What happened to Gairbay and White Shadow?

robattack332

I'm curious about why Gaga hasn't worked with Fernando Gairbay and DJ White Shadow since their respective times together. They've made some of her best produced songs (Blood Mary, Heavy Metal Lover, DWUW, Applause). I know DJWS was a little loud on Twitter back in the day, but is there any tea on something that actually happened with them?

I ask about these two as other producers being left behind make sense. She tried to work with RedOne again but that didn't quite work out, and I think it's safe to see that he may not evolved in the way Gaga did so that makes sense. And Mark is a very specific type of producer, and they actually worked together again on ASIB. Other contributors like Zedd and Madeon were just sending her beats so nothing weird going on there. 

musicians don't always work with the same people over and over again. eventually you move on and find other collaborators. doesn't mean something bad happened.

are they even working in general? i loved garibay's production

DJWS is an unstable mess who would leak information about her unreleased music and fight with Liddos on Twitter, and Garibay was *allegedly* accused of taking more credit for his involvement in production and writing than he should have from Gaga and DJWS.

mlaredoperez
53 minutes ago, robattack332 said:

I'm curious about why Gaga hasn't worked with Fernando Gairbay and DJ White Shadow since their respective times together. They've made some of her best produced songs (Blood Mary, Heavy Metal Lover, DWUW, Applause). I know DJWS was a little loud on Twitter back in the day, but is there any tea on something that actually happened with them?

I ask about these two as other producers being left behind make sense. She tried to work with RedOne again but that didn't quite work out, and I think it's safe to see that he may not evolved in the way Gaga did so that makes sense. And Mark is a very specific type of producer, and they actually worked together again on ASIB. Other contributors like Zedd and Madeon were just sending her beats so nothing weird going on there. 

Oh did she work with redone post BTW???

9 minutes ago, mlaredoperez said:

There are sessions and a scrapped album concept he was working on with her between Artpop and Joanne.

The last time Gaga worked with Garibay was in 2012 for Partynauseous (and maybe other early ARTPOP concepts). I don't think they were particularly close though. Gaga was introduced to him by Interscope to write for other artists. So I assume after Born This Way their collaboration naturally came to a close.

DJWS and her are still close. I wouldn't be surprised if they worked together again. Or if they didn't :mandown: It seems like they still talk and that she still plays her new ideas for him.

35 minutes ago, mlaredoperez said:

He co-wrote "Gypsy" on ARTPOP and they worked together in the early sessions for Joanne, but those songs were scrapped except for "Angel Down", but the production was redone by Mark and Bloodpop, RedOne retained a writing credit.

What are they even up to at all? DJWS has always been very Gaga-specific in my mind, but Garibay worked with other people as well.

Idk but she needs to call Mark Ronson again and make an albums full of shallow like songs. 

Maybe Garibay was Gaga’s ex-managers friend rather than Gaga’s

Enjoying their royalties from Born This Way recurrent streams.

Djws left after ASIB to focus on his sobriety, he should come back in LG7 for sure.

5 hours ago, Countess said:

Djws left after ASIB to focus on his sobriety, he should come back in LG7 for sure.

Oh interesting -- that makes sense. Bloodpoop's work seems like a watered-down version of his. Hopefully he's just a placeholder

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.