Renaissance (180 mill) vs Chromatica (87 million). Why?

suneclipse121

Why did Renaissance open with 180 million streams when I was repeatedly told by liddos that Beyonce was irrelevant? What does that make Chromatica and Gaga if she only did less than half of what Beyoncé did. The math isn't mathing.

Confused Thinking GIF

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rotunda

• Dr.Cake

• BnPac

• Nicholai

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg little L’s wouldn’t shut up about Apple Music being irrelevant but Bey has more than 100M streams in that platform alone. 

Omg surely that's a typo? Ms Beyonce in her 40s who debuted before anyone knew what an itunes was did more than double Chromatica streams? The album that even had streaming giant Ariana Grande?

Double the streams without two giant features and without visuals or Oreos.

Far better album by a far bigger artist.

Better album, better outcome I guess :gaycat:

Why are the non - Hive doing these threads? 

Leave Gaga alone.

2 minutes ago, Jagger said:

Payola I fear 

Didn't know a visualizer and insequential remixes to one song count as payola now...

1 minute ago, Mitsouko said:

Double the streams without two giant features and without visuals or Oreos.

Far better album by a far bigger artist.

No Nabisco promotion needed :lakitu:

Just now, JBJT2786 said:

Leave Gaga alone.

Didn't know a visualizer and insequential remixes to one song count as payola now...

I'm friends with radio and industry execs and I've even partied with them. They have told me that Bey's sales for this album are about 85% because of payola. This is just what I heard so take with a grain of salt!

3 minutes ago, Jagger said:

I'm friends with radio and industry execs and I've even partied with them. They have told me that Bey's sales for this album are about 85% because of payola. This is just what I heard so take with a grain of salt!

Source : trust me bro

It's more like a mountain of salt than a grain clearly.

4 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Leave Gaga alone.

Oh I'm Hive check my post history. :fan: I just want a simple explanation that's all. 

Gaga is merely smoke and mirrors, insanely overhyped by her fans. In reality, she needs big collaboration to do half of B's numbers. Her hypes don't really translate to her sales. Even in 2011 she barely outsold 4 after 99 cent discount. 

5 minutes ago, Jagger said:

:deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, Jagger said:

Yeah. Straight up lie :lmao: 

9 minutes ago, Jagger said:

I- :gaycat6:

9 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Gaga is merely smoke and mirrors, insanely overhyped by her fans. In reality, she needs big collaboration to do half of B's numbers. Her hypes don't really translate to her sales. Even in 2011 she barely outsold 4 after 99 cent discount. 

So selling more than double (660k vs 315k) is barely outselling? I’ve seen it all :dies:

15 minutes ago, Jagger said:

anigif_original-grid-image-30256-1501608

1 minute ago, luckythisway said:

So selling more than double (660k vs 315k) is barely outselling? I’ve seen it all :dies:

Lol no. total sales is around 1.6M copies which is just 1M away from BTW (if you include the bargain sales). 4 had one month leak and flop singles while Gaga had singles (radio), promo on her side. 

Anyways, 4 still outsold when SPS is included so that wouldn't be 'barely outsold' anymore.

4 (78 Weeks) vs BTW (52 weeks) on BB200

I’m friends with one of Beys cousins and she told me is 95% payola :coffee2:  She also told me that Bey does not give a f, it’s all Jay Z ego, she even wanted to retire from music since self titled #FreeBeyonce

21 minutes ago, Jagger said:

Sure, Jan. :gayoncecat1:

I was hoping this trite comparison would fizzle out by now. It was very clear which one is more impressive/more of an event than the other by day 3. And to give Gaga the benefit of the doubt, she did kind of pay it dust and practically worked harder for the WHO at the time. Feels like a fever dream tbh. 

19 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Source : trust me bro

:laugh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.