Carly Rae Jepsen - "Beach House"

Supervillain

crazy this is produced by the same person who did “hey you got drugs” by tove :deadbanana4: it’s a bop tho, 2/2

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supervillain

• FAN

• ChristerD

• Sazare

This is fun! Not her best but it bops.

Question for people who follow CRJ: did people enjoy Dedicated or were they generally disappointed? I don’t remember it making much noise but I know Emotion is a classic in gay culture, so I would expect Dedicated to have been more discussed. I haven’t gotten around to listening to it, just Party for One, but I really enjoyed that one. 

Just now, HeavyMetalAura said:

Question for people who follow CRJ: did people enjoy Dedicated or were they generally disappointed? I don’t remember it making much noise but I know Emotion is a classic in gay culture, so I would expect Dedicated to have been more discussed. I haven’t gotten around to listening to it, just Party for One, but I really enjoyed that one. 

It's like 60-40 Emotion VS Dedicated 

Kiss doesn't get the flowers it deserves tho

4th play and it's completely grown on me..pretty addictive. Not god-tier Carly but her singles often aren't

Imagine releasing a masterpiece Western Wind and then this.... basic song as a second single :skull:

I blame the gays who whining that she's not releasing a dance-pop song for this by the way

Very cute, but needed some retooling in terms of structure.

I so wish she repeated the “Boys around the world” chorus section after every time the guys sing their little “I’ve got a ___” breakdown (especially before the second verse). When it comes in again after the quasi-bridge it sounds so euphoric, but even there we needed Carly’s part at least two more times for a truly perfect ending. :monkey:

12 hours ago, stevenisFADING said:

This is awful. Who let those croaky sounding men on the track?! 
I mean this should honestly have been left on the cutting room floor and not near a track list let alone given pre-single or single status. 

THIS

Can't say I'm surprised seeing some gays who stuck in Emotion era loving this song :priceless:

Hmm… I liked it through the first half of the chorus but from the first second a man started talking it became kind of awful, and then more men started joining in on the bridge and it got worse. I feel like if it was just Carly being sarcastic and petty it would be way better. The chorus melody is actually fun and I like the concept, the men are just too much. 

Maybe it will grow on me who knows 

this sounds like a spoof SNL song centered around a bad segment about a cannibal who lures girls to his beach house to "harvest their organs"

its baffling that the same girl who made so many classics on EMOTION also made this massive dud 

Edited by ryoncé

the end of the chorus (i got a beach house in malibu...im probably gonna hurt your feelings) doesn't rhythmically work at all -- its very off putting

this might be the worst song ive heard in 2022 so far, its giving Rebecca Black in her Friday era  

I can't really wrap my head around the song. I feel like it will be a grower?

Beach House & Western Wind are sooooooo different. What is this album going to sound like?

holy sh*t this is incredible :jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator

ummm

12 hours ago, Supervillain said:

She switched singles at the last minute, the banger is yet to come

oh I'm very ready for that too :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Kristen said:

Very cute, but needed some retooling in terms of structure.

I so wish she repeated the “Boys around the world” chorus section after every time the guys sing their little “I’ve got a ___” breakdown (especially before the second verse). When it comes in again after the quasi-bridge it sounds so euphoric, but even there we needed Carly’s part at least two more times for a truly perfect ending. :monkey:

when I'm listening on repeat rn I keep thinking about this!! still love it though, and it packs a big melodic punch in just 2.5 minutes

Loving this! Very fun :ihype:

I get why the boys do the chorus, but I wish she would've done it herself, cause it feels like she's absent too much in a song that's already short

cindy this is excellence :jonny2:

This is so cute and cheeky. I really, really like it. She should have led with this instead of Breaking Wind, which was kinda transient and forgettable.

3 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I think the reception of Dedicated was pretty good, though I do seem to recall some people expecting another Emotion being disappointed a bit (which is why they can't seem to shut up about Disco Sweat). To me personally Dedicated is by far her best album, its sound is unique and there is not a single track I hate. 

Emotion is overrated as **** in her discography.

Edited by mystery

This has now gone on repeat it’s so catchy :smitten:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.