Current MPGs whose biopic will be interesting?

Safe&Sound

Who is among these current active MPGs whose life story will be interesting to be adapted in a movie?

Britney definitely will be juicy as ****. Her entire career has so many great and messy moments. 

Beyoncé will be good but manufactured with a fine tooth comb. 

Edited by infrared

Britney & Beyoncé’s jumped out to me. 

Britney’s scandals (well the ones that we know of) are some of the most reported celebrity moments of all-time. I think also just the story of her becoming free would be such a good arc. 

I think people would want to know more about the mystery of Beyoncé, in comparison, but I’m not sure if it goes with her brand to reveal anything.

Rihanna for sure, coming up from poverty to being a billionaire and getting the inside scoop on her past relationships. I really want to know what happened between her and Hassan Jameel. This is assuming she helps with the biopic and reveals more information ofc.

Edited by kandicha

Madonna and Mariah because ish went down in their lives. I know others have had their struggles... But Madonna and Mariah have had to really overcome and tear down everything and everyone in order to be who they are today. 

Also, I want to see who they are going to cast as J.Lo, Eminem, Tommy Mottola, Whitney, her siblings, Sean Penn, Elton John, Michael Jackson, these obese white men record people who were shady as fark, their children etc. 

OP saying current active MPGs and yall posting Britney and Madonna

ezgif.com-resize-3.thumb.gif.9626b01a842

I think Gaga's would be a fun emotional rollercoaster. Lots of drama and interesting tea.

Beyoncé but there will probably never be anyone able to do her justice 

im so sick of biopics tbh

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

OP saying current active MPGs and yall posting Britney and Madonna

I think Gaga's would be a fun emotional rollercoaster. Lots of drama and interesting tea.

According to Google, Britney has more interest than Gaga

and the former got the biggest single-book deal

:eli:

1 hour ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

Camila

Her strap-on scenes with Shawn

KK71HPA.thumb.gif.aba93f2eca3de186172c17

1 minute ago, bowdown said:

Her strap-on scenes with Shawn

KK71HPA.thumb.gif.aba93f2eca3de186172c17

The world ain't ready

62bb0-16133746543695-800.jpg

Britney and Mary J Blige (Tho she's The Queen of Hip Hop and Soul) whenever both are really ready to tell they story it has all the potential to be EPIC EPIC EPIC

Lauryn Hill comes to mind too.

Mariah IF she tell everything her bi-racial upbringing, her crazy family and her time in Sing Sing when she was married to the pig racist, her breakdown .. her book was very watered down but if she was to do something raw I can see it being really good ... however like Madonna they can't do that so it'll never happen with them involved at least lol.

Tate McRae and Olivia Rodgrigo. 

Shakira. She’s messy and she hides it behind a friendly image 

Edit I read in my mind documentary lol

Britney 

Edited by Selenasworld

Literally none only Britney for obvious reasons, Madonna cos she’s working on hers and janet miss Jackson if ya nasty

Obviously Britney. Her life is crazy 

Britney. She's the only one whose life has been dramatic enough to merit a major movie studio biopic. MAYBE Beyonce but "my husband cheated on me" just isn't enough. Look at the people who have gotten/will get biopics. You always need their life to be extremely dramatic

Tina Turner = decades long domestic abuse

Madonna = mother died as a child, moved to NYC penniless where she was raped, mentors/friends die of AIDS, controversy, threatened to be arrested on stage, Sean Penn abusive husband

Freddie Mercury = gay, drug addict, died of AIDS 

Elton = gay, major drug addict

MJ = do I even need to say?

Whitney = major drug addict who eventually died from it, volatile relationship w/ Bobby Brown

Aretha = teenage mother, major trailblazer for black women during the era of civil rights and association with MLK Jr, abusive husband

Amy Winehouse = severe drug addict, dies from it

I love Taylor, Gaga and Beyonce but what's the great dramatic arc of their lives that can make a great film? They were both born in fairly privileged backgrounds, became a star and conquered the world but what's the fundamental struggle behind them that would make a great 2 hour film? With Madonna it's constantly seeking the love that a mother could not provide from the public, and braving the odds to move to NYC without a cent and somehow making it. Even with her I'd say it's not as strong and clear-cut as some of the others above. They will have to work hard to avoid it becoming a puff piece without dramatic heft towards the end. With Whitney it's whether or not her talent and passion and drive can overcome her demons (sadly she did not). With MJ it's how someone can become the most beloved person on the planet and then the most ridiculed and attacked and how it destroyed him, his movie will be a tragedy, but it's a great story even if it's a sad one. Gaga, Beyonce, Katy, etc just don't have that kind of oomph in their stories.

But Britney does. Even then I'd say her story might work best as a kind of artsier take where it's about one journalist or even paparazzi who manages to get into her inner circle in the dark days of 2007. A straight up chronological biopic might be too cheesy because even despite all the things that happened to her, with movies it's got to be life or death, those are the stakes that make a truly great film. 'What's Love Got to Do With It' is still one of the best music biopics because at the end Ike points a gun at her and she refuses to submit and instead tells him to F himself and calmly walks out the room. THAT's what film is about. Or Bohemian Rhapsody, where Freddie learns he is going to die of AIDS and decides to perform anyway. That's the level of drama you need for a great film, life and death and transcendence. Anything less it's not worth making.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.