Björk - 'Fossora'

Sia

17 hours ago, Pendulum said:

I'm not sure what to think of the gabber description? it's so random :confused: her Dutch era 

This is what gabber is for those unfamiliar

This is basically Pluto?

11 hours ago, Invisibility said:

Hooves?? She's about to debut her furry/faun/mythological creature era, plus I'm intrigued that the overarching theme seems to be v earthly and related to fungi. The Guardian photoshoot alone already hints at it with the Amanita-esque print of her look. Ahhhh I'm excited!

It's funny because the The Guardian picture is giving Chromatica to me, while the album cover's description leads me to imagine her as a fairy mole hybrid, some glowy star-nosed nymph bïtch.

OT: I'm ready!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• catsandlabneh

• mellenthin

• FlyPirate

• RT Air

Can the album cover just leak already :jonny4: I can’t wait to see the new addition to this legendary streak

2olgc2i11ci51.jpg

This needs to be more like Biophilia/Vulnicura and less like Utopia

2 minutes ago, HausOfGerard said:

Or more like anything from before Volta. :bam:

5 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Yes please.

I'm just so happy she's not wearing those Vulnicura/Utopia masks in her recent photoshoot. 

1 hour ago, The7thStranger said:

It's called being realistic here, that will never happen

the real question tho: will this thread

be as iconic as the Utopia one? :jonny: 

Selfishly hoping this comes out on October 7th. So many girls are releasing on the 14th and then CRJ on the 21st.

Sheesh, October would be stacked. Reminds me of October 2016 all over again

16 hours ago, RT Air said:

Can the album cover just leak already :jonny4: I can’t wait to see the new addition to this legendary streak

2olgc2i11ci51.jpg

The fact that all 9 of those covers just make sense when they are together is wild to me….

The description of the cover and the sound makes me think of music synthesized using the bioelectricity from mushrooms, if and of you've ever heard if before. The clarinet reminds me of a deep dark woodsy sound (compared to the light flute), and the dancey gabber sound reminds me of the high energy sounds produced by the mushrooms. I wonder if that's an influence? Given that Utopia was an exploration of re-entering the world of courting through a long form metaphor of birds and mating calls, I don't think it's unrealistic to say her album reflecting on a solitary but silently high energy time would use a similar metaphor.

Did we catch this detail btw?

The artist also revealed that her new tracks were mostly around the 80-90 beats per minute mark because that is the speed she walks at.

Source: https://www.nme.com/news/music/bjork-reveals-that-her-name-album-is-called-fossora-3293921

For reference, Army of Me is 86 BPM :jonny5:

20 hours ago, HausOfGerard said:

I'm hoping for a Medulla + Vulnicura hybrid of some sort.

But tbh y'all need to stop trashing Utopia, it's great and the Courtship - Sue Me - Losss sequence is one of the best 123 punches in her discography :johnald:

1 hour ago, Jooj said:

But tbh y'all need to stop trashing Utopia, it's great and the Courtship - Sue Me - Losss sequence is one of the best 123 punches in her discography :johnald:

Courtship is pants :mandown: But Losss onwards the album is flaw-free :alexz:

Arisen My Senses, Future Forever and Sue Me (or Losss) is the top 3 on Flutopia

38 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

Arisen My Senses, Body Memory and Losss is the top 3 on Hitopia

fixed! :chick1:

1 minute ago, FlyPirate said:

fixed! :chick1:

I like Body MemoRIH! It's just not my favorite. It's one of the listenable songs from Whotopia. 

I became a Little Björkster in October 2017 just before Utopia came out and now I can’t wait for my 2nd era as a stan :duca:

Losss

Sue Me 

Arisen My Senses

Are amazing songs, but sadly they have poor mixing. 

I miss the way the songs were mixed prior Biophilia. 

I hope she announces the details tomorrow or on Wednesday with the single at the latest