• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supervillain

• zach

• BlackoutZone

• mystery

On 8/5/2022 at 11:46 AM, LoveInStereo said:

Can't get past these lyrics. Idk why she's been trying to brand herself in recent years as a sex siren. It doesn't matter if it's true to her private life. The public persona she's stuck with can't sell it. She'll never be a femme fatale, she's always be seen as a mousy girl next door. Nobody wants to hear Carly Rae sing about boning married men. She lacks the sex appeal required to make it convincing

She’s not trying to sing about “boning married men,” I think the song is about dating men whom things never seem to work out with, in one case because it turned out he was already married.

I don’t really know where you get the impression she’s trying to come across as a “femme fatale” or some sort of sexpot. This is barely less chaste than her usual fare, but even then I don’t see why vague allusions to sex should be off limits to her just because you don’t find her sexy or whatever. She’s in her mid 30s, I don’t think she needs to be forever saddled as some innocent tween-adjacent nymph

Anyway I don’t remember if I already posted that I wasn’t a fan of this in here or in the album thread but I think my main sticking point (aside from the clunky lil quips that don’t quite land, like the part about harvesting her organs) is just the fact that I was hoping that “Beach House” would sound a little more like, well, Beach House. Especially because Western Wind already wasn’t too far removed from that sort of vein.

I’m less hyped for the album than I wish I were but I’m somewhat comforted by the comments from the insiders who said this doesn’t sound like the rest of the album.

Okay the male voices in the song though... I ain't here to listen to them :skull: Otherwise the song is a bit different for her

• ATRL Moderator

It's just ok. Def not a masterpiece like WW :fan:

somehow this gets worse everytime i listen to it 

this song alone could derail her whole career its that bad 

I just listened to this and I love it a lot!

such a campy, quirky and fun bop! ofc some of you won't get it the first time you hear it :tsk:

Edited by despy

Me And The Boys In The Band is the type of masterpiece that could bridge between this and Western Wind on the album. One day the Jepsies will recognise its excellence.

michael-jackson.gif

Well if there's one good thing about this song it's that it made Godly Wind sound 100x better. One of her best I fear :WAP:

Not her complaining about boys and their hunting season while being surrounded by Czech Hunter's actors. :skull:

Anyway, the video is as fun as I expected it to be.

I need more of this fun, carefree spirit back in pop music, ugh so good. The mv is also great

It's so gay it almost ridiculous 

I think y'all taking it too serious. It's fun, quirky and catchy 

that video is gay as ****. it was camp i guess. i still don't care for the song.

The video makes the song even better! 

I don't listen to males with that kind of voice so it just makes me not wanna listen to it again tbh, I won't even get into the lyrics :monkey:

This is so fun. The verses are clever. I like that she’s not taking things too seriously.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.