• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Hug

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on the challenge post now, shouldn't be too far away! Great to see some new and familiar faces already... can't believe we've exceeded 20 sign-ups before the challenge has even been posted! :eek:

6 minutes ago, Jackson said:

1. Julia Fox

2. Euterpe

3. Legend E

4. hurricane326

5. Jack!

6. Remmy

7. Allday

8. TruGemini

9. Temporal

10. Achilles.
11. Hooker Barbie
12. Better Mistakes

13. Augmented

14. XO_Life
15. Gavin.

16. Astro

17. beatinglikeadrum

18. CountryBritney

19. FCKNAmbrosia

20. JonginBey

21. DatChickDoe

22. worldwide angel

the signup list got a little messy - i think this is everyone :foxaylove:

Thank you, I was just about to have a scrape through and fix this - added to OP!

Also, the "Golden Links" section in the second post has been updated too... make sure to relive your favourite moments from the pre-season before S2's first round goes live, approx. 6:30 PM EST!

Emblem-Banner-S2.png

Welcome, writers! It's fantastic to see another amazing turnout for ATRL's newest songwriting tournament, Golden Hit.

This season we're not necessarily striving for bigger and better, just new—new inspiration, new creativity, and new talent!
Additionally, we have a new darker aesthetic with this season's graphics, and a new judging panel. What else is new?

Without further ado, let me introduce you all to the first round of Season 2...

Ribbon-Challenge-S2-R1.png

This challenge is a Golden Hit original... well, mostly! Partially inspired by works from our new judges, 8thPrince and Jackson, the Zoology challenge is all about taking songwriting inspiration from the Animal Kingdom. Almost five years ago to date, Jackson debuted a new songwriting challenge titled the Cryptozoology challenge for Platinum Hit 11, drawing songwriting inspiration from cryptids and a myriad of other mythological beasts. Fast forward to last season, 8thPrince wrote a magnificent song titled "Cephalopods", drawing thought-provoking comparison to these wondrous creatures.

Now you know the why, let me clarify the what: this challenge will focus on songs inspired by an animal of your choice. How you tackle this challenge is completely up to you! Will you write a song inspired by the characteristics of an animal, and use them as a metaphor for something else? Perhaps you might write a personal song about a family pet's life, or draw from more spiritual or religious interpretations of animals and their sacred nature. Should you wish, the original cryptozoology angle linked above is also valid, as long as you select a cryptid as the basis of your songwriting, rather than focusing exclusively on folklore/mythology.

Judge's Tips

📀 While name-dropping your animal of choice in the title or lyrics of your song is fine, try making us connect to its characteristics, rather than reading it!

📀 The Animal Kingdom is vast and extends long before a time when humans roamed planet Earth. Perhaps try taking inspiration from an extinct animal?
📀 There are plenty of hit songs inspired by animals: "Eye of the Tiger", "She Wolf", and "White/Dark Horse" to name a few! Try listening for inspiration.

Songs due via Google Form submission by Thu. Aug 25, 11:59PM EST

fountain and I reviewed our own past works while conceptualising this challenge, and realised we both had achieved #1 hits with songs inspired by animals during different songwriting tournaments! The top three submissions will earn their writers a Hit Token, so make sure to submit for your chance at one of those. If you have not yet signed up for Golden Hit: Season 2, that's fine! Just submit an entry and we'll add you to the sign-ups list.

Emblem-Crest-S2.png

17 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Emblem-Banner-S2.png

Welcome, writers! It's fantastic to see another amazing turnout for ATRL's newest songwriting tournament, Golden Hit.

This season we're not necessarily striving for bigger and better, just new—new inspiration, new creativity, and new talent!
Additionally, we have a new darker aesthetic with this season's graphics, and a new judging panel. What else is new?

Without further ado, let me introduce you all to the first round of Season 2...

Ribbon-Challenge-S2-R1.png

This challenge is a Golden Hit original... well, mostly! Partially inspired by works from our new judges, 8thPrince and Jackson, the Zoology challenge is all about taking songwriting inspiration from the Animal Kingdom. Almost five years ago to date, Jackson debuted a new songwriting challenge titled the Cryptozoology challenge for Platinum Hit 11, drawing songwriting inspiration from cryptids and a myriad of other mythological beasts. Fast forward to last season, 8thPrince wrote a magnificent song titled "Cephalopods", drawing thought-provoking comparison to these wondrous creatures.

Now you know the why, let me clarify the what: this challenge will focus on songs inspired by an animal of your choice. How you tackle this challenge is completely up to you! Will you write a song inspired by the characteristics of an animal, and use them as a metaphor for something else? Perhaps you might write a personal song about a family pet's life, or draw from more spiritual or religious interpretations of animals and their sacred nature. Should you wish, the original cryptozoology angle linked above is also valid, as long as you select a cryptid as the basis of your songwriting, rather than focusing exclusively on folklore/mythology.

Judge's Tips

? While name-dropping your animal of choice in the title or lyrics of your song is fine, try making us connect to its characteristics, rather than reading it!

? The Animal Kingdom is vast and extends long before a time when humans roamed planet Earth. Perhaps try taking inspiration from an extinct animal?
? There are plenty of hit songs inspired by animals: "Eye of the Tiger", "She Wolf", and "White/Dark Horse" to name a few! Try listening for inspiration.

Songs due via Google Form submission by Thu. Aug 25, 11:59PM EST

fountain and I reviewed our own past works while conceptualising this challenge, and realised we both had achieved #1 hits with songs inspired by animals during different songwriting tournaments! The top three submissions will earn their writers a Hit Token, so make sure to submit for your chance at one of those. If you have not yet signed up for Golden Hit: Season 2, that's fine! Just submit an entry and we'll add you to the sign-ups list.

Emblem-Crest-S2.png

The tags stopped working halfway through this post, hopefully these will reach you!

Looking forward to seeing where everybody takes this challenge, there have been many former #1 songs taking inspiration from animals so it’s definitely a great basis for a song :duca:

9 minutes ago, Remmy said:

:hippo:

Spoiler

I’m scared/cautiously anticipating what you could submit for this round with so many NSFW animal metaphors available to you :rip:

I actually wouldn’t be against it in this case because the material is so rich  :dies:

27 minutes ago, fountain said:
  Hide contents

I’m scared/cautiously anticipating what you could submit for this round with so many NSFW animal metaphors available to you :rip:

I actually wouldn’t be against it in this case because the material is so rich  :dies:

ma-mamovie.gif

11 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

Do sea creatures count? :lakitu:

No problem with that, any and all animals are fine, including mythological ones :johnald:

I’m afraid nobody will be topping it. 

just wrote something very ambiguous… I mean its a song that could be interpreted in many ways so I don’t see if this getting acclaim but I’m very happy with it 

1 hour ago, hurricane326 said:

Do ghosts count?

Pleaseeeeeee

I would have to say no… we are looking moreso for something within the animal kingdom, but perhaps if you stretch it you might be able to find something similar in terms of the tone by looking at mythical creatures?

Also, it’s worth saying that just because something ghost themed might not fit in this round, that’s not to say that there wouldn’t be challenges in the future where the idea could be used, so definitely hold on to it!

1 hour ago, Gavin. said:

Time for my Dinosaur by Kesha bop to be written! :katie2:

Queen, actually it would be a serve if somebody went for something so irreverent with one of their songs this season, love that kind of writing!

31 minutes ago, Astro said:

p*ssy is COMING :eli: 

whew I can only imagine :jonny2:

25 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

just wrote something very ambiguous… I mean its a song that could be interpreted in many ways so I don’t see if this getting acclaim but I’m very happy with it 

Ambiguous queen, I would say your writing in general has this kind of open to interpretation level to it, and as usual I’m intrigued to see how it will turn out. Any hints as to which animal you’re going for? :lakitu:

3 hours ago, Euterpe said:

Do sea creatures count? :lakitu:

But of course! 8thPrince's song "Cephalopods" was even mentioned in the challenge post. ?

2 hours ago, hurricane326 said:

Do ghosts count?

Pleaseeeeeee

There's always someone who wants to be a little extra huh? :keir: While definitely leaning into the cryptozoology side of the challenge, I think if you were hell-bent on a ghost angle, it'd have to be an animal ghost rather than the ghost of a person. That said, as fountain hinted in his response, it might be worth keeping this ghost concept up your sleeve... :sleep:

2 hours ago, Gavin. said:

Time for my Dinosaur by Kesha bop to be written! :katie2:

Ugh an underrated classic! An instant 10 if I ever did see one.

1 hour ago, Astro said:

p*ssy is COMING :eli: 

The metaphors write themselves. :jonny5: Ms. Stallion is not safe, I fear!

1 hour ago, Julia Fox said:

Your animal kingdom could mean anything. :matty: We love things up to interpretation!

Inspired by this song :alexz:

my era is coming 

7 minutes ago, Temporal said:

Let's get inspired queers!

let’s bring back temporeba! 

3 hours ago, Temporal said:

Let's get inspired queers!

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

also get into these songs about slaughtered pigs!!!

Conflicted on ideas:

I’ve been listening to ARTPOP a lot lately. I’m ready to debut a sex bop I think but I also have an idea for a song written from a pet’s perspective 

Edited by Better Mistakes

5 hours ago, Remmy said:

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

also get into these songs about slaughtered pigs!!!

3 hours ago, Better Mistakes said:

Conflicted on ideas:

I’ve been listening to ARTPOP a lot lately. I’m ready to debut a sex bop I think but I also have an idea for a song written from a pet’s perspective 

Not these mentions of pigs and ARTPOP yet neither of you posted THIS moment

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.