Rema & Selena Gomez - "Calm Down"

Souvenir

1 hour ago, allisxn said:

but that would chart the week after not this one, so it won't affect CD's new peak on monday. 

I was talking about a #2 or #1 peak in a few weeks 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gerry I Shot

• MALAMENTE

• Souvenir

• Sad Serenade

#2 is probable as long as radio keeps improving 

and the Taylor song doesn’t set it back too much 

This amazing bop having so much longevity in the US and Canada is great to see :heart:

Selena and Rema did THAT :jonny5:

7 hours ago, Stoner said:

Of course Taylor releases new music every time Selena has a chance of getting a new peak. 😒

taylor song will chart next week, our best chance is this week

1 hour ago, Stoner said:

I was talking about a #2 or #1 peak in a few weeks

well, we don't know if it was going to reach #2 and #1 is almost impossible (as of NOW) because LN is still going strong.

Plus this song has survived many releases since last year and look at it, if it stays stable it will survive this one too, and reach a new peak of #2 or #1 next month :coffee2: (wouldn't be surprised because of the amazing longevity this has pulled) 

Edited by allisxn

23 weeks charting in the top 10 in the UK. What a smash hit this is. 

This is predicted to go top 3 on Monday. I had NEVER expected this to become such a smash hit once it was released last year.

Also, I think this is the most competitive work for a Grammy Selena has ever had since It Ain't Me (which was clearly boycotted), so I'm really hoping for a nomination this time.

Insane that it's still gaining two million views daily while not being a Spanish, Indian or K-Pop song 

6 hours ago, Godly said:

Insane that it's still gaining two million views daily while not being a Spanish, Indian or K-Pop song 

Agreed. Music video isn’t great either but whatever it is, I’m glad. 

On 5/26/2023 at 3:43 PM, MALAMENTE said:

23 weeks charting in the top 10 in the UK. What a smash hit this is. 

It kinda sucks that she's not officially billed in the UK Charts

3 hours ago, Fading said:

It kinda sucks that she's not officially billed in the UK Charts

Yeah, but at least there’s receipts to prove it was the remix who got the song there 

this is definitely going to be her biggest hit ever

Literally smashed in Europe in last year and is now taking over Canada/US

It's so crazy to me that this song could be battling for #1 in the upcoming weeks :deadbanana2: definitely wasn't expecting it when it first came out

1 hour ago, jxbuggie said:

https://twitter.com/sgchartupdate/status/1663357957914984448?s=46&t=viNPz76cLV6Vx9cl8EhBZg

Finally available for digital download on  her website :party:

anyone know with tweets don’t link to Atrl anymore?

:clap3:

Now a performance!

3 hours ago, jxbuggie said:

https://twitter.com/sgchartupdate/status/1663357957914984448?s=46&t=viNPz76cLV6Vx9cl8EhBZg

Finally available for digital download on  her website :party:

anyone know with tweets don’t link to Atrl anymore?

This should have been done a week ago 

As long as no one big releases next Friday or a random song goes mega viral out of nowhere, I think it will challenge for #2 two weeks from now, so on its 40th week charting, since the gap between Calm Down and Flowers is getting progressively smaller by the day on every metric - although there's also the possibility that All My Life holds its position for another week if its streaming is great. As it stands #1 is completely out of reach though :laugh:

Depending on how close it'll be those digital downloads could potentially be enough to make a difference so it would have been smarter to hold them back until the start of the next tracking week, but also Selena stans are not organized buyers like other fanbases so I doubt it's gonna have that big of an impact anyway. Maybe they'll make an effort if they see the song is close to a new peak in the early predictions for that week

#3 is already so wild, I'm so happy it's managed to smash this hard everywhere! Hoping for that #2 peak (and possibly on its 40th week :WAP:)

Now I just need it to go #1 on overall radio and maybe top 10 in Australia, but that's already a lost opportunity 

Imagine another #1:heart::jonny5:

I know she is lazy but she could do a cute dance video 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.