Shotgun Wedding | #1 WW on Prime Video | Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Coolidge, Duhamel

insomniac

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• Dabbyy

• CosTaSsSs

• Dark Phoenix

I might see this film on Sunday when we go on our third date

spacer.png

Went on our third date and we were watching this film together and held hands :jonnycat:

Film was very enjoyable, the action was funny and great! Loved both Jennifers in here!! And to my surprise, there were quite a few seats sold, almost half! But we were at the very end so no one could see us holding hands ksksksk

I wish this could have been released on theaters here in Mexico, I’ve already seen some promo on the streets for the movie, perfect timing with Jennifer C. getting praise and going viral, another cute hit.

On 1/16/2023 at 12:05 AM, Bloodflowers. said:

Went on our third date and we were watching this film together and held hands :jonnycat:

Film was very enjoyable, the action was funny and great! Loved both Jennifers in here!! And to my surprise, there were quite a few seats sold, almost half! But we were at the very end so no one could see us holding hands ksksksk

On 1/16/2023 at 6:51 AM, Johnny Jacobs said:

It was a very cute and enjoyable movie! I liked it. 

Glad you two enjoyed the film! I am really excited to see Jennifer Coolidge and J.Lo in scenes together. Can't wait :WAP:

$4.5M so far at the box office, which is ok considering that it only got released in small markets in Asia and Eastern Europe.

3 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

$4.5M so far at the box office, which is ok considering that it only got released in small markets in Asia and Eastern Europe.

I think it’s released yesterday in German markets, which I believe is the largest EU film market. Hopefully it will add some more to that gross. Then it will release on streaming next week in all markets except those where it’s in cinemas.

16 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

reviews coming in. they're...as expected for a romcom. 

Some reason I expect similar to The Lost City since some people were praising it as better. 

Watched it in cinema yesterday. Not great (predictable, cheesy dialogues), but kinda fun. I always had a crush on Josh Duhamel, J.Lo looked great as always and Jennifer Coolidge was hilarious. There were some scenes that only made me laugh because they were so bad tho.

6 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Glad my date and I contributed 11 euros from Croatia :heart:

36% on Rotten Tomatoes :deadbanana4: By this point,  I'd just watch it for fun.

On 1/20/2023 at 5:07 PM, Hector said:

36% on Rotten Tomatoes :deadbanana4: By this point,  I'd just watch it for fun.

Up to 44% with 16 reviews now!! Rise up JLo this is the begging! I’m surprised that critics said that this is worse than Marry Me? From the trailer at least looks more fun and silly but let’s see this next weekend.

On 1/23/2023 at 7:34 AM, Dark Phoenix said:

Up to 44% with 16 reviews now!! Rise up JLo this is the begging! I’m surprised that critics said that this is worse than Marry Me? From the trailer at least looks more fun and silly but let’s see this next weekend.

Agreed! Looks much more fun than Marry Me! Great audience score, though, so people seem to love it.

Out everywhere now. Streaming today!!

RT

43% Critics (44 reviews)

74% Users 

$5.8M WW

#1 on Amazon Prime Video in the US :clap3:

Ridiculous plot,  but a fun watch nonetheless. It's basically a lesser version of The Lost City & Ticket To Paradise.  Miss Coolidge as expected was the comic relief of the movie :clap3:

oh i need to watch this this weekend, seems like the perfect fun and silly film to watch after a long week of work!

It's a great movie 

Some of Jennifer's one liners are hilarious

" You got it into your head that my dad didn't like you so you started acting crazy and weird, now my dad doesn't like you". 😂😂😂

When they go into the hut and she starts eating and asked him if he's hungry, he said no so she rams food into his mouth and says "you are,you have been acting cranky all day".😂😂😂

When she accidentally shoots the gun at her sister then makes her mam and dad apologize to her groom then says if you don't I will shoot you like I just did Caroline 😂😂😂

The grenade when she's holding it and finds out the pins out and it will explode when she lets it go so she says "so what Im going to have to live with it? Is it gonna become part of my life" 😂😂😂

The bit when she jumps of the Arial slide and gets dragged on her Face.😂😂

Also the pirate laid down taking selfies and it shows you the phone up close and he adds a pirate filter to his picture😂😂😂

didn't expect her to curse so much! Loved the bit when shes locked her self in her room eating chips and drinking champagne and toms knocking on her door and she shouts "**** off tom" 😂😂😂

Honestly it was never gonna get rave critical acclaim but it's a great movie and honestly Jennifer was so good to I like the way she was kinda dim lol but her clap backs and one liners throughout the movie had me howling! 

Edited by DanceAgain

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.