General & Casual Politics Thread

Espresso

General & Casual Politics Thread

UPDATED APRIL 2023

Feel free to post here with anything politics-related globally and not having to do with the U.S. 2024 Presidential Election, which will go in the other thread. Thank you.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• Bears01

• Kassi

Love this thread. It’ll likely be my new home as I highlight all the good things Democrats are doing and weirdo actions Republicans are taking.

Never had a desire to debate reality. It just came with the territory in the other thread. :gaycat1:

Other than news posts, what types of posts are allowed? I'm guessing that any political discussion is alright as long as it doesn't incite hateful arguments (like the COVID and Ukraine megathreads)?

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Jotham said:

Other than news posts, what types of posts are allowed? I'm guessing that any political discussion is alright as long as it doesn't incite hateful arguments (like the COVID and Ukraine megathreads)?

Light conversation. Sharing of polls, recent news, and discussion of election results. If a conversation becomes a bit more heated and longwinded, we would prefr you do that in the Debates Welcome thread(s). For now, we’re still trying to work out a clear distinction between this thread and the others. But, we just know there is an interest from some members to casually and intermittently discuss politics without having intense debate. While other members might want to flesh out their views and opinions with more meat—while welcoming back and forth. 

Hope that is helpful.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:20 AM, Espresso said:

:deadbanana2:

The way it's a quarter-inch worm anyway :toofunny3:

• ATRL Moderator
13 hours ago, Jotham said:

Are non-US political topics allowed in this thread?

Yes.

Gonna try posting here more now. I've been very busy with my personal life lately so I haven't been as active as I'd hoped.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.