Shotgun Wedding | #1 WW on Prime Video | Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Coolidge, Duhamel

insomniac

9 hours ago, zach said:

I mean, Marry Me was both a commercial and critical success. But yeah, all of the other films that she's currently signed on for (which is like 5 I believe) are more Hustlers-esque. Her next film is The Mother: "While fleeing from dangerous assailants, an assassin comes out of hiding to protect her daughter she left earlier in life."

I’m so stoked for The Mother :beatfreak: really hoping that still comes out in Q4 of this year.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• Dabbyy

• CosTaSsSs

• Dark Phoenix

4 hours ago, rta1913 said:

Since when it's an Amazon Prime movie?

The disrespect... this should've been released in theaters. It could've done cute numbers like The Lost City...

I think it's a smart move, just look at @Gui Blackout and @Sharapov reactions.

The GP is fine with a comedy movie if it's released on a streaming plateform.

1 hour ago, insomniac said:

One of the industry trades (I think Variety) said Amazon made Lionsgate an offer for Shotgun Wedding that they couldn’t refuse. Prime Video is trying to build its slate of original movies, so it was an easy grab for them. Hustlers and Marry Me did really well on Prime Video too so many that’s why they put down a lot of money for this one.

lol, I made it because I wanted to update everyone with the Rated R info. When searching I found the OG thread wasn’t transferred from old ATRL to new ATRL so made a new one. Same happened to The Mother and Atlas threads, so those should be created new as well…

Action Comedy, with some romantic elements. So basically I expect it to be very similar to The Lost City. Shotgun Wedding was filmed before that and it was actually supposed to be released in the same summer, but then Amazon bought it from Lionsgate. Someone that saw an early screening of Shotgun Wedding via 1iota actually shared they enjoyed it more than The Lost City, which is good news!

1 hour ago, Yudelkis said:

They must've paid good money, as long as JLo got her part, it's all good.

And yes I think Tomorrow War or something like that with Pratt did pretty good for Amazon so this could've been a smart move.

4 hours ago, rta1913 said:

They must've paid good money, as long as JLo got her part, it's all good.

And yes I think Tomorrow War or something like that with Pratt did pretty good for Amazon so this could've been a smart move.

I think so! But I do prefer to see movies like this (action comedy) with someone like J.Lo in theatres, so I do understand your reaction. I had the same.

6 hours ago, Yudelkis said:

Lol who cares about them. Are they the authority committee on what type of movie should be in theatres or on streaming? Nah. The landscape of movies is just changing and expect more and more films with big stars to go straight to streaming unless they’re Marvel or tent-pole films.

• 3 weeks later...

spacer.png

The original Lionsgate theatrical poster leaked. I guess to be used before it was sold to Amazon?

5 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

Love it!

Agree. Looks great! Don’t like the tagline tho 

16 hours ago, insomniac said:

spacer.png

The original Lionsgate theatrical poster leaked. I guess to be used before it was sold to Amazon?

Looks :flame:

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2022 at 11:52 PM, insomniac said:

spacer.png

They can keep this poster as far as I’m concerned! I wonder how this leaked, it still has the bleed lines on it.

This would be a perfect film for around Valentine’s Day.

Release data announced for January 27 on Prime Video! Also first stills of Lenny Kravitz, Jennifer Coolidge, Cheech Marin and D’Arcy Carden!

So now that we know The Mother release date is set for May 2023, that gives us 3 months between two new J.Lo movies. She’s feeding her fans the first half of the year! 

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

FeJmgN4X0AQkK6Q?format=jpg&name=medium

January 27, 2023.

Poster looks so good!!

It looks fun! Wish it was released in theaters 'cause it looks like a film people would want to watch there and relax. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.