less scary for me but we'll see. But yeah overall great episode my main issues just came from tendrils and the changes made at the end of the episode feeling like every other tv/movie in the zombie genre. I wish when they made changes they didn't just feel like something i've seen before, like rather then the changes actually adding something new and exciting, I always seem to feel like oh i've seen this trope before.

The thing I loved sm about TLOU was its ability to tell grounded and moving stories within this world, so I'm very excited for episode 3.

Can we have a 3 episode miniseries about the outbreak in Indonesia starring the QUEEN they featured during the cold open? PLEASE?!

5 hours ago, ks_dollar said:

I really love this show. They are doing the game justice. Episode 2 was even more interesting than episode 1. The cold openings and game differences are great decisions. I'm floored at how many sets are identical to the game levels. So excited for the next episode.

I wish I was enjoying Ellie more. I just don't know about her casting. My opinion isn't about her looks. It's her awkward delivery. Her expressionless face. Her lisp and quieter voice is so unlike game Ellie. I really want her to grow on me.

Agree on all points! Love the openers so far and how they are building the backstory. And I liked the change re: Tess's death. I thought having the military come after them at that point would feel convoluted, so I like the simplification there.

And unfortunately, I agree re: Ellie :gaycat7: It might be because I just played the game for the first time last year, but Ellie feels like such a specific, nuanced character in my mind with a lot of emotional range (whereas Joel is mostly just gruff for 90% of the game :rip:), and Bella is not giving that character for me. I'm not a fan of this nastier Ellie, who lacks the innocence that made game Ellie so endearing. I knew there was an issue when she was so gleeful at seeing Joel beat up the guard and ep 2 was more of the same for me.

12 minutes ago, HabbGaga said:

I don't know how to feel about tendrils. Right now I would have just preferred spores but maybe in the future they'll do something exciting with them and I'll change my mind but the concept feels generic and I'm not sure about the zombies having these sci-fi like special abilities. I liked the idea of them just being predators, the extra fantasy stuff actually make them less scary for me but we'll see. But yeah overall great episode my main issues just came from tendrils and the changes made at the end of the episode feeling like every other tv/movie in the zombie genre. I wish when they made changes they didn't just feel like something i've seen before, like rather then the changes actually adding something new and exciting, I always seem to feel like oh i've seen this trope before.

The thing I loved sm about TLOU was its ability to tell grounded and moving stories within this world, so I'm very excited for episode 3.

Did you watch the BTS clip after the episode? They both agreed spores wouldn't translate (and make no sense) so instead went with a fungi-like system a little more based off of real eco systems.

Anyways, disagree about the infected with more sci-fi leanings as well. We've seen story driven standard zombies - TWD did it for over a decade. The different variations of infected will keep it from getting stale. Clickers already slayed. :ducky:

2 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Agree on all points! Love the openers so far and how they are building the backstory. And I liked the change re: Tess's death. I thought having the military come after them at that point would feel convoluted, so I like the simplification there.

And unfortunately, I agree re: Ellie :gaycat7: It might be because I just played the game for the first time last year, but Ellie feels like such a specific, nuanced character in my mind with a lot of emotional range (whereas Joel is mostly just gruff for 90% of the game :rip:), and Bella is not giving that character for me. I'm not a fan of this nastier Ellie, who lacks the innocence that made game Ellie so endearing. I knew there was an issue when she was so gleeful at seeing Joel beat up the guard and ep 2 was more of the same for me.

I think they're prepping the character for S2.

I have no doubt they'll start giving her a more likable arc here soon. Yeah I agree she doesn't come off as instantly likable as the game.

16 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

Did you watch the BTS clip after the episode? They both agreed spores wouldn't translate (and make no sense) so instead went with a fungi-like system a little more based off of real eco systems.

Anyways, disagree about the infected with more sci-fi leanings as well. We've seen story driven standard zombies - TWD did it for over a decade. The different variations of infected will keep it from getting stale. Clickers already slayed. :ducky:

I haven't watched the BTS clip but I will.

I'm down to be proven wrong about the tendrils but its just how I feel right now.

Spoiler

that tess death scene was certainly a choice. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Margaux

Major spoilers from both games:

Spoiler

I wonder if they are going to use the beginning of TLOU2 with Joel being killed as the finale for the first season. 

Bella Ramsey is doing amazing. She’s capturing Ellie in the best possible way. 

1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

Hide contents

I wonder if they are going to use the beginning of TLOU2 with Joel being killed as the finale for the first season. 

I feel like that would be a little too fast paced and the massacre alone already has that shock value. I could see it being like ep3 of S2. I wonder if they'll show off Abby at the end of this season and flip some time of events so it makes Joel's death more justified.

5 hours ago, QueenBLadyG said:

Can we have a 3 episode miniseries about the outbreak in Indonesia starring the QUEEN they featured during the cold open? PLEASE?!

Yess! She was everything

3 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

Hide contents

At this pace, there is no way S1 covers the entirety of the first game. It will probably cover the first two in game seasons, then S2 will be winter + left behind.

18 minutes ago, Blue. said:

At this pace, there is no way S1 covers the entirety of the first game. It will probably cover the first two in game seasons, then S2 will be winter + left behind.

Hope so but looking at the the games chapters we are already at Bills Town next episode. Theres 10 chapters and 9 episodes. Final episode might be the two last chapters together. Hope I’m wrong because I’d like a few seasons out of this game 

Game chapters 

23 minutes ago, Blue. said:

Judging by the trailer, both winter and Left Behind will be covered in S1 :matty:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.