Golden Hit: Season 2 πŸ“€ Congratulations Hug! πŸ†

Aurora

36 minutes ago, Aurora said:

There were too many replies to catch up on and quote or reply to, but we're swiftly approaching the 48 hour mark! If you're still struggling to find inspiration, perhaps try visiting this Random Animal GeneratorΒ website for some unexpected inspiration. You never know what might pique your interest! :matty:

Β 

Good luck!

I got a falcon, but the picture actually showed an alligator, so I guess I will write a song about a falcon and an alligator befriending each other :heart:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Hug

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, fountain said:

I got a falcon, but the picture actually showed an alligator, so I guess I will write a song about a falcon and an alligator befriending each other :heart:

THIS is the song we deserve!

40 minutes ago, fountain said:

37 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

THIS is the song we deserve!

I think there must be a glitch on the website for the first generation, because I got a water buffalo but it showed an alligator and I just thought I was tripping. :deadbanana2:Β Is this a new subgenre? #AlligatorPop

1. Tell us a little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

My name's Joe, he/him, 25, singer/songwriter, possible future budtender, almost done with college lol

Β 

2. What is your previous experience with songwriting?

I've been writing songs since I was 8 years old, and I plan on releasing my fourth EP this December!

Β 

3. Who are your favourite artists, songwriters, and/or both?

Kate Bush, David Bowie, Joanna Newsom, Jeff Buckley, Isaac Brock (Modest Mouse), BjΓΆrk, Lana Del Rey, Marina, etc. (see my sig if you'd like!)

Β 

4. What are your favourite lyrics, and the best written songs in your opinion?

No Good by Perfume Genius

Cloudbusting by Kate Bush

Bury Me with It by Modest Mouse

Siren Song by Bat for Lashes

Last Words by Hospitality

Highly Emotional People by Marina

Alone Again Or by Love...

Β 

5. What are some of your main sources of creative inspiration?

Family dynamics, relationships, mental health, loneliness, disillusionment with society at large, education, existentialism.

Β 

6. Lastly, feel free to share some examples of your writing!

Β 

Still have no ideas, this is going phenomenally!

On 8/22/2022 at 7:03 PM, Aurora said:

Welcome back! Excited to see what you bring to the table this time. :duca:

On 8/22/2022 at 11:02 PM, fountain said:

Yas happy to see you backΒ :hug:

Thank you so much! :jonny5:

Also, I'm almost done with my entry! Taking some inspiration with wolves and birds (at least how the imagery goes)Β :lakitu:

Julia’s behind the song:

spacer.png

Β 

β€œWell… the first song you are gonna see here from me on this new season of Golden Hit is called β€œCrying Birds”. I wrote it because one day I was smoking weedΒ while being sit at the grass of a very lonely park here in my city with a friend and her girlfriend talking high **** while also drinking a ******* beer and starting to get a little bit drunk. Well the thing is that we started to hear the birds β€œsinging”. I put emphasizes on singing because that’s how we see it because while I was high I said β€œwhat if they aren’t singing and they are just screaming for help”. A silence came to us, like an aura of reflection and deep intense thoughts. It was a very cathartic experience. Also it was very curious because that day was a very sunny day but just when I said that reflection the clouds started to appear and the birds started to β€œsing” more louder.
We all associate birds with freedom, because that can fly and things like that but that’s what we suppose how they feel. Like what if they aren’t singing, they are crying, what if they aren’t free and they have invasive thoughts about their lives, what if they don’t fly because they are free but because they want to escape through some bad **** happening to them? We put the birds like they are like a depression free specie but we don’t know if they are as decadent as us. So I came with the idea of it and wrote this song by that perspective. I hope you enjoy this because i put a lot of soul and thought in this and also has helped me a lot to heal a lot of things that I didn’t realized I haven’t heal because I just ignored it.
It’s a song about loss, confusion, emptiness, reflection, heartbreak, hopelessness and the process about the end of something that means the beginning and I think every of that feelings are very well encapsulated on this song so I hope you all like it”.Β 

Β 

Edited by Julia Fox

3 hours ago, XO_Life said:

Well, I've written something. :rip:

I need to change my song title to "Body Make-Up" @Aurora

Edited by XO_Life

People: literally writing poems

Me: wondering if me-be is good enough

Β 

Body Make-Up Explained:Β 

Β 

I was really horrified with the response Amber Heard got from that trail. It doesn't make any sense to me. Yes she had a part in it but not everything was a lie.Β 

Β 

The whole world vilified a woman because she shared her truth about abuse.Β 

Β 

The whole story is where I got my inspiration from, so it is only loosely based on Amber Heard.

2 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

Julia’s behind the song:

spacer.png

Β 

β€œWell… the first song you are gonna see here from me on this new season of Golden Hit is called β€œCrying Birds”. I wrote it because one day I was smoking weedΒ while being sit at the grass of a very lonely park here in my city with a friend and her girlfriend talking high **** while also drinking a ******* beer and starting to get a little bit drunk. Well the thing is that we started to hear the birds β€œsinging”. I put emphasizes on singing because that’s how we see it because while I was high I said β€œwhat if they aren’t singing and they are just screaming for help”. A silence came to us, like an aura of reflection and deep intense thoughts. It was a very cathartic experience. Also it was very curious because that day was a very sunny day but just when I said that reflection the clouds started to appear and the birds started to β€œsing” more louder.
We all associate birds with freedom, because that can fly and things like that but that’s what we suppose how they feel. Like what if they aren’t singing, they are crying, what if they aren’t free and they have invasive thoughts about their lives, what if they don’t fly because they are free but because they want to escape through some bad **** happening to them? We put the birds like they are like a depression free specie but we don’t know if they are as decadent as us. So I came with the idea of it and wrote this song by that perspective. I hope you enjoy this because i put a lot of soul and thought in this and also has helped me a lot to heal a lot of things that I didn’t realized I haven’t heal because I just ignored it.
It’s a song about loss, confusion, emptiness, reflection, heartbreak, hopelessness and the process about the end of something that means the beginning and I think every of that feelings are very well encapsulated on this song so I hope you all like it”.Β 

Β 

A masterpiece in the making. :jonny6:

Β 

1 hour ago, XO_Life said:

I need to change my song title to "Body Make-Up" @Aurora

Noted!

17 hours ago, JoeAg said:

Lastly, feel free to share some examples of your writing!

Β 

Ahh so glad you posted your music again, I love your voice :heart:Β also just realised they are on Apple Music, I will definitely be streaming when the new EP drops!

Β 

Btw that video of you playing the cello(?), omg :jonny5:

9 hours ago, EpicSongFan said:

Thank you so much! :jonny5:

Also, I'm almost done with my entry! Taking some inspiration with wolves and birds (at least how the imagery goes)Β :lakitu:

Ooo intriguing, interested to see how you combine the inspiration of both of these animals.Β 

4 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

Julia’s behind the song:

spacer.png

Β 

Β 

UMMMMMΒ :jonny4:

Β 

queen I am SO here for this! sounds very up my street

3 hours ago, XO_Life said:

Body Make-Up Explained:Β 

Β 

I was really horrified with the response Amber Heard got from that trail. It doesn't make any sense to me. Yes she had a part in it but not everything was a lie.Β 

Β 

The whole world vilified a woman because she shared her truth about abuse.Β 

Β 

The whole story is where I got my inspiration from, so it is only loosely based on Amber Heard.

Ohhh, very interested to see this! :chick2:
Β 

1 hour ago, Temporal said:

I love the one line I have so far :heart:

According to my calculations that is - at least - better than nothing :clap3:

27. camfuckingrockwellΒ :coffee:

17 minutes ago, camfuckingrockwell said:

27. camfuckingrockwellΒ :coffee:

Thank you for signing up! About to post a reminder which I’ll tag you in too, but there’s 24 hours left to submit for this round!

Hey everyone, this is just a quick reminder that there are currently a little over 24 hours left to submit for the first round!

Β 

Big thank you again to everybody who has signed up, myself and the rest of the judges can’t wait to see what you’ve created. :heart:
Β 

If you end up being unable to submit for this round don’t forget that players can join at any point in this game, so you’ll still be able to submit for future rounds!

@EuterpeΒ @Legend EΒ @Jack!Β @RemmyΒ @TruGeminiΒ @TemporalΒ @Achilles.Β @Hooker BarbieΒ @AugmentedΒ @Gavin.Β @AstroΒ @CountryBritneyΒ @FCKNAmbrosiaΒ @JonginBeyΒ @JoeAgΒ @camfuckingrockwell

Β 

:bird:
Β 

Some links that might be useful,

Β 

Submission form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScb6pGJuNozFJGzCan8WZBOFEsXfKQkghtrXFRYD05uFR0TNg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Β 

Countdown to the deadline:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/chinese?iso=20220825T235959&p0=179&msg=Golden+Hit+S2+Round+1+Deadline&font=cursive

Β 

Challenge post:

Β 

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/411781-golden-hit-season-2-?-r1-zoology-pg-4-???-sign-ups-open/?do=findComment&comment=22359141

Β 

Β 

:fan:

Β 

Β 

Not one of the judges being in my document when I was making some quick amendments oop

Put some work in and got a cute amount doneΒ :beatfreak:

Β 

My song is titled...

Freedom In the Fields

Β 

Β 

it might not be what you expected from meΒ :cupid:

Kinda glad I sent when I sent since won't be back on my computer till SundayΒ :jonny2:

Β 

Β 

Yall are actually writing?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.