Golden Hit: Season 2 πŸ“€ Congratulations Hug! πŸ†

Aurora

Whew I really didn't know if I was gonna get this in this week but I got there in the end. Was a whole lot of changing and ideas not sticking but hopefully you guys enjoy it! :lakitu:Β 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Hug

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I didn't mean to double post-got a 503. :jonny:

Edited by Jack!

4 hours ago, Achilles. said:

Yall are actually writing?

Yes take a note from your fave kingΒ 

Β 

4BB7BDC2-B642-42E8-870D-664CE654897F.thuΒ 

I feel like my entry will be a bit of a stretch from my animal of choice but oh well :thing:Β 

I think I struggled with this more than any of the challenges from the first seasonΒ :dies:

18 minutes ago, Augmented said:

I think I struggled with this more than any of the challenges from the first seasonΒ :dies:

Oh no :deadbanana:Β that definitely wasn't our invention with it. Actually, we put it as the first challenge because we thought it would be easier. I hope you connect with the next challenge more, it should be a fun one I thinkΒ :gaycattel:

Yeah i didnt like this challenge either. I literally forced myself to write the song. Oh well.

2 minutes ago, beatinglikeadrum said:

Yeah i didnt like this challenge either. I literally forced myself to write the song. Oh well.

Β panned!Β :dies:

Ugh almost done I guess.Β  Imagery and metaphors have never been my strong suit.Β  I'm way too obvious/in your face about my topics :deadbanana2:

Β 

But I love the idea of the song so that's all that matters :heart:Β 

A quick rundown of the schedule and what will happen next, for anybody who hasn’t played before:

Β 

- We will start reading and writing feedback for each submission and any early reviews of the entries will be posted starting from Friday, and will be posted over the weekend by each of the judges (myself, @Aurora, @8thPrinceΒ and @Jackson). Aside from reviewing we will also individually score each song, and the scores will be added up and averaged for the round.

- The second challenge will be posted on Saturday (the deadline will again be Thursday 11:59PM eastern time).

- Results for the first round will be posted on Sunday (will announce the time beforehand).

Β 

And the cycle will continue like that.Β 

Β 

:bird:

NNNNN not y'all hating it.

Β 

I didn't mind it! Was a biT broad of a topic but I mean that was nice about it being a first challenge so we can kinda do whatever we want and are inspired byΒ 

Β 

Β 

-----

Β 

Sent in my Bubbling Under HIT

Β 

In my mind it is a club track with a deep bass and semi spoken word with the melody only being between 3-4 notes

Mayyy try to record it with some basic piano cause I love the concept just not the executionΒ 

23 minutes ago, fountain said:

Β panned!Β :dies:

Oh i know THAT.Β :rip:

6 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

NNNNN not y'all hating it.

Β 

I didn't mind it! Was a biT broad of a topic but I mean that was nice about it being a first challenge so we can kinda do whatever we want and are inspired byΒ 

Β 

Β 

-----

Β 

Sent in my Bubbling Under HIT

Β 

In my mind it is a club track with a deep bass and semi spoken word with the melody only being between 3-4 notes

Mayyy try to record it with some basic piano cause I love the concept just not the executionΒ 

It will be at least Top 40.Β :giraffe:

this challenge was actually one of the worst I've ever seen in history

Β 

Β 

jk it was cute :keir:Β I don't really get the hate!

Β 

Β 

also I might be a little late :fan:Β but I should submit before midnight PST :fan:

23 minutes ago, Remmy said:

also I might be a little late :fan:Β but I should submit before midnight PST :fan:

A few hours is fine and doesn't really make a difference, but hopefully we can avoid any substantially late entries this seasonΒ :fan:

6 minutes ago, fountain said:

A few hours is fine and doesn't really make a difference, but hopefully we can avoid any substantially late entries this seasonΒ :fan:

period :gaycat2:Β the only way I'd ever be substantially late is if I'm down bad or I passed out shortly before the deadline

IDK I thought it was cool! Though I also get the feeling of there being so many directions that it's nearly a free round which can make it hard.

Β 

I loved my idea I came up with and I think this is already stronger than most of what I sent in GH1 so I'm feeling great about myself :)

Well I wrote… something. It is a song, ostensibly. It has words with a certain rhythm in a certain structure, there’s certainly no denying that…

Β 

Β 

Β 

But yeah, put me on the list of people who did not care for this challenge. Animal songs. I feel like they’ve either all been done or else aren’t worth doing. :michael:

Very tired, but I sent! Happy with how (most) of the entry turned out :heart2:Β 

1. Tell us a little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

My Name is Cameron but you can call me Cam for short, I recently turned 22, My pronouns are He/Him. Im a Virgo. I love listening to music!

Β 

2. What is your previous experience with songwriting?

I love writing. It’s been my passion since I was child, I didn’t start songwriting until I got to high-school around my junior year. I love storytelling.

Β 

3. Who are your favourite artists, songwriters, and/or both?

Some of my favorite songwriters are Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, BjΓΆrk, Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morrisette, Kacey Musgraves, Norah Jones, Lady Gaga, BeyoncΓ©, Lana Del Rey, Joni Mitchell, Diane Warren,& Babyface.

4. What are your favourite lyrics, and the best written songs in your opinion?

Some of my favorite written songs.

When I Saw You β€” Mariah Carey

Stonemilker β€” BjΓΆrk

Caged Bird β€” Alicia Keys

Blue β€” Joni Mitchell

Beautiful Stranger β€” Madonna

Always Remember Us This Way β€” Lady Gaga

My Love, Sweet Love β€” Patti Labelle

The Living Proof β€” Mary J. Blige

Naked β€” Avril LavigneΒ 

Β 

5. What are some of your main sources of creative inspiration?

I love to listen to music of some of the best lyricist in the industry.

6. Lastly, feel free to share some examples of your writing

Balladry/R&B-Soul elements.

oh sh*t i didn’t realize we were already going i’m so sorryΒ :deadbanana4:Β lemme do this real quickΒ 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.