• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• V$.

• Shaner69

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stop replaying this! It kinda deserves a spot on the album as a bonus track or something :jonny2:

Omg I’ll listen tonight I knew she was inspired by Madonna when this first released because of the horse I- 

Is it on streaming yet? Has Madonna acknowledged it? Ugh I love my fave two women in pop so much 

3 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Girls mentioned

Aaliyah

Rosetta Tharpe

Bessie Smith

Nina Simone

Betty Davis

Solange Knowles

Erykah Badu ? idk abt this one

Lizzo

Kelly Rowland

Toni Braxton

JANET JACKSON

Tierra Whack

Michelle.. something something

Missy Elliott

Diana Ross

Grace Jones

Aretha Franklin

Anita Baker

Helen Folasade Adu

Chloe x Halle

Rihanna

Nicki Minaj

Kelly rowland but no Michelle ?????

:gaycat6:

2 minutes ago, reymiu said:

Kelly rowland but no Michelle ?????

:gaycat6:

I think she says Michelle at one point

The big “EverybOOOODAAAYYYyy” in this is so much more prominent and easier to hear and, my…my lord, did she eat that!

Madonna seems to be really mad at Britney collborating with Elton huh? Vengeful queen :gaygacat1:

Sad that Mariah and Ariana got left out of the name drop

This is a slay omg put It into streaming now 

10 minutes ago, @michael said:

:toofunny2:

Just now, Protocol said:

:toofunny2:

Right LMAO

12 minutes ago, @michael said:

:deadbanana2:

I need to listen to this asap !

1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

She just recorded it. Hence the specific Jill Scott shoutout.

She's always loved Jill Scott though. I seem to remember her name dropping her before in some interview but can't recal what it wasl. But she definitely covered her before. Jill is certainly one of her influences, even if she hadn't gone hard for Bey on Twitter recently I would not be surprised at all to hear her name listed. Plus Jill is a big stan of Bey's regardless.

Edited by swissman

29 minutes ago, @michael said:

Thankfully she got a shout out in ENERGY. :eli:

16 minutes ago, swissman said:

She's always loved Jill Scott though. I seem to remember her name dropping her before in some interview but can't recal what it wasl. But she definitely covered her before. Jill is certainly one of her influences, even if she hadn't gone hard for Bey on Twitter recently I would not be surprised at all to hear her name listed. Plus Jill is a big stan of Bey's regardless.

I know she does, but I don't think Jill would have gotten such a specific shoutout at the end if it hadn't been for the last few days.

And the rest of the song, particularly the beginning, seems to be a strong reference to Kelis.

Not Sade's entire government name :deadbanana4: GAGGED 

4 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I know she does, but I don't think Jill would have gotten such a specific shoutout at the end if it hadn't been for the last few days.

And the rest of the song, particularly the beginning, seems to be a strong reference to Kelis.

I guess I think it could just as easily be concidence given BMS does indeed open with an iconic "lalalalalala" and then plays with that in the remix, and given the empowering nature of the song I also don't think its far fetched that the meaning she personally derives from it is one of blocking haters out... telling them they can't break her soul...a Bow Down kind of thing.

BUT I also see how it can be totally applied to the recent stuff and either way, she's smart and would catch that it could be taken that way before she released it... so ya... lol?

5 minutes ago, swissman said:

I guess I think it could just as easily be concidence given BMS does indeed open with an iconic "lalalalalala" and then plays with that in the remix, and given the empowering nature of the song I also don't think its far fetched that the meaning she personally derives from it is one of blocking haters out... telling them they can't break her soul...a Bow Down kind of thing.

BUT I also see how it can be totally applied to the recent stuff and either way, she's smart and would catch that it could be taken that way before she released it... so ya... lol?

Good point, we could go round in circles (round in circles) but we'll never know :deadbanana4: