The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, renewed for S2

Hephaestus

That was another fantastic episode. 

Bella is such a strong Ellie, she’s really nailed that character. I was cackling when they wouldn’t give her a gun so she said she’d have to throw a sandwich instead. :gaycat6:

Everything about this episode just felt so ridiculously TLOU, in the best way possible. I can’t wait for the next episode which is apparently an incredible piece of television. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

37 minutes ago, Ciel said:

Oh I would love for this to happen!! I wanted to have an encounter with them in the game SO bad, I was fuming when I realized that weren't even around anymore. 

That’s one of the things that’s going to be so great about this television adaption. It’s like the stuff with Jakarta, that wouldn’t have fit into the narrative of the game but makes complete sense in a television format. I am loving all of this new backstory we’re getting. 

Edited by Wrecked

2 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

I completely understand why they didn’t use spores and I actually think it plays out creepier in the show with the way the infected are like a giant spider web. 

25 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Neil Druckmann did an amazing job directing this episode by the way. Is there anything he can’t do? :jonny:

He’s also such a daddy. Looks and talent? Take me! :WAP:

eek Anna Torv was lowkey the best from the cast. she elevates anything she's in, she's that good.

I'm enjoying the show for what it is but we've had such a overdose of post-apocalyptic living dead movies/tv shows in the past decade that this feels too much been there, done that.

The entire scene at the end of E02 just did not work for me. The reveal of the bite fell flat, their reactions fell flat, her death fell flat. E03 is supposedly a highlight so let's see. Everybody was praising the show for sticking tightly to the game's script and now they're changing stuff left and right unnecessarily. We'll see. I'm lowering hopes tbh.

Yeah I still think they wasted Torv. Could've been more impactful for her to go out in the next one. 

one thing I was NOT expecting was how annoying the character of Ellie is :deadbanana4:

I've never played or watched the games, but from what friends told me, I always imagined her as a somewhat lovable character. I'm not getting that in the show at all.

nothing against Bella's acting. the writing just makes her so insufferable

1 minute ago, Lost In Paradise said:

one thing I was NOT expecting was how annoying the character of Ellie is :deadbanana4:

I've never played or watched the games, but from what friends told me, I always imagined her as a somewhat lovable character. I'm not getting that in the show at all.

nothing against Bella's acting. the writing just makes her so insufferable

She's like that in the game. She's supposed to be this smart ass, annoying teenager. So she fits Ellies personality to the tea. 

2 minutes ago, bjorn said:

She's like that in the game. She's supposed to be this smart ass, annoying teenager. So she fits Ellies personality to the tea. 

Tbh she's a tad more cockier and annoying in the show. 

5.7M viewers for episode 2 on Sunday night, up 22% from the premiere!

Episode 1 at 18M total :duca:

Edited by BNF91

22 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

5.7M viewers for episode 2 on Sunday night, up 22% from the premiere!

Episode 1 at 18M total :duca:

The nearly 22% increase over Episode 1 is the largest week 2 audience growth for an HBO Original drama series in HBO's history

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/the-last-of-us-episode-2-ratings-viewers-1235499252/

:clap3:

I liked the episode, just can't get enough of these apocaliptic shows. Pedro Pascal is just ugh, what a fine ass man.

9 hours ago, Wrecked said:

Bella is such a strong Ellie, she’s really nailed that character. I was cackling when they wouldn’t give her a gun so she said she’d have to throw a sandwich instead. :gaycat6:

i agree. a lot of people have been against her, and yeah she doesn't really look the part in the face but her line delivery and comedic timing is perfect for ellie.

6 minutes ago, Dystopian said:

i agree. a lot of people have been against her, and yeah she doesn't really look the part in the face but her line delivery and comedic timing is perfect for ellie.

A lot of the hate comes from a really disturbing place because so many people found Ellie attractive in the first game and used to say such perverted **** about her, even though she was 14 years old. Pedro doesn’t look like Joel either, but he’s great in the role. Him and Bella have both embodied those characters perfectly to me and also brought something new to the table. It doesn’t feel like they’re just emulating the game. 

All of these memes on Twitter about the show is making me miss having an account :gaycat6:

cold open of ep 2 already has me gagged, what a f!cking show omg 

Edited by WildAmerican

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.