How much will Adele sell first week with her next album?

HeavyMetalAura

How much will 35 sell first week?   

92 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• below 100k
    • 100k+
    • 200k+
    • 300k+
    • 400k+
    • 500k+
    • 600k+
    • 700k+
    • 800k+
    • 900k+
    • 1m+

Since 30's chart performance gets brought up frequently here, how well do we think she'll fare next time?

I definitely see her faring worse than 30 considering she didn't really have another hit after EoM (which didn't seem like as much of show-stopping cultural moment as Hello), but I don't doubt her; she's still a huge star. People here love to discredit 30 as being "front loaded," and that may be somewhat true, but when 800k+ people buy your album in one week, you can't be anything but extremely relevant and successful no matter how you spin it or how much you sold last time. 

I say it largely depends on how long she waits. If she drops maybe 2 or 3 years from now, I can see her doing 500k+. Any longer, I feel like she'll drop into the 300-400k range. But to even say "Adele" and "300-400k" in the same sentence seems weird to me. I could see anything happening tbh. 

She'll do around 600k for her next album, but if the market continues the path it is going, it'll be 400k.

That lazy ass ***** hasn't really promoted the album out of the two Hyde Park shows, new Vegas announcement and the BRITs and that interview in London.

it doesn't matter the Swifties will drag her anyway

Atrl told me she’s in her flop era so let’s say 50k.  Anything above that would be great 

Pure sales continue to plummet and with stacks of 30s left unsold her label isn’t going to flood the market again. 

I genuinely think it’ll be 250-350k unless she can turn it around somehow. 

Don’t know and I don’t care. She’s sorry as **** for this era + I  feel stupid and perplexed for buying a ticket to this residency despite still loving her and her music. 

It depends on a lot of things. For artists like Gaga or Bey or Ari, they have established a really solid fanbase so whatever project they put out, will do around 230-350k. Adele is a GP oriented artist, and they are fickle. If they like you at the hot moment, you can even push it to 1M with ease, but once you are over you can easily become a flop (Katy Perry, Lil Wayne, Ashanti sadly, Leona Lewis, etc.). So it depends on how Adele and her team play the cards next. She has lost quite a lot of likability with 30 and how she behaved like a diva recently, that resulted in 30 plummeting on the BB 200 real quick. So it depends on the music, how she damage-controls, how she apologizes to the GP...

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

First week, it will still do pretty much the same with 30 (considering the same rollout of promos). I don't really see her selling below 500k in first week just yet.

4 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Gaga is not seeing 250k again. Ariana can with vinyls up first week and a bit of promotion. 

Adele will easily do 400-500k next album release week. But there won't be pent up demand with the next project. 

Lmao. Yall like to say a lot of things about Gaga and she always proves yall wrong again and again :bibliahh: yall even said the same thing with Chromatica. Gaga will always have sth up her sleeve to pull sales. Her fanbase will always guarantee herat leas 130-170k. The rest of 40-80k will rely on the GP and her talent.

24 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Gaga is not seeing 250k again. Ariana can with vinyls up first week and a bit of promotion. 

Adele will easily do 400-500k next album release week. But there won't be pent up demand with the next project. 

We will see :coffee2:

This is going to be interesting to see how her next record does depending on when she releases it. 

1 hour ago, Insanity said:

it doesn't matter the Swifties will drag her anyway

surely it will be bigger than fave's releases, especially globally and will have a song with longevity in the top 10, and not a 1-OUT 

37 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

It depends on a lot of things. For artists like Gaga or Bey or Ari, they have established a really solid fanbase so whatever project they put out, will do around 230-350k. Adele is a GP oriented artist, and they are fickle. If they like you at the hot moment, you can even push it to 1M with ease, but once you are over you can easily become a flop (Katy Perry, Lil Wayne, Ashanti sadly, Leona Lewis, etc.). So it depends on how Adele and her team play the cards next. She has lost quite a lot of likability with 30 and how she behaved like a diva recently, that resulted in 30 plummeting on the BB 200 real quick. So it depends on the music, how she damage-controls, how she apologizes to the GP...

the fiction, and the admiration of GP to Adele is bigger than whatever fans left Gaga has :ahh:

Adele still has 10 weeks #1 SOLO song more than 10 years in her career, when was the last time your fave did that. Adele might not have a huge fanbase but she is a GP darling and outside atrl or stan twitter, NOBODY CARES about what you've said.

(the problem with 30 is the lack of streaming friendly ballads aka as Easy on Me or "25" ballads)

26 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

the fiction, and the admiration of GP to Adele is bigger than whatever fans left Gaga has :ahh:

Adele still has 10 weeks #1 SOLO song more than 10 years in her career, when was the last time your fave did that. Adele might not have a huge fanbase but she is a GP darling and outside atrl or stan twitter, NOBODY CARES about what you've said.

(the problem with 30 is the lack of streaming friendly ballads aka as Easy on Me or "25" ballads)

Read my post and yours again to see how you didnt even understand what I said :toofunny2: the way you clapbacked at me by saying basically what I said :toofunny2:

Reading comprehension. 

She’s clearly over in the US. Her stand setting her up again :toofunny2:

1 minute ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Read my post and yours again to see how you didnt even understand what I said :toofunny2: the way you clapbacked at me by saying basically what I said :toofunny2:

Reading comprehension. 

you leveled Adele with Katy and other unknown singers, they are different level of GP driven singers :toofunny2: 

the same way there are different kind of fanbase driven singers

there are singers with big GP market, and there are singers with small fanbase market 

Adele fits the former, you know who fits that latter. 

again nobody outside twitter/atrl cared about what you've said, only bottom gays know such stan things

1 hour ago, supertiffany said:

surely it will be bigger than fave's releases, especially globally and will have a song with longevity in the top 10, and not a 1-OUT 

Idk folklore already ahead of 30 in majority markets nowadays :bam:

1 hour ago, supertiffany said:

you leveled Adele with Katy and other unknown singers, they are different level of GP driven singers :toofunny2: 

the same way there are different kind of fanbase driven singers

there are singers with big GP market, and there are singers with small fanbase market 

Adele fits the former, you know who fits that latter. 

again nobody outside twitter/atrl cared about what you've said, only bottom gays know such stan things

You cared enough.

I said she is the same type of artists, but didnt say she was at the same level as Katy or others. Mind you, Lil Wayne  was actually huge for quitea few eras. He has a couple of 1M+ debuts. 

Obviously Ádele was/is bigger. I mentioned them all bcuz they are similar in terms of GP artists, who dont have a cult-like following like Gaga/Ari/Bey.

Taylor kinda  has both: stanbase and GP. Thats why she is always hugel successful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.