The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, renewed for S2

Hephaestus

I can’t get over how beautiful the poster is. January isn’t far away at all, I was worried it was going to come late next year. 

Show of the year etc… :giraffe:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

Meh

Still hoping the show will deliver but those trailers are lackluster

I actually wanted to cry when watching the trailer. My favourite game looks like it’s about to become my favourite TV series. It looks fantastic in every sense of the word. 

It looks stunning, HBO has another HIT on their hands. 

I'm still not feeling the Ellie casting, but the VA's for Joel and Ellie being in the show is cool.

Henry and Sam tho :cries: he is a so much younger in the show.

4 minutes ago, noonbob said:

I'm still not feeling the Ellie casting, but the VA's for Joel and Ellie being in the show is cool.

Yeah, Joel and Ellie's casting is not it, but we have to deal with it. So happy they included the voice actors though, their performance helped to shape the absolute classic that The Last of Us is.

I'm so hyped this story is going to reach much more people now that it's coming out of the PlayStation bubble and there's literally no better network than HBO for this type of content.

The Bloater's reveal at the end was kinda unnecessary though, I wish they kept it secret like they did for the game.

Well, there goes the chance of having Ashley for Part II Older Ellie.

it could go either way but it looks good. i think pedro and ellie look like they are doing a great job. seeing henry and sam got me a tad emotional. im really intrigued by the new additions. im excited to see bill and franks story fleshed out more and i really like murray bartlett so thats a win, also melanie lynskey. i love that the actress who played marlene in the game is playing her in this bc she was perfect. ashley being ellies mum here was a great touch. she brought this character to life in the games and now shes giving life to the tv version ellie.

I have a feeling the first few, maybe like 3 seasons of this will deliver QUALITY and then it’ll just become filler like so many shows unfortunately do. 

Please give us quality over quantity. This looks so promising.

9 hours ago, P!nk said:

I have a feeling the first few, maybe like 3 seasons of this will deliver QUALITY and then it’ll just become filler like so many shows unfortunately do. 

Please give us quality over quantity. This looks so promising.

It seems like the case because Naughty Dog is serving George R R Martin with how slow they are world building The Last of Us.

Like Part I in 2013 and Part II in 2020. :deadbanana: Sony's best IP though, anyone can fight me on that and idc how many more copies Ragnorok sells! :clownny:

Edited by Starshine

I gotta be honest: the trailers do not look good to me. Pedro is a good actor, but not cute. Lyanna is the last actress that should've been cast for Ellie, and idk... it just don't look good to me. Can someone in here that's salivating at the trailers please tell me what you're excited about so I can get pumped too? Cuz I don't get it lol

Just got a confirmation on the press screening, Jan 11 baby here we go! :duca: 

48 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Just got a confirmation on the press screening, Jan 11 baby here we go! :duca: 

Whew, I'll be waiting for your early comments on it. Loved when you did it for HotD :jonny:

2 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Whew, I'll be waiting for your early comments on it. Loved when you did it for HotD :jonny:

:heart2:

9 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

She does not fit the role of ellie....

I don't like it, she feels very miscast on the role :doc:

On 12/5/2022 at 2:19 AM, Scarlett Witch said:

Pedro is a good actor, but not cute. 

See what we ain't gonna do here is lie

• 4 weeks later...

I can’t believe how close we’re getting to this being out. Show of the decade is coming. :bird:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.