Shotgun Wedding | #1 WW on Prime Video | Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Coolidge, Duhamel

insomniac

The trailer was so chaotic and funny, it reminded me of The Lost City but this one is actually funny and looks interesting, sad that it’s being dumped to Prime ?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• Dabbyy

• CosTaSsSs

• Dark Phoenix

11 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

The trailer was so chaotic and funny, it reminded me of The Lost City but this one is actually funny and looks interesting, sad that it’s being dumped to Prime ?

Funnily enough Shotgun Wedding was shot in the Dominican Republic like The Lost City. It was filmed before Bullock’s movie and set to released that same summer in theatres until Prime Video scooped it up for an offer that Lionsgate couldn’t refuse! 

• 2 months later...

This looks funny :ahh:

Ill check it out 

3 hours ago, Dabbyy said:

Loving the new trailer. Looks so messy and hectic, I’m here for it.

Lots of Jennifer Coolidge too :heart:

i'd love to see it in a cinema, looks so much fun !

On 9/24/2022 at 8:46 PM, insomniac said:

So now that we know The Mother release date is set for May 2023, that gives us 3 months between two new J.Lo movies. She’s feeding her fans the first half of the year! 

And a new album, whew this will be OUR year :WAP:

13 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

i'd love to see it in a cinema, looks so much fun !

Some European countries and, I think, India and UAE are getting theatrical releases before it goes on Prime.

12 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

And a new album, whew this will be OUR year :WAP:

Yes, 2023 is gonna be a big year for J.Lo :WAP:

With the way Jennifer C. is peaking now with White Lotus and if the movie is any good I feel like this would have done a cute small bounty on screens, it’s sad that it’s not even getting a limited release Prime dumb! 

14 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Some European countries and, I think, India and UAE are getting theatrical releases before it goes on Prime.

i doubt czechia will be among them but it's nice it also gets release theatrically somewhere.

On 8/10/2022 at 1:42 PM, Sharapov said:

we thought her career would get good again after hustlers but here we are :isudumblmao:

As if it was up to her :laugh:. Sis, no one will risk their big movies by giving them to jlo.

13 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

With the way Jennifer C. is peaking now with White Lotus and if the movie is any good I feel like this would have done a cute small bounty on screens, it’s sad that it’s not even getting a limited release Prime dumb! 

I know! Straight to VOD mostly everywhere. Was supposed to go theatrical via Lionsgate until Prime Video snagged it up as means to broaden their “original film” catalogue. By that time, it was already sold with exclusive theatre rights to some markets like Greece, India and UAE.

13 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

i doubt czechia will be among them but it's nice it also gets release theatrically somewhere.

CZ will get it straight on Prime end of January. 

5 hours ago, A.R.L said:

As if it was up to her :laugh:. Sis, no one will risk their big movies by giving them to jlo.

Uhm Shotgun Wedding has a big budget actually; 60$M, and her Netflix film “Atlas” for 2024 goes over 100$M. She has another Netflix film “The Mother” in May that is high budget.

12 hours ago, insomniac said:

Uhm Shotgun Wedding has a big budget actually; 60$M, and her Netflix film “Atlas” for 2024 goes over 100$M. She has another Netflix film “The Mother” in May that is high budget.

I'm not even talking about budgets here. But the fact that jlo isn't taken as a serious actress because she doesn't have what it takes.

8 minutes ago, A.R.L said:

I'm not even talking about budgets here. But the fact that jlo isn't taken as a serious actress because she doesn't have what it takes.

Uhm she is otherwise she wouldn’t be booking these vehicles and have a movie career spanning more than 25 films. She’s gotten countless meaningful awards recognizing her talents during Hustlers and she’s also a Golden Globes nominated actress. Twice! Even if she didn’t win it it’s still an honor to be nominated at the Globes multiple times.

the trailer actually looks really fun :skull: probably gonna check this out!

17 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Uhm she is otherwise she wouldn’t be booking these vehicles and have a movie career spanning more than 25 films. She’s gotten countless meaningful awards recognizing her talents during Hustlers and she’s also a Golden Globes nominated actress. Twice! Even if she didn’t win it it’s still an honor to be nominated at the Globes multiple times.

She’s taking the leftovers which other  bigger actresses with talent would never touch.

The movie selena got all the attention because of selena herself. If it was about any another character, no one would care about that lackluster performance. 

Remove all the other leading actors from her movies and see if they would still get any attention. 

Ramona would be a much better role and would actually be a worthy Oscar winner without her big ass forcing that jlo persona into the role which no one wants to see. 

6 minutes ago, A.R.L said:

1. She’s taking the leftovers which other  bigger actresses with talent would never touch.

2. The movie selena got all the attention because of selena herself. If it was about any another character, no one would care about that lackluster performance. 

3. Remove all the other leading actors from her movies and see if they would still get any attention. 

4. Ramona would be a much better role and would actually be a worthy Oscar winner without her big ass forcing that jlo persona into the role which no one wants to see. 

IbPGYG0.gif

1. Lol that's not true, just because they're not your typical Oscar baity films doesn't mean other actresses wouldn't die to be cast as a female lead in the movies J.Lo does for big studio's and/or streamers. It's quite incredible how she's been around for that long and people are tuning in and showing up to see her and she's snatching those contracts for a reason.

2. Selena wasn't a lackluster performance at all. There's plenty of big biopics of stars that sadly passed away and whose movies have bombed or lead characters did an awful job. Selena is not one of them. She did a great job in that film and channeled Selena to a T, Selena's family members even said so!

3. She's the lead of nearly every one of her movies during the span of her career. Suddenly you're acting like the other actors are the reason for the movies solely being a hit... And of course the combination of actors should be factored in, but there's a reason why she's the female lead because people tune in for her. Not the other way around.

4. There was no J.Lo persona in Ramona's character apart from her serving body as Ramona on screen and J.Lo always serving body offscreen. 

Just admit she's not your cup of tea (and that's alright), but it shouldn't prohibit you from looking objectively at things.

51 minutes ago, Dolce Vita said:

the trailer actually looks really fun :skull: probably gonna check this out!

It does! So messy and chaotic but fun. Typical popcorn flick.

30 minutes ago, A.R.L said:

She’s taking the leftovers which other  bigger actresses with talent would never touch.

The movie selena got all the attention because of selena herself. If it was about any another character, no one would care about that lackluster performance. 

Remove all the other leading actors from her movies and see if they would still get any attention. 

Ramona would be a much better role and would actually be a worthy Oscar winner without her big ass forcing that jlo persona into the role which no one wants to see. 

Sis, are you good? lol She is clearly a good actress and you sound really pressed on this post. If you hate her, that's totally fine but she can really act. As for her vocals, yeah they are not extraordinary, but she's decent. 

58 minutes ago, insomniac said:

1. other actresses wouldn't die to be cast as a female lead in the movies J.Lo does for big studio's and/or streamers.

And that's true :laugh: other iconic actresses with real talent that directors would die to work with and not any other actress that could easily be replaced.

52 minutes ago, insomniac said:

There's plenty of big biopics of stars that sadly passed away and whose movies have bombed or lead characters did an awful job. Selena is not one of them. S

That's why I said if the movie was for any other character other than selena, it wouldn't have made it, especially given the fact that the movie was released just two years after her murder and the way she was killed and all the trauma that was behind it. It was actually the movie that gave jlo the fame and attention she needed and not the other way around. So thank selena for that more than what jlo did for selena.

52 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Suddenly you're acting like the other actors are the reason for the movies solely being a hit... And of course the combination of actors should be factored in, but there's a reason why she's the female lead because people tune in for her. Not the other way around.

Good luck getting her the same attention if any random actors take on those roles instead

Edited by A.R.L

2 hours ago, A.R.L said:

i dont even care for jlo but she's a bigger box office draw than most actresses :rip:

2 hours ago, FunCoric said:

i dont even care for jlo but she's a bigger box office draw than most actresses :rip:

Jennifer Lopez $1,447,303,961 35 $41,351,542

How and when? :rip:

https://m.the-numbers.com/box-office-star-records/domestic/lifetime-acting/top-grossing-stars/601

This is domestic, it's not even internatinal. Also, not the box office I'm talking about, she could score millions more at the box office with whomever she's taking the lead on, but she still won't be taken seriously as an actress, because she's not one and that's my main point I was trying to say in the other post in response to why she doesn't do better roles as if this was something to do with jlo herself. 

8 hours ago, A.R.L said:

Jennifer Lopez $1,447,303,961 35 $41,351,542

How and when? :rip:

https://m.the-numbers.com/box-office-star-records/domestic/lifetime-acting/top-grossing-stars/601

This is domestic, it's not even internatinal. Also, not the box office I'm talking about, she could score millions more at the box office with whomever she's taking the lead on, but she still won't be taken seriously as an actress, because she's not one and that's my main point I was trying to say in the other post in response to why she doesn't do better roles as if this was something to do with jlo herself. 

I guess your fave actresses are blonde white actresses who appear in seious films like Gwyneth Paltrow, Michelle Williams etc ?

As if a Latina actress like JLo had those same opportunities !

Hollywood wants her to be a typical Latin bombshell. Either she plays those roles or she doesn't get cast (has no job)... Period ! Name me one Latina actress who is respected in Hollywood and appears in those respected Oscar drama .... I can only think of Penelope Cruz and she only has respected roles in Spanish movies - Penelope Cruz's Hollywood movies are Pirates of the Caribean, Gothika, Nine etc

Remember Selma Hayek who was JLo's peer .... And who actually got an Oscar nomination for appearing in respected dramas ? Where is she now? What movies is she doing now?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.