Shotgun Wedding | #1 WW on Prime Video | Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Coolidge, Duhamel

insomniac

spacer.png

spacer.png

Jason Moore directed “Shotgun Wedding,” in which Lopez and Duhamel play partners who gather their families for a destination wedding. But as the couple begins to get cold feet, the entire wedding party is taken hostage. The cast also includes Jennifer Coolidge, Sonia Braga, Cheech Marin, Selena Tan and Lenny Kravitz.

Armie Hammer was previously set to star opposite Lopez, but he was fired one month before filming following allegations of sexual abuse and social media controversy. 

“Packed with action, comedy, and a dash of romance, ‘Shotgun Wedding’ is one of those rare films with something for everyone,” said Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon Studios. “With a cast led by Jennifer Lopez and Josh Duhamel, the film is bursting with star power and fantastic performances. We are thrilled to work with the entire filmmaking team to bring this hilarious, multifaceted film to Prime Video audiences around the world.”

Edited by insomniac

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• insomniac

• Dabbyy

• CosTaSsSs

• Dark Phoenix

we thought her career would get good again after hustlers but here we are :isudumblmao:

The film has received the Rated R rating for language and some violence/bloody images this week. Currently in post production. 

Just now, Sharapov said:

we thought her career would get good again after hustlers but here we are :isudumblmao:

You can’t have a wedding movie without Jennifer Lopez 

4 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

It will. She also has The Mother and Atlas coming up with Netflix. Those scripts are better than Shotgun. However, mostly looking forward to The Godmother.

10 minutes ago, insomniac said:

The film has received the Rated R rating for language and some violence/bloody images this week. Currently in post production. 

RATED R? Damn. This made me quite a bit more interested in the film now...

17 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

I mean, Marry Me was both a commercial and critical success. But yeah, all of the other films that she's currently signed on for (which is like 5 I believe) are more Hustlers-esque. Her next film is The Mother: "While fleeing from dangerous assailants, an assassin comes out of hiding to protect her daughter she left earlier in life."

It looks like this will be hilarious with the 2 Jennifers alone :lmao: 

35 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

you said that like it's the only movie project that she got after Hustlers.

we are all waiting for The Mother, Atlas and GodMother. 

:toofunny3:

41 minutes ago, insomniac said:

I hate you for opened that thread right now, I thought the trailer was released. @Dabbyy:coffee2:

44 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

I hate you for opened that thread right now, I thought the trailer was released. @Dabbyy:coffee2:

Forreal lol I thought the same thing. Is this the one she filmed in the DR? 

2 hours ago, Sharapov said:

I mean it's an action-comedy film, not a rom-com so it's pretty different from her usual stuff. Not that it's any quality film but it will be fun I guess and a + is that it seems it will be released after another film of hers (The Mother). She has The Mother (Action) and Atlas (Sci-Fi) and possibly The Godmother (Biographical Drama). Hustlers helped her though for critics to be kind with her, Marry Me got decent reviews for the type of film it was, the documentary as well. 

1 hour ago, GeeDuval said:

Forreal lol I thought the same thing. Is this the one she filmed in the DR? 

Yup, same as The Lost City :

ByKGjpX4Mo7iFSl92YYTLq9V9CIPKg%2BxbrmQp8

Actually, she has shooted the movie before Sandra there, but Sandra release her movie before. :rip:

Another classic film for JLo :jonnycat:

She really should be more selective, even produce herself into some more quality stuff. She doesn't really need the coin from generic movies like this.

I'm here for any J-Lo movie! :eatpopcorn:

1 hour ago, Yudelkis said:

Yup, same as The Lost City :

ByKGjpX4Mo7iFSl92YYTLq9V9CIPKg%2BxbrmQp8

Actually, she has shooted the movie before Sandra there, but Sandra release her movie before. :rip:

Look at that I didn’t know about Sandra’s. That one was pretty funny too, but always here for JLo’s rom coms. 

Can't wait !

and rated r ???  it's not gonna be a cute rom com :flame:

Since when it's an Amazon Prime movie?

The disrespect... this should've been released in theaters. It could've done cute numbers like The Lost City...

4 hours ago, rta1913 said:

Since when it's an Amazon Prime movie?

The disrespect... this should've been released in theaters. It could've done cute numbers like The Lost City...

One of the industry trades (I think Variety) said Amazon made Lionsgate an offer for Shotgun Wedding that they couldn’t refuse. Prime Video is trying to build its slate of original movies, so it was an easy grab for them. Hustlers and Marry Me did really well on Prime Video too so many that’s why they put down a lot of money for this one.

9 hours ago, Yudelkis said:

lol, I made it because I wanted to update everyone with the Rated R info. When searching I found the OG thread wasn’t transferred from old ATRL to new ATRL so made a new one. Same happened to The Mother and Atlas threads, so those should be created new as well…

4 hours ago, Dabbyy said:

Can't wait !

and rated r ???  it's not gonna be a cute rom com :flame:

Action Comedy, with some romantic elements. So basically I expect it to be very similar to The Lost City. Shotgun Wedding was filmed before that and it was actually supposed to be released in the same summer, but then Amazon bought it from Lionsgate. Someone that saw an early screening of Shotgun Wedding via 1iota actually shared they enjoyed it more than The Lost City, which is good news!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.